The NAF and "special privileges"

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Longshot: Er..what problems registering? We haven't even launched yet!

How about discounted tournament entry fees for NAF members? Those that can compete in tournies should be able to make their membership fee back.
Example: The saving you make at the Dutch Open alone (10 Euro for members as opposed to 15) equates to about half your NAF membership fee, which means you're paying around 5 dollars US/ 5 euro/ £3.50 ish for 3 black block dice, a snazzy membership card, and the P&P to get it to you. That is the price of one White Dwarf. Hell, when GW sold individual block dice, it'd cost you more than that for 3 normal block dice!
On top of that there's the 'special privileges' at the BB (no further info, so don't ask! :wink: ) and the 'members only' sections of the website.
Whadd'ya want? Discounted entry to tournaments for life when you can make the fee back in a coupla tournies?
I'm confident that coaches who sign up will recieve more than their money's worth and be happy to renew membership. This is going to be huge.

Firebreather: Memberships will start when your accounts are activated and we go 'live'. You just got to have your dice and some results entered a little early is all.

Remember that the NAF is a coaches society run by coaches for coaches. There's a small (unpaid) body of dedicated coaches working very hard for the good of the BB community in general, offering something extra and hitherto unavailable to coaches worldwide.

Didn't mean to sermonise, just answer a query or two.

Standard NAF statement: Be patient, not long now! :wink:

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

No problems for me DW,
This is the kind of question will ask to you...
As i travel a lot, i dont really care about the low price.
As long as i have fun with you and all the Tbbers that i know and the others ones that i will know someday :oops:

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I personally aint going to get to take part in alot of the big tournaments and so will claim my place at the bottom of the NAF ranks.
I dont mind the £7 per year fee, I mean its only about 1 1/2 hrs work (and i dont do much when im working) so its fine by me.
What i am interseted in is the NAF privileges :D
The discount is also a good idea, Ive got to talk to Tony but im going to try and twist his arm so that the Bearded'Snot in May will have a discount for NAF members.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

A discount on UK NAF tournaments would be a good incentive for me to join - I fully intend to play as much BB as possible and top those rankings!

I think the more people that join, and the longer they do, the more chance the NAF will have to do special things, like block dice, and eventually maybe even minis commissioned specially - bear in mind I can't back this up, but it seems logical that the more money the NAF has, the more it can offer.

Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

Yeah ..... the naf shoul pay me too some minis :lol:

Mainstreaming is a illness.
alligators.eu to buy some of my minis !
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

shaniepoo wrote:I personally aint going to get to take part in alot of the big tournaments and so will claim my place at the bottom of the NAF ranks.
Well, the way I understand it, if you don't play, then your rating can't drop, so you won't be bottom. That's why I've retired as an undead coach after 1 game, 1 draw, so I'll be middle of the rankings :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

U should have won one game and then retire Darkson, it would have been better :lol:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You offering to drop a game for me :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

no way, not me