NAF 2012 Winner's prize

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: NAF 2012 Winner's prize

Post by axiom »

PeteW wrote:Makes me want to play Khemri!
You know what, after drawing Khemri in our online BB LE league, I was less than impressed, but they are currently unbeaten (albeit with a few draws) and interesting to play. Worth a look ;)

Reason: ''
http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

These look great, Ive been inspired to build my own Khemri team (Lets be honest, the closest Ill get to these is walking past the prize cabinet on the Sunday!!) but they're no-where near as good!

However ends up with them should be really happy!!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well the paint is flowing nicely now and I'm making some real progress, though the looming deadline may have something to do with that too.

I will hopefully finish building the 4 Tomb Guardians tomorrow so I can start painting them. I also have the bits I need to do a display base and have enough bits for 4 re-roll counters, though am still unsure on what to make for the turn and score markers. Ramtut still needs some work so I need to decide which is most important, I am thinking the display base, then him and then the re-roll/turn/score markers. My plans for Setekh have not progressed quite as I liked so he may not make the cut sadly.

Here is what I have completed since my last post.

3 more skeletons to take them up to 8. The angle of the camera was a little low so the guy on the left looks more like he is about to sneeze rather than setting himself on the LOS to be hit. This photo shows the colour scheme best of those that I have taken. It is hard to get the dark red shiny armour to look right in pics and I was a little worried it may have been a mistake. But it looks better over a whole team than it does on just 1 model.

Both Blitz-ras are done as well, these were the 1st players I built and I am still the most pleased with the position of the guy on the right. The more dynamic pose, headdress and different shoulder pads should make them stand out from the normal skeletons.

The Thro-ras are done as well. I've always seen these guys as the brains of the team since they are the Quarterback equivalents. So I thought it appropriate they be made from liche priest models. I had bought them to be assistant coaches but they work much better as throwers.

On the headgear for both the blitz and thro-ras I have painted them red and black alternate stripes/triangles as an homage to the NAF logo.

So 12 models done, at least 4 to go and hopefully a bit more on top of that. I still need to do the bases and numbers on the players as well as give them a light coat of varnish. Plastic models do hold paint better so I can give them just a light coat as that will show off the paint job better.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Can't wait to see the finished tomb guardians. The blitzras are particularly awesome, I like the poses on both.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I'm in awe!

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Very quick update, the Tomb Guardians are finished now but no pics yet I'm afraid and Ramtut is half done and I should finish him in the next couple of days.

For the display base I am using a similar technique for a previous team based on an thread Nazgob posted here a while back. I buy a photo frame and then swap the glass for foamboard and cut holes in that for the bases. I want to have the NAF logo on the pitch and the bases so got a grass vinyl sheet and have painted it to look like a desert.

Here is a pic of the base before I start chopping it up.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

And the team is done, just in time as well.

Sadly due to work commitments I had to pull out of attending this year, but I have posted the team to PeteW.

I sculpted boney knees onto the guardians to cover up the more mechanical ones the Necron legs had. But painted the bones on the feet as well as the tops of the hands.

I did end up removing Ramtut's arms are swapping them with the same type as those of the other guardians. I kept his hands and knee pads as I like those bits and he needed it to stand out being shorter than the Guardians.

Here is a pic of the full team complete with the display base. The positionals are all kept in the centre, but I put the guardians on the back row as they are by far the tallest.
Being a star and poser of course Ramtut has to go centre stage.

These pics were all taken before varnishing. Sadly they went a bit pale after the varnish was applied and I didn't have time to re-do the lovely glossy red which is a bit of a shame. But they will be a lot more likely to survive the rigours of in game use so I suppose looking better long term is a fair trade off for not looking quite as nice when brand new.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, hope you all have a great time and the winner enjoys the team.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

They look awesome, spub. Great job!

They may well "go missing" over the weekend and thena ccidentally turn up in my house in a few months time.... lol.

Shame you can't make it. :( Thanks for painting them!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Great looking team for sure! Good job!

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

Wonder what the Wooden Spoon looks like this year.... :roll: :roll:

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Amazing end result, well done sir!

That's huge
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Buggrit wrote:Wonder what the Wooden Spoon looks like this year.... :roll: :roll:
i'll show you on the way home.....It will be in dave's bag!! :D

Awesome team that, did you say it was the stunty prize?? :wink:

Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

They look fantastic...

And the spoon has Hawk writen all over it! lol :cry:

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

And they do look even better out in the real world than on photos! :D