Can anyone who attended comment on the new BB video game?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

I asked about the AI, whether it was adaptable or preset levels. All I got was a confused look.

Reason: ''
"In Dodge We Trust"
Quadrasonic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Quadrasonic »

If the drive setups are as unwieldy as you all make them sound, that could kill the experience right there. The kick-off setup is one of the most essential strategic elements of the entire game.

I plan to buy the game for the PSP at least, and if they have done enough stuff correctly, I will also get it on the 360.

Big Hand:
Good for ball handling, basd for tyyyyping
bootylactin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bootylactin »

Quadrasonic wrote:If the drive setups are as unwieldy as you all make them sound, that could kill the experience right there.
Not anymore, they're not. :D The game has come a long way since what was shown at the GT. I just looked back through this entire thread, and nearly every complaint has been dealt with. Yes I started the topic, but I'm now in the beta. I can't say anymore than that due to the NDA. But the game is good, and it gets better with every patch they release.

http://BloodBowlDigital.com
Ogre Marauder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ogre Marauder »

Hi folks,

Is this due out on any format other than the XBox?

BFN

Paul

Once again Mo's Marauders clear the field. Can anyone stop them? This reporter doesn't think so!

If you thought the Coffin Dodgers were bad... Wait until you meet the Coffin Dodgers: Muerte Nuevo...
falconeyed
Star Player
Star Player

Post by falconeyed »

Ogre Marauder wrote:Hi folks,

Is this due out on any format other than the XBox?

BFN

Paul
360, PC, PSP and DS. This made me get a DS, although I have a 360 and plan on playing BB mostly on there.

No one should be honored for doing what is expected.
Quadrasonic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Quadrasonic »

I noticed that when a game is on both the DS and PSP such as "WH40K Squad Command", the beautiful animation sequences and most of the cool music is only offered in the PSP version. The stylus and second screen on the DS can be great if done well, but again, in "Squad Command" they are almost more of a liability.

I hope for DS owners this will not be the case for BB.

Big Hand:
falconeyed
Star Player
Star Player

Post by falconeyed »

Quadrasonic wrote:I noticed that when a game is on both the DS and PSP such as "WH40K Squad Command", the beautiful animation sequences and most of the cool music is only offered in the PSP version. The stylus and second screen on the DS can be great if done well, but again, in "Squad Command" they are almost more of a liability.

I hope for DS owners this will not be the case for BB.
Not to turn this into a Nintendo v. Sony thread, but the DS owns the handheld market for this hardware generation. I don't remember the exact numbers, but Nintendo is moving those things like crazy.

No one should be honored for doing what is expected.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Maybe, but the best hardware doesn't always win the war (reminces about his old ZX Spectrum).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Quadrasonic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Quadrasonic »

Actually, today's paper had an article in the business section concerning Nintendo that stated that while Wii sales are still very strong, better than those for the 360 and the PS3 together, DS sales are barely crawling now and are expected to continue doing so until Nintendo releases its next version of the DS.

That really has no bearing at all in whether or not Blood Bowl will be a good game on it and should not be taken as a slight to DS owners. I own a PSP but love what the DS is capable of. What I meant to communicate yesterday was that I hope the developers play to each system's strengths (360:Live, DS:touch screen and quick load times, PSP:graphics and sound) and bring the rest along as best they can.

Big Hand:
SirMcNasty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SirMcNasty »

When I saw it, it did look proper gorgeous to be honest and a definite purchase!!
I never managed to get my hands on it though, grrr damn those BB players who can finish a match in minutes and damn those bar staff for having tasty beverages of alcholness.

Will defo be gettin this for both 360 and DS but I would love to know if 360 online play will be cross compatabile with PC, a la Shadowrun.

Dark_Soul
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dark_Soul »

SirMcNasty wrote: Will defo be gettin this for both 360 and DS but I would love to know if 360 online play will be cross compatabile with PC, a la Shadowrun.
Cyanide have said no.

Darkson's parallel universe counterpart
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Bloodbowl Pc Game

Post by Giraffe »

Excuse me, knowledgable Bloodbowl Uba-gods, does anyone have a release date for this yet? Seems to have gone quiet since July...

Also does anyone remember the name of the chap who was in charge of the Cyanide stall at the BBGT08? I had his card, but can I bloody find it...

He suggested if I email him I might have a small chance of getting a donation for the Thrudball 09 auction (hopefully the game if it is released by then). Also I need to send him a thank you note for last years donation.
Thruds little helper thanks you for your assistance
(whilst Thrud pinches your beer!)

Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Asariel »

I wasn't there but was it Patrick Pligersdorffer? (CEO of Cynaide) he tends to do a lot of the Q&As anyway. As for the game, it's June 2009 (and firm at that) now.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No, I don't think it was Patrick. Nelson was there, with a French guy.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

thanks, Mr Darkson.

DO you know nelson's surname perhaps?