BB Tournament, just 40 days to go...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

BB Tournament, just 40 days to go...

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Well, I try to find a better tittle than this one, but obviously I didn't succed in :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Darkson made a new thread in order to talk about those ones who will be there, here's a new thread about the choice of the roster.

I will be ther with 2 options... 1/ Lizardmen, 2/ Skavens... The option 1/ isn't really sure (to be frank, depends on apinting ;))...

What about you?

IMPORTANT: don't forget you have to send back a card to GW before the 14th, february !!!

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gonna be Skaven, but I don't know which roster yet. 1 with Hakflem, the other without.
Might just print them both out and decide Sat morning at check-in :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I'll get Dwarves, although I lost all 4 matches we did on saturday's playtesting... :cry: :cry:
:pissed: :pissed: But I'll succeed at Blood bowl :pissed: :pissed: and will be unsportman winning deathwings undeads and running around him shouting "I have beaten you, I have beaten you!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

You need to declare your team on the card which as rightly pointed out needs to be returned by Feb 14th, so I don't think you can procrastinate until the morning itself. Saddly I had to send my card at the beginning of january, so my fate is sealed with orcs as they're the only team I'll have painted by then. Working on 3-4 rosters which I might use, but there's only so much choice in a starting Orc roster. Need to keep the practice PBEMs going to test them all.

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

well i've got a choice of either human (with or without griff) or a halfling team which i'm really tempted with.

i'll decide nearer the time i think but more than likely it will be halflings.

:D

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Im taking Norse but im still not sure on what to have in my team :-?
I want to take my minotaur but it will leave me with only 2 re-roles and a FF of only 1. If i dont take the minotaur I can upgrade a lineman to a blitzer and gaina re-role and some FF, but this would mean having to make a new player and paint it up.
Then again i could always take a risk and go with no thrower or catcher?

Evil git, take the small guys :D Ive never played them and can play you when we get there.....losser buys the drinks all night :D

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

ok, i'll take the little ones :P who knows what may happen with them...

as for the drinks all night, i'd feel awkward about you paying for me all the way, let me at least get the first ones in :roll:

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

shaniepoo wrote:Im taking Norse but im still not sure on what to have in my team :-?
I want to take my minotaur but it will leave me with only 2 re-roles and a FF of only 1. If i dont take the minotaur I can upgrade a lineman to a blitzer and gaina re-role and some FF, but this would mean having to make a new player and paint it up.
Then again i could always take a risk and go with no thrower or catcher?

Evil git, take the small guys :D Ive never played them and can play you when we get there.....losser buys the drinks all night :D
Shanie mate, you need to think long and hard about pitching a WA into a tourney with SP big Guys, not to mention Zugs, Vamps and Boraks. :o

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

DW's right. If you take a rookie mino, you will be completely incapable of winning this tournament. I'll tell you that right now.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Probably better off with a rookie Ogre - but if you do take the Mino ensure that your 1st skill is block for him (same goes for the Ogre).

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Marcus wrote:DW's right. If you take a rookie mino, you will be completely incapable of winning this tournament. I'll tell you that right now.
To be honest, I think not everybody comes to win... imagine how boring could be a champ full of human teams with minimum 3 stars, pile on undeads with luthor, etc.
Let's face it any player who has played minimum 2 years knows perfect how to make a "winning" team, I prefer enjoying my time better than stress of having to win...
Don't know if I said what I meant...

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I sure wish I could be there. :cry: Maybe next year I could go across the pond and have a few pints and games and actually get to meet some of you all in person. Good luck to all the combatants, I know I will anxiously await game reports and pub reports! :smoking:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

appearantly, you are the only one on TBB who dont come.
You will have the board for yourself during this WE 8)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I know longshot, that's why I'm bummed out. :smoking:

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Piepgrass »

I am not comming either :(
Seems like there will be 2 of here on the TBB that weekend.

Poul

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.