Thrud Not Allowed

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

Good go Andy,

bad enough that Star Players are allowed, as they are not very balanced IMO (as with Norse or Amazon Teams for example ... and no, I am not going to play one of theese teams)

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Andy Hall wrote:but I'm just not sure how he'd work in the system and as this is the first Tournament I want to play it safe and simply ban him so he can't cause any trouble!
I still think it would make a ton of more sense to include him on the Star Player list at 100k. Then you eliminate the need for him as a special star.

Andy I have to be honest here.

I was told by the Trollz that sales of Thrud were not that good. At 100k he's a decent risky star and I think he would make the games very interesting at any tournament.

To me its like a rule was added to Blood Bowl that virtually no one uses and now we CANNOT use. I guess my biggest question is: why the heck did the BBRC make him official if his destiny is non-use.

Sorry, 100k cost to have Thrud on your team makes a HECK of a lot more sense than disallowing him.

Galak

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

...and the Amazons and Norse could have used him, too! :o

Sputnik

shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

galak, while i understand your point of view i am still glad that he is not allowed.

any game which featured him would greatly depend on the rolls that decide who he plays for. luck plays a great part in bloodbowl as it is, i don´t think a tourney needs more random factors.

besides, there would also be the possibility that 2 thruds play for 1 team :o (if both teams have got him)and that would be shitty indeed.

[url=http://carshownet.com]wheels[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Dunno i think that could be fun, if he is on the other team i could cope with him. and if he is on my team then thats swung it really far in the other direction.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

shlominus wrote: besides, there would also be the possibility that 2 thruds play for 1 team :o (if both teams have got him)and that would be shitty indeed.
Heck this problem already exists, so its no big deal.

If two teams show up and both have Griff or Morg than neither gets to use him. That's already in the rules for the tournament, so how does Thrud cause a problem.

Like I said using him is a tactical decision. Lot of power and he's cheap but he's a risk. The team that has him isn't guaranteed victory at all.

Sorry, I just find this ruling makes no sense. I'm setting up the GenCon tournament I hope (praying that I get approval for the time and space which is not guaranteed) and I'll allow Thrud for 100k if you have the mini and we'll see how it goes.

I'll state again my reason ... very few folks are using the rules for Thrud despite it being official. I don't see why the BBRC would make Thrud official if I cannot use him for tournaments for 100k just like every other star allowed in the game. Plain and simple that's my thoughts.

Galak

shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

If two teams show up and both have Griff or Morg than neither gets to use him
oops, forgot about that rule. :oops:
but who plays one-off games anyway?

still, i don´t want luck to be a great factor and with thrud, luck plays a bigger part.

i think the whole rules about him were very poorly thought out in the first place. nobody needed him anyway, the only reason there are rules for him is the miniature. they would have done players a better service if they gave every race a proper star.

so, once again, i see your point (he should be a normal star), but i am still happy he´s not allowed.

lets see what effects he has in your tourney, then we´ll all be smarter.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I have to admit, one of the reasons I decided against taking Norse was due to the number of SP I could be facing, and Thrud was the only Star I could take. Now that avenues closed I'll stick to my rats (who plrobably won't take a star anyway :roll: )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
shlominus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shlominus »

The official answer is, that both teams play with the same Star Player.
um, i just found this in another thread.

so, what IS the official ruling?

if 2 teams have the same star(s), will they both keep them or will they be ignored for that one match?

if both keep the stars that would again be a point against thrud in tourney´s. 8)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I don't recall saying that if both teams have the same player, than neither can use them in the rules pack.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Grumbledook wrote:I don't recall saying that if both teams have the same player, than neither can use them in the rules pack.
Sorry if I'm in error on this one guys. I assumed that the LRB 2.0 page 18 rule was being used for the league.
Each Star Player may be hired once per team. It is
possible (though unlikely) for both teams to hire the
same Star Player, If this happens then neither may use
him and he keeps both sets of hiring fees!
Galak

gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gallowin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:I don't recall saying that if both teams have the same player, than neither can use them in the rules pack.
Sorry if I'm in error on this one guys. I assumed that the LRB 2.0 page 18 rule was being used for the league.
Each Star Player may be hired once per team. It is
possible (though unlikely) for both teams to hire the
same Star Player, If this happens then neither may use
him and he keeps both sets of hiring fees!
Galak
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suddenly the teams with no star player options are looking better and better. If this rule does get enforced I see a lot of teams dropping their Star Players.

IMO I think they should make an exception for the tournament and allow teams to keep their SP. Reason: Star Player's cost reduces # of players, re-rolls and fan factor on the rosters. Non-SP teams will be tougher as a result and more competative. Otherwise I see less of reason to play teams that have no SP option.

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Of course u could just not use the option and play the team with no star players. *backs away from the angry mob*

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Good point galak, though as i plan on taking choas dwarfs in this moment in time, it means I won't have to deal with hthark, if we both can't use him.

Andy Hall
Retired

Post by Andy Hall »

Galak said: I was told by the Trollz that sales of Thrud were not that good. At 100k he's a decent risky star and I think he would make the games very interesting at any tournament.

Well looking at Thrud's sales figures (something the Trollz don’t have access to) I would say it has more than paid for itself. The whole point of Thrud is that he's a break from the norm and a bit of light entertainment.

But it's for these very reasons I don't feel he has a place in the Tournament (not this year at any rate).

Andy @ Fanatic