Gaspez web post on US company

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Gaspez web post on US company

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Several of our customers saw this on the Gaspez site and have emailed us asking what was up as we are the only US distributor of Gaspez so unless there is someone else (and we really hope there is) ... it seems aimed at Impact!

Here was the notice posted on the Gaspez main website:
Hi everybody! I am Fabio Gasparini from Gaspez-Arts. Unfortunately with great regret I discovered that an American firm with whom I collaborated and with whom I have no more business relations from July 2010 still sells on its site my products but not original, copied and of scarce quality, with damage of affectionate customers of my miniatures, who receive a product really much more inferior respect to the Gaspez-arts standards. If someone has the suspect to have bought a clonated miniature can send it with a copy of the invoice or of the purchase receipt to Gaspez-arts, who will free substitute what purchased and will add two single miniatures (limited edition excluded) FREE choiced by the customer.
I've had several emails asking what was up because this is a very serious accusation of a criminal nature in the miniatures business. If it is not referring to Impact! ... I want to know who it is because Impact! does not do business with recasters. It is the worst accusation you can make in this business and not one that should be done without really good evidence especially if you are going to send the accusation out to a large email list.

Okay the details:

First ... Impact! has never cast any miniatures in our store that did not have the approval of the sculptor nor will we ever do this.

Second ... we never received an email from Gaspez Arts asking if this was true or actually any type of information on the matter. We found out when our customers forwarded us the web post on Gaspez's site.

Third ... we purchases a lot of figures from Gaspez over the spring and early summer of this year. They drastically changed their vendor terms and we had issues trying to decide how to continue to carry their range at the new discount level and minimum order size that was required. So we had a lot of Gaspez stock on hand of just two of their teams and no good plan on how to finance getting more.

So Impact! could not afford to stock Gaspez anymore at that time because the profit margin on their items was not high enough compared to other projects that we could invest the money as we too often were getting stuck with single figures that just sit on the shelf (like the Goblins for their Chaos Dwarf team).

The "Eureka" moment came in October when we thought if we only stocked full teams from Gaspez than we could carry their products in our store again and the margin they were offering would not be that bad as it would be on a more expensive item.

However ... small issue ... we needed capital to make that minimum order size. So we looked at the Gaspez stuff we were still sitting on in inventory after a few months and said if we could just sell all this stuff off ... we'd have enough capital to restock Gaspez again in just team sets. So we put the remaining stock on discount to clear it out and make room for a conversion in the future on carrying just Gaspez teams in the store.

Now somewhere along the way ... and since I never heard from them ... I don't know how ... Gaspez decided we were recasting their figures since they were still in the store. Again ... recasting is in my opinion the most serious accusation you can make of another miniatures company especially if you go to extra effort to email everyone with the accusation.

Being perfectly honest if we was going to run Impact! with illegal and reprehensible actions ... we'd recast Gaspez's incredible Bull Centaurs. Those figures are great and always sold very well for us. But if you check the store ... you'll see they are not there and team deal that had both bull centaurs is no longer there. Why? ... because we sold out of the Bull Centaurs as 2 packs and individually sold all the Bull Centaur #2 that allowed me to make the special team pack with both centaurs. In fact, I didn't get to remove the Bull Centaurs from the store fast enough and a customer from Spain bought a 2 pack of them and I paid Alex at Comixininos to ship them to him in order to make sure that that order was properly filled. Why did I not ask Gaspez to ship the order? Because we asked Gaspez if they would drop ship orders for us in situations like this and they told us that due to Italian tax laws they could not drop ship if we had issues with out of stock items. If you look on our forums you'll see that last week there was an inquiry about the Gaspez Bull Centaurs during our holiday sale and I explained that we had sold out. Like I said ... if we were recasting ... those would be the first figures I would have done. Recasting is evil and not something Impact! participates in.

I have immediately sent an email to Fabio at Gaspez to find out why he posted this to his site. I wish he would have just asked what the nature of the figures of his we were still selling was and we would have explained. If he had issue with me selling them at a discount to try and gather up funds to restock his merchandise I would have gladly removed the discount and just let them sell off more slowly (which would also delay us making the restocking ordering from him even more ... but that would have been fine by me if this really bothered him.)

Accusations of recasting are really slanderous in this business. I talked on the phone with one of the miniatures news services tonight and he said he's never see an accusation of recasting like this made without photo evidence and normally at least one email to the company to ask them what the nature of the miniatures was first. We would not send out a broadcast email accussing someone of it unless we had a lot of proof that we could post. I'm not sure why Gaspez did what they did today ... but I've sent off what I hope was a very friendly email to Gaspez to try and figure it all out and get it resolved.

Anyway ... I post this response to answer the emails I'm getting that asked "Did you really do this?" The answer is "no" ... and more importantly for me "not ever".

By the way ... if there really is a company not Impact! that they are talking about ... I'll immediately delete this and issue an apology in this spot. I talked to several professionals in the miniatures business tonight and they all advised us to post this notice everywhere we could since the company is unnamed and so many people are emailing us to ask if it is Impact! they are talking about. I hope it is not ... but if it is ... we were strongly advised to make sure to put out the information on the nature of the figures in our store immediately.

