The story so far...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

The story so far...

Post by dwarfcoach »

Well I've given the BB is a miss this year but couldn't let it lie and have just spoken to Lycos.

Just before game 5 there are about 6 people with 4 wins including Pippy (Amazons) and Mordredd (Orcs) with about 15 or so well known TBB'ers running at 3 wins, and 1 tie including Lycos and Leon.

Wish I was there but am very much enjoying the sunshine in my back garden to be fair :P .

Apparently 172 players turned up which just goes to show we need the BB as a great tool for getting in new players to our hobby. I'm setting some money aside already to ensure my attendance next year...

(now where are my shades and tequila sunrise, gotta get back to that garden 8) )

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sad I couldn't make it. :( It is a good weekend not to be cooped up in a hall with 171 other sweaty blokes though I guess. :wink:

Good luck to all coaches!

Cheers
Joe

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Gw do anything special for the participants? Or is just opening the doors and allowing us the play in the hallowed halls considered special enough?

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Went there yesterday with friends to say hello to the lads I know and take the piss...as you do. No-one seemed to know if there was going to be a coin or not, or anything similar.

"In Dodge We Trust"
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

No special giveaways but it was a good tourney (albeit very, very hot). TBH I have no idea who won any of the awards, but I had a good weekend and finished 8th.

Good to see everyone again :)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

hoomin_erra wrote:Gw do anything special for the participants? Or is just opening the doors and allowing us the play in the hallowed halls considered special enough?
Nothing, seems like the coin not being there last year wasnt the accident they made it out to be :| Great tourney with shocking value for money being the only real down side.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Results:

Nick Harding (Mumbojoist) won and Mace Jedi (Christian Sales) runner up.

Don Vito won Warhammer League trophy.

CAS was Hudson and TDs was Diamond Joe Q.

TFF mod team
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

SillySod wrote:
hoomin_erra wrote:Gw do anything special for the participants? Or is just opening the doors and allowing us the play in the hallowed halls considered special enough?
Nothing, seems like the coin not being there last year wasnt the accident they made it out to be :| Great tourney with shocking value for money being the only real down side.
shocking value?

expected value you mean ;]

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

And that folks is why I didn't enter and waste my £55. I'm going to spend it on a couple of other decent tourni's.

:smoking:

"In Dodge We Trust"
thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

It's the 'expected' part of the bad value that makes it so shocking.

Special congratulations to shaniepoos, who not only lost ONLY two of his games, but actually won three!

Clearly the 'intervention' at the Monkeybowl where he was told to bring dwarfs actually worked :lol:

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

BIG CONGRATS!!!! to MumboJumboist....

(Heh, you know how many minis I can buy for 55 GBP?! )

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

thechosengobbo wrote:It's the 'expected' part of the bad value that makes it so shocking.

Special congratulations to shaniepoos, who not only lost ONLY two of his games, but actually won three!

Clearly the 'intervention' at the Monkeybowl where he was told to bring dwarfs actually worked :lol:
..I take it Mattwhile didn't shout out across the hall " WE TOLD YOU TO TAKE DWARVES!!"....I dared him by text about 3pm on Sunday!!

"In Dodge We Trust"
dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Well I intend in the most un-confrontational of ways (as I know how easy it is to offend on this kind of chat-room) to support this event as it has meant 40 + new signers for the NAF????

Granted a bunch will be for the dice (of which I've not yet see and will eagerly inquire at my next club-night) but I challenge anyone to find a better source for 'New Blood'; which means new members of our community.

I'm very pleased, a little jealous of the guys who had a great time and now overly eager to sign up for my next BB event (When is Thrudbowl again?).

"A lot of work for charity, don't like to talk about it..."

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i think quite a few were first timers from fumbbl

the new dice are red

dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Grumbledook wrote:i think quite a few were first timers from fumbbl

the new dice are red...
Cheers Jon.

To be honest not the best dice then :roll: , even a better advert for Lycos's efforts and additional peeps to enrich our game... :wink: