Reason: ''
Cheers

PhilG
rodders
Legend
Legend

Re: Galak / Cut-throat for BBGT 2010

Post by rodders »

GalakStarscraper wrote:In summary ... I still like the team naming idea ... I think its appropriate for what was done to us (and it was us ... the community designed LRB 6.0) and its peaceful.

Tom/Galak

couldn't agree more

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Grumbledook wrote:as i've said before Tom has a right to be upset everyone else imo is overreacting
I've kept fairly quiet up till now, but that is just wrong, or at least how I'm reading it is wrong. I know Tom and how he was treated, ignoring for now that the entire comunity was treated similarly, made me very angry. I was slowly collecting an Orc army for WFB, but I will be converting or getting rid of said figs. That's a lot of furure sales for GW down the tubes, I had just started so still needed a lot of figs.

All future fig purchases will be non GW when ever possible. If I have to have a GW fig I'll get it from someone who all ready has an extra or from an independent store. I don't expext that to change GW, but voting with my dollar is my ONLY option and I will do it even if it doesn't change a thing. I will bad mouth them as a company for the rest of my life. Even if it doesn't change a thing.

I stopped doing busniess with a gas station 20 years ago because of how I was treated when I bought gas there once, and I have NEVER bought from them since. GW can expect the same treatment.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

What's happened here is the equivalent of Galak & myself having a private chat in the corner, then him coming to the centre of the room and shouting that we've agreed I was wrong.

Sorry, but that's just not true, nor is it a particularly fair approach. I still don't agree.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Indigo wrote:What's happened here is the equivalent of Galak & myself having a private chat in the corner, then him coming to the centre of the room and shouting that we've agreed I was wrong.

Sorry, but that's just not true, nor is it a particularly fair approach. I still don't agree.
:D I never said you agreed you were wrong ... in fact I never got a response to my PM with the facts of the last 6 weeks so how could I know what you think. So if you think I said that ... that is not correct .... what I DID say was:

Your PM contained several incorrect facts that you were using to base your opinions ... that is VERY true ... I can list them publically if you need me to defend this???

When I saw how much you had wrong ... it made me realize that I wanted to make the statement to anyone else that came in here new to thread who wanted to tell us we should "grow up" to please PM first ... I'll lay out the facts to make sure they have them all and THEN ... if after that you still want to tell us to "grow up" ... I'm fine with that.

Clearly now that Indigo has all the facts ... he still thinks we should "grow up" appartently ... my response is ... "acknowledged, thanks for your opinion, please feel free to ignore the rest of this thread"

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Tom - I don’t agree with the sentiments of your last two posts.

Whatever Indi’s privately-discussed beliefs and however ignorant of the facts he may or may not come over on them, I don’t agree he’s been inflammatory publicly on this thread or others (from what I’ve seen but threads pop up everywhere so I could be wrong) so cannot condone his receipt of “derogatory and foul pms”.

I know you don’t condone them either (having been on the receiving end of more than most) but your penultimate post doesn’t decry them either. Even if he was ignorant, we all agree that a public and/or private slapping is not a suitable outcome to a late and contrary view.

Personally, I agree that I don’t think that it comes across well that your name is at the top of this thread, as it certainly looks like a protest that you’ve started (whether it was your idea or not). It could easy be perceived as sour grapes and that’s not on your radar so is misrepresenting you. Course after what has happened, no-one would begrudge you a protest (at the very least), but Indi was opining, perhaps rather bluntly, that it might backfire. That's his prerogative and he shouldn't be subject to abuse.

Furthermore – and not related at all (more of a bugbear from other threads but I'm here now), I wish we could get to a position where we didn’t see swathes of deletions on these recent threads. It appears to give licence for people to be rude and inflammatory, knowing that it can simply be deleted afterwards if anyone complains too much. I’d hope for a more considered forum where you had to accept what you had said (as it had been read by all and sundry) and if a rebuttal or apology was needed, it could be edited in rather than deleted out as if it never happened.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Clearly now that Indigo has all the facts ... he still thinks we should "grow up" appartently ... my response is ... "acknowledged, thanks for your opinion, please feel free to ignore the rest of this thread"

Tom
As someone who also has "some" of the facts... I really can't see how you can still tell Tom to "grow up". However, differences of opinion are what makes the world go 'round. That said, if people want to protest against GW they can, and just as Indigo has a right to his opinion he needs to understand that so do the rest of us. So yeah, this thread just needs to stop being an argument over who is right since it is clearly a difference of opinions.

With that said.

If you agree that Galak was wronged, then by all means name your team as Galak-something. Wear a T-shirt. I would just make it "classy", respectful and peaceful, otherwise you aren't doing Galak a favor.

If you disagree that Galak was wronged, then just continue on with business as usual. Buy GW products, and champion them as a company.

As for me... I'm done buying GW product just like Lycanthrope. I will purchase my minis off EBay if I need a STAR and can't find an acceptable replacement. I'll also buy paints, basing materials, etc from independent local hobby shops. The ONLY thing I'll ever buy from GW again is if they produce a glossy, full color, full fluff, BB rulebook with the LRB6 rules.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lychanthrope wrote:I stopped doing busniess with a gas station 20 years ago because of how I was treated when I bought gas there once, and I have NEVER bought from them since. GW can expect the same treatment.
Ditto for me with a car hire firm. I've also informed others about the shoddy treatment I received, and recommended a local rival which gave me great service at short notice.
Is that fair on the first firm? Possibly not (though it's still the same company 20ys on), but I'm in my right to do so.

Same goes for GW.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

GalakStarscraper wrote:So you walk into the bar after a big game loss and yell "Manchester sucks" ... are you really surprised that someone takes a swing at you? (especially when you don't know the facts and speak from a position of ignorance???) Seriously?
This may be true, but the law should punish those throwing the punch. Trolling and personal abuse are not tolerated on this forum.

If someone posts and you feel it is trolling then report it using the forum functionality ("report post") and let the moderators handle it.

If someone posts something you feel is abusive either to yourself or others then report it using the forum functionality ("report post") and let the moderators handle it.

If you feel the moderators aren't handling it then please let me know directly.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Grumbledook wrote: singled out the wrong thread, I was rather pissed off about the locking of that one when it happened, I was gonna let it slide but there is only so much I feel I can gloss over without just taking the step of stopping coming on here entirely

Just so I'm clear then...which one DID you mean? the only other one I can remember locking was the LRB6 one I moved to the archive. That got moved over (all 28 pages of it) when I decided it was time for the LRB6 Experimental rules feedback section to go to the archive (there not being any point in feedback anymore, with the CRAP locked and all that). It seemed to have pretty much died down anyway, but was definitely worth saving. If there was a thread in the LRB6ERF section you want reopened then that can be done. All you need do is ask.

I don't give a damn what you think about GW or the Galak team name campaign, but accusing me of bias in my moderating when I'm doing my best to do the job right I take personally.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Thadrin wrote:Cries of "Oh stop being so mean! Leave poor GW alone! " are not what I'd call reasoned debate.
It is posting stuff like that which is why I put the accusation of being impartial. None of us were saying you can't voice displeasure, the manner in what a lot of it has been done though leaves a bad taste in the mouth for some of us. Then you come back with something like that, it isn't something that gives me confidence that you are taking a step back and looking at things from both sides as a moderator.

I appreciate that people can get really passionate about things but since you asked I hope that explains it from "our side of the fence".

I don't want to upset anyone but I felt that something needed to be said.

Ryan01
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ryan01 »

Anyone got a good Halfling Team name that includes Galak (As i'm useless at naming teams) its got puggy & 15 other Flings in it.

I was thinking of namming it along the lines of the Galaks Blood Bowl Masters or some such

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

"The K.G.B"

King Galaks Boys

...I thank you!!........... :smoking:

"In Dodge We Trust"
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

I'm rolling to the West Coast Quake this weekend with my humans, the Cutthroat Starscrapers. More than anything else, it's a thank you for all the hard work to get 6.0 done.

Control the lightning.
DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

Ryan01 wrote:Anyone got a good Halfling Team name that includes Galak (As i'm useless at naming teams) its got puggy & 15 other Flings in it.

I was thinking of namming it along the lines of the Galaks Blood Bowl Masters or some such
How about the 'Battle-scarred Galak-titchers'?