Kickstarter: Stitchpunk Fantasy Football Team

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

RE: Kickstarter: Stitchpunk Fantasy Football Team

Post by Tor Gaming »

Here's pics of the greens:

First the team as a hole

Then the Linemen

The Guards

The Scoopers

I have updated the main page on the project.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Kickstarter: Stitchpunk Fantasy Football Team

Post by inkpwn »

Any chance of a hulking construct and stitch punk chuckers as stretch goals?

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

We have this guy coming - well both of them actually.

The guy on the left is a Brute (and should have a club in his hand). They will be one of the two first stretch goals and come in a pack of two - if you pick a reward with a team in you will get a pack added to your stuff for free.

The guy on the right is a Stitch-Golem and you can see the size difference. he will be ~38-40mm tall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

not sure what you mean as 'chuckers'? If you mean throwers, then the Scoopers can be used for throwers. Catchers can be either scoopers or the runners which will be one of the first two stretch goals.

I've attached the sketch for the runner. These haven't been sculpted yet but will be if we hit the target.

Note: he has the wrong shaped ball in the pic though, it should be round with spikes....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

That's exactly how I'd do it, scoopers to scoop the ball up and throw it, and runners out front as fast moving catchers.

Looking better and better.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

While I love these guys and I certainly understand your point but when using models for Blood Bowl, which is what I would be using these for, I prefer very distinct positionals. So if I was to use these guys as a traditional Human, Norse of Amazon team I would use the aggressive guardsman as blitzers, scoopers as runners and I would like a more traditional thrower to offset the scoopers which I also imagine using their scoop like a catchers mitt.
Here are a couple of the ideas I had, a traditional stance (insert bog standard pointing mini here), a popgun arm and a bulky throwing arm. I have no problem with your sketches and ideas as is but I would love to see something like this, heck think of them 'leaders' or something. I understand this may not fit in with your game but it would add a lot more variety to what the Blood Bowl crowd could do with these guys.
Forgive my terrible sketches, I'm certainly not an artist they are just to illustrate my wacky ideas.

After seeing the runners I am very tempted to use these guys as Chaos Dwarfs of some sort, or maybe Skaven.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I think Chaos Dwarves would be cool using these guys.

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey inkpwn

I can see where you are going with your ideas but we have a rather strong image of the Relics world and things need to be kept within that. I know that may damage usability for other games but if we dilute it then we may as well not spend time and effort creating a world like Relics.

The scoop on their arms is actually based on the Xistera (Chistéra in French, don't think they have an English name) from the sport Jai Alai.

It looks like this:

And it's used for both throwing and catching. I think Jai Alai is the fastest ball sport..... The second half of this video shows the sport in action (incase you are interested) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo4L83VQjPM

So, we are using that as an idea for the scoopers. They use the Xistera to catch and throw the ball. They have a longer throw range than anyone without one and a better ball control so are better at throwing and catching.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Tor Gaming wrote: I think Jai Alai is the fastest ball sport..... .
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jai_alai) that is not correct:
"The Basque Government promotes jai alai as "the fastest sport in the world because of the balls" and once held the world record for ball speed with a 125g–140g ball covered with goatskin that traveled at 302 km/h (188 mph), performed by José Ramón Areitio at the Newport Jai Alai, Rhode Island, until it was broken by Canadian long drive champion Jason Zuback on an episode of Sport Science in July 2009 with a golf ball speed of 328 km/h (204 mph). The record for a badminton shuttle during gameplay was set by Fu Haifeng with a recorded smash of 332 km/h (206 mph).

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Gotcha and I understand completely, but don't think that's going to stop me modding a pop gun onto at least one of these guys once I get my hands on them. ;) :)

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

MattDakka wrote:
Tor Gaming wrote: I think Jai Alai is the fastest ball sport..... .
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jai_alai) that is not correct
I'm not surprised - Although I wouldn't say badmington is a ball sport and I personally wouldn't consider Golf in the same category of 'ball sport' but I get the point. In my defence, I did say 'I think' which, if you know me, doesn't mean a thing! ;-)

I'm also weary of taking wikipedia at solid proof of evidence! :o
inkpwn wrote:Gotcha and I understand completely, but don't think that's going to stop me modding a pop gun onto at least one of these guys once I get my hands on them.  
I look forward to seeing pics!!

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Gav, edit the link in the first post; it's showing code rather than a hotlink to the kickstarter. Got an = instead of a ]

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

JT-Y wrote:Gav, edit the link in the first post; it's showing code rather than a hotlink to the kickstarter. Got an = instead of a ]
Hurh, I'd used a img tag instead of a url tag.... I blame the pre-Christmas drink.....

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Definitely interested, but is going to have to wait until after the Xmas/New Year hit to see if I have the funds.
Also has now made me interested in the Relic game as a whole. *shakes fist :evil: :wink: :lol: *

Any chance of a comparative shot next to a figure from "someone else", just so I can see the size (sorry if anyone has already asked for this, or if it's been posted somewhere - if so, I've missed it).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

I can't do a comparative shot of the R:AL models as they are with a courier on their way to me from the sculptor.

But here is a comparison shot one of the Relics CSM with a model you should recognize!

Don't forget, the R:AL models don't have the Trooper hat on, but they will be to the same scale as the sculptor is spot on with that!