SO is anyone going to post the results?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: SO is anyone going to post the results?

Post by lunchmoney »

antipixi wrote:You missed mine: FruGAL AKtionists. ;)
added

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Totally made up to win the GT. Thanks for all the comments.

I know it's a cliche, but I really had six terrific opponents - well five, I played Seb (Quermitt) in Round 5 and again in Round 6. Genuinely nice guys, one and all.

My Woodies were 2 Wardancers, 3 Catchers, Thrower, 5 Linos, one reroll. Skills were leader (T), stripball (WD), tackle (WD), surehands (C) and block (C).

Played Elves (3-0), Necros from Sweden (2-1), Humans (4-1), Joemanji's Undead (2-1 after a brain-freeze that could and perhaps should have cost me that one), Seb's Lizzies (2-2 in crazy game) then again Seb in the final and won 2-1 - key moment being a second half strip ball that landed on a catcher of mine that made the 5up and headed off with it for 2-0). Dead unlucky on Seb, of course.

Congrats to Geoff for winning the Warhammer Cup and regaining the NAF number one (by a long way!)

Stat fact - in the eight years of the Bloodbowl - there have been eight different races win it!

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Well done Paul.

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Interesting fact about the eight races winning it.

Again well done Paul, and also Geoff, and thanks a bunch to the six people I played. I didn't have one un-fun game: Jim, Ivn, Grant, Jason, Richard and James.

It was a great weekend and roll on next year.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Heading off the inevitable...

No, the NAF results won't be up tonight, as I'm still waiting for Matt (or Andy) to send me the excel file they used so I can pass it on to Lycos, and neither Matt nor Andy is working today.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

So...next year..

Items to remember;

>> A PC that doesn't crash
>> More than one organiser that has a clue about BB
>> A "Standard" stand-in team(s) for player drop outs
>> Ceremonial hanging of Lawyers
>> STUNTY CUP (Felt sorry for ..I think Jamie?...the organiser who had to say no because," his bosses, boss etc"...switched off at that point :roll: )
>> An announcement system that doesn't sound like St Pancras Station at rush our....Could have sworn at one point they were announcing a departure from platform 5! Shouting seemed to work better!
>> Banning Shaniepoo for being Shaniepoo...goes without saying really!
>> Reminding me not to take Shaniepoo's advice that the "Bugmans" beer was better than the "Dreadnought"....Damn that man and his one taste bud!
>> Enforcing dice cups...I didn't play but saw lots of dice sliding...unintentional....we have enough problems with Nuffle Ithankyouverymuch!
>> A copy of the LRB Crap on hand................ [WINK - WINK - NUDGE - NUDGE]

>> Did I mention hanging the lawyers as a starting ceremony?!!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Well, just just back from my 3 day golf tournament and I am delighted to see Paul win and Geoff get back to #1. And well done to so many others I know well (looking at Joemanji's post).

I am curious, as you can imagine, to get info on how the event went. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort on sorting out issues with legal lately and I would love to get some community feedback - please PM, I dont want rants, just please give me some honest opinion that I can use and work with. Many of you know my number, by all means call.

Re results: I am going to speak to Pippy tonight re sign ups/renewals. Tuesday I will speak direct to GW myself and get the spreadsheet so I can work on results. It's always a big job this one but I have deliberately left some evenings free this week for it (Wed/Thur).
Dave

TFF mod team
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Well done to the Golden Egg! And Porritt too, nice one baldy.

Results to be done asap as DD says, it is quite a bit of work so may take a few days.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Well done Geggster on winning the GT and congrats to Podfrey for regaining his World Number 1 position.

@ Sann (see below) :oops: Missed that about sending PMs.

Edited so that the rest of this post deleted and PM sent.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

He said to PM! :wink:

But I agree, and that is almost enough to make me not go next year - it was irritating that EVERY match on my second day was originally against a player I played previously. Will send you a PM Lycos.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

Back on the original topic, can anyone tell me who won most cas and how many they did?

Cheers

Chris

Also, well done Paul! and thanks to the all my opponents. I had 6 fun games and almost enjoyed lossing one of them!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Most cas was Simon Fisher - 27 with Ogres.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Can someone tell me where I placed please? Sadly I had to leave at 6 as I had a train to catch so was only able to stay long enough to collect the best painted nomination certificate.

Name: Ross Leckie
Team: Lizardmen
Team Name: White Isle Fire Lizards.
Result: 4/1/1

Was very chuffed to end up on table 3 for the last game and had I won that I'd have been in the running for The Warhammer World League Cup. Sadly i faced off against Podfrey's Amazons but thanks to a very lucky Saurus dodge, ball scatter, and 5+ pick up TD i was in the game right up to the end.

Was a very fun tournament and the food was much better than the last 2 years, I hope to be able to attend a few more TT tourneys such as the Star Bowl and maybe some of the smaller ones near me.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

You came 10th, Ross.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

For those that haven't already noticed and/or worked it out, a couple of errors on the hard copy results sheet.

1. Anyone with points deductions has the deduction shown, but it's not been taken off their overall score.
2. It's been sorted on the wrong column - the print-out has used Cas then TDs as the tiebreak, not the other way round. Hopefully when (if!) they do post the results online, it will be in the correct order.

So spubbbba, you were 14th.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.