The aftermath...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

If it is a leagal issue that clogs everything up, yet can be avoided by allowing the NAF to run it (world cup stylee) is it not time for the NAF to ask if they can run it completely by them selves?

I understand this is a lot of extra work for volunteers, but by all accounts the world cup was the event to end all events. If GW want a profit, what is stopping the NAF keeping it at 55 quid and giving GW the 15 pound per player as a profit/lisencing fee. Could even drop the team and replace with a figure/dice cup/whatever and probably give them 20 quid per player.

Has this route been discussed? I agree that it should be the premier event in the world. I think that everyone wants that to be the case and GW have let it fade to a point were the only reason to go is the players who are at the event. However I also realise that for a lot of issues GWs hands are tied. I feel that this is one of those situations were common sense should prevail, but never will.

Dwarfcoach, was nice to meet you this weekend, top bloke! And yes brassbowl is looking good! Dutch open too, but fancy the dungeonbowl and money only goes so far that time of year.

Reason: ''
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Thanks for the great weekend. I enjoyed all my 6 games although a little 'misfortune' showed up in the end of my 6th game (but Pippy played well anyway and deserved the victory):wink: :lol:

Cheers

Kithor

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Enjoyed the games immensely and the staff were good throughout. Miffed about friday night and the coin. By comparison to what GW Germany do at the Dungeonbowl for £35 (Dice cup and set of inducement cards + mexican restaraunt) the UK price is a joke.

After this year I don't think GW UK will change anything at all as long as we keep turning up.
:(

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

EDIT to insert quote -
Valen wrote:You CAN compare it to the world cup though???
Unless I'm missing something I'd have thought so too. Same venue, PLUS the White Hart, 270 teams to give away, food still paid for...

... that said Lycos is obviously privvy to more info than most of us having been so close to it, and obviously we shouldn't expect him to ruin the NAFs relationship with GW by blurting it all out on here (I'll happilly take Dave at his word) but it really does seem hard to beleive that that is the best they could manage, especially after the NAF WC showed them, IN THEIR OWN HOUSE, how a GREAT tournament could be run on a massive scale. Typical GW though - show them how to do something properly and watch them ignore the information and just screw it up again :roll:

Personally positive though;
But, when all is said and done, I still had a great weekend. Capped it all off with the Stunty Cup for Da Smarteez and grats off JJ (and a Dave with a manic grin on his face :wink: ) so I really can't complain too much :wink: :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

The biggest downer of weekend was the bald git who kept quoting Rick Astley at me :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

gsot_5 wrote:... but fancy the dungeonbowl and money only goes so far that time of year.
Hmm, yes I gotta get me over to Germany, this event by all accounts only gets better.
Wightlord wrote:...By comparison to what GW Germany do at the Dungeonbowl for £35 (Dice cup and set of inducement cards + mexican restaraunt) the UK price is a joke....
Anther great comment about the Dungeonbowl. Hmm, going to have to get to this one next year, so many people love it...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

lycos wrote:I paid that for a football ticket and saw 90mins of rubbish
What have I told you about going to Old Trafford?

Mr 1-in-20
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote: Lesson 1 from the gospel according to Stick

Thou shall not covet thy neighbours' block dice.

Thou shall not kill.......(unless it gives you a tactical advantage.)

The Tourney has ended, now go in peace.
Amen

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

Thanks to all 6 of my opponents, very enjoyable games. Bit disappointed with a 3-1-2 after a decent first day, but the dice weren't so kind on the Sunday.

/shakes fist at Leon. :D

johnnyb79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by johnnyb79 »

Thouroughly enjoyed the event as a whole, This was mine and my friends first tourney and first time playing people other than ourselves and we didnt do too badly (23, 28, 113, 118 i think).

The games were good, the staff were friendly and every i spoke to seemed happy, polite and generally up for a laugh.

Big shout out to all the smoking players out their!! cos your probably the only ones who would remember us!!

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Wilf wrote:Thanks to all 6 of my opponents, very enjoyable games. Bit disappointed with a 3-1-2 after a decent first day, but the dice weren't so kind on the Sunday.

/shakes fist at Leon. :D
From what I saw Leon's dice were extremely kind!

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

9 dbl 6's on injury/armour rolls...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr 1-in-20
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:9 dbl 6's on injury/armour rolls...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
9 :o :o :o :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

Nuffle-was-a-woodelf said:
9 dbl 6's on injury/armour rolls...
Wil cries quietly in the corner and pretends the interception didn't happen either :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

gsot_5 wrote:If it is a leagal issue that clogs everything up, yet can be avoided by allowing the NAF to run it (world cup stylee) is it not time for the NAF to ask if they can run it completely by them selves?
Trouble is, and if I've understood the various conversations over the last few months, all the NAF can do is provide the staff on the day. GW would still have to retain control of supplying rulepacks, would have to provide the Events Co-ordinator for the weekend (a legal thing afaiu), would keep control of the gift (or not, as the case might be), keep control of the bar, etc.

Really, other than providing all the refs, I can't see what more the NAF would be allowed to do.

Of course, if all this is wrong, and I've got the wrong end of the stick, Lycos can totally trash this post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.