The big fat THANK YOU thread

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: The big fat THANK YOU thread

Post by Deathwing »

Was a particularly good one, had a real blast. Special mentions from me:
Thads for his patience and humour on Sunday morning after my late show. I can remember no details of the actual game whatsoever but I had a lot of fun. :)
Pippy for going above and beyond by interrupting my drunken slumber and making it possible to play the aforementioned game. :oops:

And just a general one to everybody else, old faces I caught up with, new faces I met, all my opponents..etc etc.

Great time.

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Big Thanks to all organizers and opponents for that great weekend. This is one of the best Blood Bowl ahmm NAF Championship I took part. Really liked it and I'll try to be there next year. :)

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

Already been said but well worth saying again.

Great organisation, great value (coin was a nice treat and the free drink a touch of very muchly appreciated class), 6 very enjoyable games.

Thanks to all for a great weekend and many congrats to all the winners. Top marks all round.

DT

Any improvements on air con would be the icing on the cake.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

DeeTee wrote:Already been said but well worth saying again.

Great organisation, great value (coin was a nice treat and the free drink a touch of very muchly appreciated class), 6 very enjoyable games.

Thanks to all for a great weekend and many congrats to all the winners. Top marks all round.

DT

Any improvements on air con would be the icing on the cake.
Great stuff all round.

Particular thanks to ALL competitors who seemd to know the rules to the extent that as a player ref, I was only asked ONE rules query all weekend!! Easy job.

Thanks to my 6 opponents, especially to Purplegoo who left his orcs' armour at home, to joemanji who enjoyed my poor play with only the faintest of smirks and to piggy for an amusing last game of abject thorpery.

Bring on next year! What further wonders and challenges await to lift us yet higher from the depths of expensive despair that GW had previously lashished upon us? Wait and see!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
gamesvaultsteve
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gamesvaultsteve »

Many thanks to all who were involved in putting this together.

It was a great weekend and very well organised.

Thanks to all my opponents for bearing with me as I was a bit slow at times.

gamesvaultsteve
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Thanks to all my opponents, had 6 great games and managed to avoid playing PUG yet again.... :wink:

Massive thanks to all the organisers and staff.

Sorry for the confusion (as always) I will get the rules right one day 8)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Deathwing wrote:I can remember no details of the actual game whatsoever
First half looked like I was going to dice rape you again, second half karma came back and bit me on the arse. You nearly won but couldn't get the dice at the end, trying to work through my horde of snotlings. Your troll failed about half his assisted stupidity rolls.

Think that about covers it.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Well done to everyone who organised the tournament, it ran much more smoothly than the previous 3 years I’d attended and I felt we got far more value for our money with the coins, free drink and prizes.

I just wish the air con had worked, the 2nd and 3rd games on the Saturday were a real struggle.

Highlights were lemf winning most Thrud like, though laughing at Thorpe’s haircut on the Saturday morning was a close second and low point was being woken at 5am by a purple gooey monster on Sunday morning.

Let’s hope GW make their 2nd correct decision regarding BB (the 1st being letting NAF run it this year) and leave it in their capable hands for future events.

A special personal thank you to PeteW for once again putting me and the other members of the WIL mafia up for the weekend.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Superb weekend. Best yet :)
Pippy wrote:Next year will be better
That will something to see... Can it get better?

Thanks to all those involved.
Thanks to all my opponents. Especially my game 1, I forget your name, but I must say thanks for putting up with me, I was still a little drunk :), but hey you won ;)

Thanks for the support in game 4, from my opponent, who was routing for my snots and ogres to succeed in the TD attempt to draw the match. But the rain caused the halnd off to fail.... ;( This was after clearing his team from the pitch twice in the second half. 10 CAS from a 12 man Elf team, the other 2 in the KO box :)

Great to see everyone I knew, great to meet new people.

Top end result from my Exiles players. 1st, 3rd, and 4th in the most CAS awards. Just think what our league is like :)

See you all soon.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

ShriekBob wrote:ArmyDave and Lunchmoney for getting me wrecked on Friday and being all round good chaps - see you at Exiles.
Frank....cos liers dice had me drunkenly shouting profitterolls and I'm still not sure why.
We got wrecked as we were playing Liar Dice/Purodo for drinks. Including having a drink each time you look at your dice.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
ShriekBob
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ShriekBob »

Oh yes!

That was fun :D

It must be done again :D

kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

Thanks to all the organizers. That week-end was awesome ! :D
My friends and I apologize for having left before the awards ceremony to catch the Shuttle, next year we'll probably stay also on Sunday night.

BTW you can download my pics here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5UEUVLW
(wait few seconds and click on "Skip Ad" in the top right corner)

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Be4ch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Be4ch »

Just to echo everyone else's comments - It was a superb event, well run and a lot of fun. It was my first ever tournament and my first TT game in over 20 years. Thanks to all my opponents who helped me muddle through the rules and for being so friendly. Every game, even the ones I lost, was a real pleasure with my best performance of the weekend seeing me lose 2-1 in T16 after desperately trying to force a draw with only 6 healthy Orcs left on the table. I'll be back next year.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Thanks to everyone for organising this, especially Brendan, and to Simon and Frank for reffing on the day. Also to Tom Browne for designing the coin.

I thought this was a great event, and I'd like to throw out an extra thanks to everyone who travelled from outside the UK to attend. It means a lot to us here that people would make the effort to come over, and it makes the event all that more special. Hopefully you'll all come back next year! Having a clash of 'big names' in the final with Beppe vs Lycos was amazing, I would have loved to spectate.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
richy376
Rookie
Rookie

Post by richy376 »

Nothing original to add to this, but: massive thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort in to put on such a good weekend, I had a brilliant time. As well as the organisation being really smooth, I thought that from the start there was a really friendly relaxed atmosphere, so great stuff all round. Looking forward to next year already!