Tourney illegal minis - food for thought

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Tourney illegal minis - food for thought

Post by Thadrin »

Some theoretical questions:
1) I have a model I use as a Deathroller I want to bring. It is a toy Steamroller that I have heavily modified with Green Stuff and a Dwarf fig. Is it legal?
2) I am a freelance miniture designer from florida who has done some recent work for citadel. I want to come to the blood bowl with the rather nice Nipponese figures I have designed, sculpted and had cast up. The rules would be Orcs. Legal?
3) The same, minus the official citadel work, and I'm an australian with a team of Nuns using Amazon rules. Legal?

Just little flies in the "only citadel minis" ointment, especially turning on the idea of conversions and related stuff.

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

My guesses would be;
1)Yes
2)No
3)No

Shadowforge and Phigs don't come under the 'Citadel figures' requirement. The Deathroller (presumably the Dwarf driver is Citadel) would probably be ok as a conversion/scratchbuild. To be on the safe side, bring Santa. In fact the best thing to do with anything which may be 'iffy' is to bring an alternative which you know is legal.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

1) Legal
2) Not Legal
3) Not Legal

My two cents. Didn't have to think about them much either. The 1st counts as a conversion ... the other 2 have no clear official GW product.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Tourney illegal minis - food for thought

Post by phil »

Thadrin wrote: 2) I am a freelance miniture designer from florida who has done some recent work for citadel. I want to come to the blood bowl with the rather nice Nipponese figures I have designed, sculpted and had cast up. The rules would be Orcs. Legal?
you too?

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: Tourney illegal minis - food for thought

Post by Deathwing »

phil wrote:
Thadrin wrote: 2) I am a freelance miniture designer from florida who has done some recent work for citadel. I want to come to the blood bowl with the rather nice Nipponese figures I have designed, sculpted and had cast up. The rules would be Orcs. Legal?
you too?
*chuckle* :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Those were my thoughts too. Maybe if Phil sculpted an entire line up of Greens..."its converted Green Stuff"....

Phil - I wish. (must get round to painting my Nippon team...)

DW - don't worry - I'll be bringing all 50-odd members of my team. I fully intend to attempt to make up for what I lack in quality with quantity when it comes to the "Best team" awards. They've all been reflocked for the occasion. I'm considering adding a few bits and pieces to the bases of a couple of them for flavour...a hnad gripping a ball on my Ogre's base for instance. Have some Orc hands spare somewhere...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.