The NAF Championship LIII - 17th & 18th May 2014

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: The NAF Championship LIII - 17th & 18th May 2014

Post by Joemanji »

lunchmoney wrote:You give it to a player who, being stunned, immediately drops it and you roll for scatter and carry on.
I totally did not know the answer to this one! Shows what a freakish event it is. :o

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Joemanji wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:You give it to a player who, being stunned, immediately drops it and you roll for scatter and carry on.
I totally did not know the answer to this one! Shows what a freakish event it is. :o
It came up in the rules forum ages ago and Galak answered it, and it's just one of the many things that stuck with me. But like you say, such a rare/freakish event, not everyone is going to see it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I wondered what the odds were, so for your team to get a Pitch Invasion and get a touch back and not have a player standing to give the ball to...

If you have 8 players I make it odds of 1 in 393,216 if your opponent gets 2+ fame, if he doesn't have the fame the odds are 1 in 7,739,670,528

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

With the chances of a touchback being added in, surely that's a very complicated equation? Especially as it would in part depend upon my formation? (it could bounce off a line of players and then go over the LOS for example)

In this case he has +1 FAME so the actual flooring of my team would be 1 in 3^8?

axiom

Post by axiom »

Dr. Luis LaVeel wrote:Can some one told my the company on the rigth with Mino and the Bestmens?
Yep that was me with my Beast Face Miniatures line. Felt a little amateurish next to Willy & Tritex, but I guess that's due to it being a spare time project :-)

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Itchen Masack wrote:With the chances of a touchback being added in, surely that's a very complicated equation? Especially as it would in part depend upon my formation? (it could bounce off a line of players and then go over the LOS for example)

In this case he has +1 FAME so the actual flooring of my team would be 1 in 3^8?
True, the odds assume that the ball goes 'directly' for a touchback i.e. not bouncing, landing on a player and then scattering over the line but even then you could do a worst case as there are only the six landing sites (again an assumption no one would put a man on the sideline directly 'east' and 'west', you could pretty much assume that there are going to be no one in the endzone for it to bounce off so that is just three. Basically on Scatter Direction of 5, less than half the time there may be someone there and of those 'less than half times' only 3/8 times will a bouncing off the player result in the touchback, so modifying the Scatter distance roll to 1 in 5.9 rather than 1 in 6 means that the odds are much better only 1 in 14.9 million of you seeming a repeat :wink:

Obviously I have made some assumptions (e.g. other guy puts ball on middle square) but to put the odds in context I think it's close enough. I tidied up the table I used...
PI_TB.JPG
A better question might be should I find better things to do with my breaks/lunchtime :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

This was the most fun I've had at a bloodbowl event in a long time; it had everything from a brilliant social scene, to great games and a fantastic bunch of people. Thank you everyone who came for making it what it was.

And a huge congratulations to Andrew "the Sizzler" Berry, you are the greatest! An Andy special tournament report is mandatory!

I have the con.
DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

axiom wrote:
Dr. Luis LaVeel wrote:Can some one told my the company on the rigth with Mino and the Bestmens?
Yep that was me with my Beast Face Miniatures line. Felt a little amateurish next to Willy & Tritex, but I guess that's due to it being a spare time project :-)
Still the best Mino figure around.

I don't have a team that needs one but I had to have one!

rockstar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rockstar »

Yo! thank you all for an awesome weekend and congratulations to the King of Blood Bowl and the night life of Nottingham! a Hero indeed ;)Here's a short recap of what happened..enjoy..Rockstar out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuhTSZvIlE

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

These Rockstar video montages are becoming mandatory. And I approve.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

rockstar wrote:Yo! thank you all for an awesome weekend and congratulations to the King of Blood Bowl and the night life of Nottingham! a Hero indeed ;)Here's a short recap of what happened..enjoy..Rockstar out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuhTSZvIlE
Nice! :)

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Congrats to the NAF committee on running an awesome weekend.
Thanks to all my opponents, who were wonderful people - Dave Hamlin, DaPiranha, ManticoreRich, Shaniepoo, Fenix and Rez Azarpour.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

SO gutted I missed this...

particularly as our lutece cup team is now down 2 members, so unless we can find 2 guys willing to go to Tours France mid June for camping team bloodbowl madness, I will not do a major this year...

unless you count Thrudball, which I don't anyway, and besides I'm too busy reffing, running the auction, charity zorbing and other mad entertainment to play...

sorry I didn't get to catch up with all my many bloodbowl mates, loves ya all, see you at thrud, or next year, sniff :(

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

A great weekend. Organisation was good (as a TO of much smaller tournaments I have no idea how you get it all sorted) and I had 5/5 good games over the weekend too (gutted - pretty much literally, not to make Round 4 - Sorry Tripleskulls!)

Obviously the highlight was seeing the narcoleptic entertainment package that is The Sizzler walk away with the main prize :) Nice work Sizzle!

I'm currently working on a plan to put him out to stud. Anyone want to buy shares in the business...?

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member