TBB Legacy Chaos Pact Blog - Waterbowl Update

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

TBB Legacy Chaos Pact Blog - Waterbowl Update

Post by sann0638 »

Hi all,
The TBB legacy team 2008 can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?t=25277&start=0

So that it's in the right forum, I'm going to do the blog here, for both the MBBL league team and the tournament/one-off team.

The current MBBL league team is here:
http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL/teamView.php?teamid=882

Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

Interesting starting line up, with the 2 RR and no Dark Elf?

Look forward to facing them when you receive the actual minis! :D

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Constrained by the minis that make up the team, and wanted everyone in the starting lineup :)

Played with a proxy team and won 4-0 v some skaven!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
katadder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by katadder »

lol steves pact team raped my humans last tuesday, seems we may have a few pact teams in the upcoming ladder.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Thinking about the team for the Waterbowl now, as Dan says the team is in the post.

Current thinking:
Ogre, Troll, Goblin, Skaven, not decided on number of marauders v rerolls yet.

+1 AG on the goblin, and Strong Arm on the ogre, for a realistic TTM play.
Extra arms on a marauder, for the pickup
Leader on a marauder, for the cheap reroll
Horns on the small-horned beastman/marauder, for an extra strength on the blitz and to match the figure!

That leaves me with one extra skill choice. Possibly extra arms on the skaven for a decent receiver, or accurate on a marauder for a decent thrower.

Thoughts welcome, bearing in mind there's no DE and no mino.

WB skill sets (currently going with #3):
#1: 4 skills, 2 doubles
#2: 4 skills, 1 double, 1 MA/AV
#3: 5 skills, 1 AG
#4: 4 skills, 1 ST

Mike

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Oh yes, and back to the MBBL team: currently playing another Pact team, with all 3 big guys. 1-1 at half time after a score by bloodnole the marauder, who now has the ball in the second half after a touchback, so assuming all goes well he will skill up.

Regretting BT on the ogre - too used to playing with my ogre team, where they don't have loner! Bit too scared to dodge him out even given a 2+. May be useful as a cage-breaker, but he hasn't had the opportunity yet.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

sann0638 wrote:Regretting BT on the ogre - too used to playing with my ogre team, where they don't have loner! Bit too scared to dodge him out even given a 2+. May be useful as a cage-breaker, but he hasn't had the opportunity yet.
I just finished up a league with my Human team (since we switched to LB6) and I found Guard and Stand Firm to be more useful than Break Tackle. I know it doesn't help you right now, but unless you roll doubles next skill, I would take Guard.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, think you're right. Might take Strong Arm though...

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Man of the match: Mrbrownesquire, picking up a TD, a casualty, and for once a deserved MVP! Got a double on the skill roll, but ignored it and took Guard. Might have taken side step on tabletop, but not on pbem.

The match finished 2-1 and 3-3 on casualties, with both TDs coming from crossfield switches and handoffs. Not too much bonehead and stupidity, and I saved up enough for a 3rd reroll and an apothecary, having managed to go 3.5 matches with no serious injuries!

Really enjoying playing with this team.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Oh dear, back to earth with a bump after a 4-0 drubbing by an underworld team with lots of cool mutations (very helpful big hands!), including a last turn TTM play to add insult to injury. One decent play with a marauder to marauder short pass, but the receiver (who shall remain nameless) tripped over the line...

Got some decent money so upgraded brage97 to a dark elf, after seeing the miniature and feeling I need one! Will be getting some big hands soon.

Photos here:
viewtopic.php?t=25277&postdays=0&postor ... &start=240

Mike

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

One decent play with a marauder to marauder short pass, but the receiver (who shall remain nameless) tripped over the line...
I am guessing that it was my marauder who tripped over the line...I have lost so many touchdowns that way! Are my hands cursed by Nuffle? :wink:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

OdoGoodgrubb wrote: I am guessing that it was my marauder who tripped over the line...I have lost so many touchdowns that way! Are my hands cursed by Nuffle? :wink:
Maybe - don't worry, you were chosen to get block for their first tabletop outing, so no danger of touching the ball!

This was a Waterbowl warmup with 1100 teams and the associated skill sets.
The team was all the positionals except the troll, plus 8 marauders and 4 rerolls. +1AG on bloodnole gobbo, extra arms on cookie skaven and lauth marauder, strong arm on sann ogre, block on odo marauder, horns on wedge the small-horned beastman.
Up against pro elves with 2 of each positional with a smattering of dodge and a guarder lineman.

The dice are going to be good for this team - won the fame and the kick-off. Elves set up with 3 on the line then 4 lots of 2, leaving a gap in the middle, so the TTM beckoned.
Perfect defence, and the elves pushed up a bit leaving more space in the back-field, and the scatter was nice.
The ball was in a good position for the 2+ pickup, 2+ handoff, 2+ bonehead, 2+ to avoid the fumble, 3+ landing. What could go wrong?

Gobbo landed successfully in a tackle zone, but was too far away to reach the end zone so just legged it anyway, getting the ball deep. It took a both down from 6 dice to get the ball off him, so the rest of the team were able to catch up, and brage Dark Elf was on the ball:

The TD came quickly, and now the dice deserted the elves as a blitzer had the temerity to block wedge - double skulls, and the reroll already gone! He went down, and his mate went for a surf :)
Unfortunately, there weren't enough turns for the 2-0 a half-time, so they went in 1 up.
The dice were still good in the second half, with the thrower getting snake eyes on the pick-up in the second half (took a picture of the 1).
Couldn't figure how to defend against a NoS catcher, so surrounded him. Didn't work, and it was one-each.
Fortunately, the elves were down to half-a-dozen players, who dutifully stood in a line. It would have been tempting to stall at this point with 11v6, but this was a friendly so nothing doing!
Still not many players, but they had a thrower and 2 catchers, and that's all you need, especially when it's 11pm and your son woke you up at 5am, so you forget how to defend.
2-2 at the end - time for a team photo!
Oi, don't forget the coach...
Bring on the Waterbowl!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

Nice team! Looking forward to playing against them! :D

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

MBBL version of the team just won 2-1 against a norse team, 3-2 casualties. Sweltering heat had a massive effect on the game, reducing it to a game of sevens in the second half, the biggest effect of which was to make it really difficult to get the troll to do anything! Predictably enough, the new dark elf got both of the TDs, and was going to pick up big hand after seeing how well it worked for the underworld, but got a double so went for Nerves of Steel instead. Odogoodgrubb now has multiple arms, to pick up the ball, then the plan is for him to give it to the extra arms skaven or the dark elf, both on a 2+.

Ogre and skaven both sat this one out, and Thadrin has now joined the team!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Odogoodgrubb now has multiple arms
I'm not too sure what my wife will have to say about that... :wink: