WC II, Amsterdam

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: WC II, Amsterdam

Post by Lycos »

Go to the Tournaments section and it has it's own thread. I see Dave made an update yesterday.

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

Oh dear! How blind am I?

Thanks muchly! :oops:

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

it's got a very own sub-forum of its own

http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PN ... pic&t=4996

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Hello again,

Where we can make the team pre-registration this saturday?

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

NAF site

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

only 7 team slots for France when 18 teams were ready to go.
such a disappointment...
maybe a side event would be a good idea ?

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

you really don't wanna know how much time we're spending at getting more people in ...
spain, italy and the UK have the same problem

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

wasnt meant to be a complaint rather an expression of frustration :oops:
Im sure you're doin' your best.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

ok, no offence taken :D

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

yeah, your central european location would even have austria find enough people for 2 teams and we are only allowed 1.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I think, sadly, it is clear that there are going to be some people dissappointed when the spots run out.
The fact that the french alone have over 100 potential attendees speaks volumes. I would expect as many British and spaniards, and probably a good number of Italians...that's just the four largest BB nations in Europe...and the Germans may also be of that number...which would be more than sold out before the little guys and non-europeans got a chance.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

One nearby nation having lots of interested coaches shouldn't necessarily entail them getting more places than another. It wouldn't be fair for France to register 15+ teams at the outset if it meant taking places away from other nations.

It's clearly a tough job to divide places evenly and fairly based on the relevant factors e.g. previous participation / size of community. But I think Dave and co have done a good job with this.

As I understand it, if the allocation is not filled for each nation then further places may be available beyond the set limits. So if, for example, the UK doesn't use all of its 7 slots then perhaps the French may be able to include a 9th team etc.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Due to evident lack of slots for nations like Spain, France or UK I'm also very disappointed to see that coaches that firstly come to NAF WC in Nottingham have no chances to get place than other people.

That means that people that support NAF WC on the first time, for me the most difficult moment, in which players had not any previous reference, just trust in NAF and pay our venue half a year before. Maybe are out of the tourney. We bet on you first time.

So, thank you NAF for your feedback.

Specially when you support closed tourneys like Eurobowl. Don't you really want to support people that enjoy Bloodbowl and travel to play? I was playing in Vienna, Modena, Toulousse and Nottingham. I will never play in Spanish Team Eurobowl and I'm fine with. I understand the rules and agree. But now you change your mind in NAF WC? Ok, it's other organization, other tourney... But you don't really want to get the coaches that were first time?

Next 22th I will be there at 14h ready to type it. What a mess it will be I guess. I want to enjoy NAF WC II as same the first. But this is the frist moment in which is not already the same.

Sorry if it sounds too hard. I'm just typing my personal thoughts about it.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Fair points Bren...but not likely.

The problem Dave and co have - and I certainly don't envy them this problem - is that in all liklihood there will be more people wanting to come than there are spaces. I can't imagine that there won't be a full compliment of teams from the UK.

A system could be decided on to give priority to players who have attended tournies in the past...but making such a system fair would be practically impossible (example: Player A goes to lots of tournaments, but never more than a couple of hours away from his home. Player B goes to fewer tourneys, but the tourneys attended are larger events involving more - probably at times international - travel. Player C doesn't go to many tournaments because, for whatever reason, each tourney he goes to is very expensive and he simply can't afford to go to more. Each trip for C requires time off work and international travel. Who is more deserving of a place at the WC? and that's just ONE factor that could be taken into account!)

In short: someone is inevitably going to be unhappy when this is all sorted out, and it will be no-one's fault.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

In short: someone is inevitably going to be unhappy when this is all sorted out, and it will be no-one's fault.
I Agree. But there was one point in which NAF WC talked about pre-registration for teams that come to NAF WC I that maintain at least 5 original members.

It was fair, even for the newbies, and it was from tournament organization.

Right now, we have: MadMax IV "Go for it!" next wednesday...

That was giving something for people that demonstrate to support NAF the very first time. Which I think it was not so easy for us (New tourney, new format, no way to know how it will work, very very early pre-register...).

I paid first NAF WC I even with all of this arround, moreover, whithout be sure to can come, but we wanted to, and we went. Other people just wait to see how it went (it's fair, have no problem with that) and when it works, now is plenty of people. I don't want anybody out of the tourney. But I think that taking into account risky of NAF WC I, we deserve a place. That's it.

Anycase, I will do my best to get a place. And I will thank you all the efforts to get the NAF WC II. I'm just pointing out a comment to improve it. Maybe next time... :|

GREEN DOG FIGURINES