A bit of feedback for the NAFC organisers

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: A bit of feedback for the NAFC organisers

Post by Thadrin »

Venue was as pretty much perfect. i imagine the oddly broad tables is hard for the venue to change.

I was fine with the food. Finding something to please 150 or so plus an alternative for the salad worriers must be tricky.I always thought WW did this well tbh though I know many disagree.

Announcements - volume down a couple of ticks but no complaints.

Really thought it was about as good as it could be at a more than reasonable cost. Very happy and looking forward to next year already.

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Itchen Masack wrote: Had pot noodle due to the convenience, not because it is nice. The saturday evening meal tasted worse (actually I'm not even sure it 'tasted' at all :P), which is the point i was making.
Apologise if having an opinion in a feedback thread is overstepping the mark, but i also dont think that snide remarks upon my opinion are required either.
It's not a snide remark, it's outright astonishment that you thought the food was so bad you resorted to a pot noodle... Pot Noodle - the food that tastes so bad it's a fcking cliche in it's own right!

You're allowed your opinion, I never suggested otherwise, but likewise I'm allowed my opinion that you thought the food was bad enough to warrant a pot noodle is frankly a bit silly and a bit nitpicky.

What would you have preferred? Bearing in mind that pleasing 160+ people as fickle and diverse as blood bowlers in a venue where the organisers have no direct control over the kitchens is a rather hard! :) Personally, I enjoyed something a bit more interesting than a plate of chips and a reheated Space Marine sandwich.

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

From a personal standpoint I had no problems at all with the venue and think the tournament as a whole ran really well. Was great to see that a number of things raised in feedback last year had been listened to. My only remaining quibble is the tables but not much we can do about that as thats all thats available. Looking forward to next year!!

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

I had a fantastic time at the tournament. I think the announcement volume was fine and also meant I wasn't concerned about missing stuff while I was at the bar or just outside the doors etc. I find it far worse when there's an announcement that you're straining to listen to over the background hum of a conference.

The only minor issues I experienced were the meal on the Saturday afternoon being a bit bland and some of the tables having a bit of a hump around the midfield which, on the vinyl boards meant that when people were banging dice cups down there were some problems keeping figures stood up.

Like I said though, I had a fantastic time and I thought it was incredibly well run. These are just very minor things that I noticed over the course of a great weekend.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

J_Bone wrote: people were banging dice cups down there were some problems keeping figures stood up.
A whole other issue...

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Haha! Yeah... I thought it was just me being my normal old grumpy Duck self not liking dice cups. I'd chime in there but I don't want to resurrect a dead thread just for a moan :lol:

Beardman.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Dice towers are the future. The Orc coach I played had a very nice looking one that was pretty silent too. Set the carpenters to work and we all get one for the next tourney?!

If anything I've seen more suspicious rolling coming from a cup than a hand, but dice towers have to be fairest?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I made a dice tower out of lego. Rolled really badly, and then I had the satisfaction of smashing it up!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

lunchmoney wrote:
J_Bone wrote: people were banging dice cups down there were some problems keeping figures stood up.
A whole other issue...
I have been seeing that lovely NAF shield a lot since the weekend...

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

One problem I've seen with dice towers is that often the other guy can't actually see the dice result a lot of the time. I played a game of Eclipse recently where we both needed sixes in a battle and it just took all the drama out of it, not being able to see his rolls. It's especially bad on a big table.

I'm just a bit old school and like to see the guy actually roll the dice in front of me. There are a lot of weird issues with dice cups but the "brandy swirl" dice cup roll is the one that always make me grit my teeth / bite my tongue...

Beardman.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Vanguard wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:
A whole other issue...
I have been seeing that lovely NAF shield a lot since the weekend...
And yeah... The FAME shield was a great little gift. I'm going to use that SO much.

Beardman.
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

J_Bone wrote:And yeah... The FAME shield was a great little gift. I'm going to use that SO much.
It was actually the NAF dice I meant. I'd swear I've been throwing more than my share of sixes. :lol:

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

My deepest respect for a fantastically organised event.

The food was fine and that is from someone who had to wait for extra sandwiches on the first day, only had the Veggie Curry choice on Saturday evening as everything else had gone (if you took extra naans, poppadums etc then yes you did take mine) and had a choice of sandwich bags on Sunday that had already been raided for extra portions by others. This was not the fault of the organisers but those attendees who were too selfish to wait for everybody to get their fair share, you know who you are :evil: .

One small improvement I would request for next year's NAFC. I found I was having to go to the bar far too regularly and as a slow player which caused at least one of my opponents unnecessary grief (sorry Hana :( ) please would the NAF provide me with a Butler to make the beer runs necessary to feed my 3 pints of Guinness per match habit.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

That last line is actually a really good idea that would make a load of money for the venue. Worth suggesting to them

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
reroll
Rookie
Rookie

Post by reroll »

I has no issues - well organised and timed, good venue.
Thanks.