Tom Anders
President - Impact! Miniatures

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Rolljordan mass email and Gaspez web post on US company

Post by Blammaham »

Long ago (2 years) I decided I would never do business with Roll Jordan and most of the coaches in the large league I belong to feel the same way, sadly, this precludes me from supporting some of the better mini being produced by an independent company. :( S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
rolljordan

Post by rolljordan »

edit

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

this is turning into a farce.

rolljordan

Post by rolljordan »

edit

Arcano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arcano »

I would like to know why all time Rolljordan's name flip out.
No problem, again.

We never sen out any e-mail about this, we dont care and a mail in this whay have no sense.
I hope everyone will realize on their own.

I would like to write more and more, but have no sense. It's really a farce.

Lorenzo "Arcano" Giusti
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Guys, can i ask for calm. Maybe Gaspez can respond and explain themselves. I would suggest taking this off-site and dealing with it properly

it seems to easy to mix this, a fan site, in with your business exploits.

Whilst we have great respect for all you do (all of you) it doesn't behoove confidence in the way business takes place.

I am fairly neutral in this as I have yet to have enough income spare to purchase miniatures from any party involved. I do have 2 impact minatures (Snow troll and Dark Elf Runner) but I bought them from tritex.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

well, I am not a subscriber of the newsletter, but If i (accidently or not) mass end such a thing and this happended by hack or whatelse. I would asap send out another mass -email explaining it and not just explain it here on TFF. I am pretty sure not all of your newsletter subscribers will read TFF.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

that seems fair. very little work for RJ/Arcano and it immediately redresses the damage to Impact.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Gaspez web post on US company

I've edit the post as promised. This email just went out from RJ. Thank you Chris and Lorenzo ... I really appreciate this.
I need to apologize with every who got an email from us concerning the
Gaspez post. We are still investigating how this happen, this is the
last mass email we will send out until we can verify if we got hacked or
not. Up to date we only know that the email says it was sent from my
email, but not everyone in our list received it, making us believe they
targeted only a fraction of our subscribers/customers using a self
generated list of emails of possible targets. This is why I am shutting
down our email capability on our site until we can be sure everything is
ok from our end. As for the Gaspez comment this is on Gaspez main page,
visible and available to anyone, the notice was not generated by
Rolljordan and nor Rolljordan is involved in such statement. Also no
where is stated that such company is Impact nor I ever said that it is
Impact. This assumption was made by other people after reading the email
or Gaspez post. Any questions in this matter should be sent to Gaspez
not us. As said for the last time, what was sent out is a public post
made from Gaspez on his site, not hidden and fully available to the
general public. This said for updates visit our site on a regular base
since we do not know when the mailing list will be made available again.
For any questions or comments in this matter I am here to reply
personally.

Chris

Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

I need to apologize with every who got an email from us concerning the
Gaspez post. We are still investigating how this happen, this is the
last mass email we will send out until we can verify if we got hacked or
not. Up to date we only know that the email says it was sent from my
email, but not everyone in our list received it, making us believe they
targeted only a fraction of our subscribers/customers using a self
generated list of emails of possible targets. This is why I am shutting
down our email capability on our site until we can be sure everything is
ok from our end. As for the Gaspez comment this is on Gaspez main page,
visible and available to anyone, the notice was not generated by
Rolljordan and nor Rolljordan is involved in such statement. Also no
where is stated that such company is Impact nor I ever said that it is
Impact. This assumption was made by other people after reading the email
or Gaspez post. Any questions in this matter should be sent to Gaspez
not us. As said for the last time, what was sent out is a public post
made from Gaspez on his site, not hidden and fully available to the
general public. This said for updates visit our site on a regular base
since we do not know when the mailing list will be made available again.
For any questions or comments in this matter I am here to reply
personally.

Chris
Just posting about the part I highlighted to confirm I didn't get the orginal 'Gaspez' email but did just get this one.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

Me two. The first note I had about the farce was the second email.

It makes me sad to see that someone has so much random hate in them as to try to implicate RJ in this, as well as point the finger at Impact!

- Piousman

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Now if I can just get Fabio to take the notice off his site ... I'm happy to have have the whole thread locked.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
scott summers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by scott summers »

I can't believe it !
I received the fake e-mail because I'm in the mailing list of RJ.
By the fact he's a close friend of mine I asked him directly and he confirmed immediatly that was a false e-mail.
I know RJ himself and he was difficult to me to accept this email coming from him that's why I asked him by phone.
I can't understand how it's possible that envy can hold a person in that way to create a scandal like this......go to work !!! :pissed:
All of my trust and my encouragement to involved people of RJ, Gaspez and Impact : please forget quickly this accident and continue into give us the chance to get some amazing FF miniatures.
Thanks
SS

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

I've got two questions: But what the fake email said??

Who could be the original writer? Gazperz?

If such is the case please tell us to know where not to buy more minis from...