The aftermath...

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

shaniepoo wrote:So they up the price and drop the free coin...makes sence.
Unfortunately it does.

Reason: ''
Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

What colour are the new NAF block dice?

phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

The NAF dice I got at the weekend are yellow with blue symbols which I'm guessing are the new ones

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Yellow with blue inlay... EDIT - but due to the joys of simultaneous posting you already knew that :roll: :wink: )
When they're static they only have one "skull", but for some reason when you start the dice rolling they seem to be covered in the bloody things :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

Yellow dice dark blue details. Very visible. There will be no reason to modify like the green ones.

Probably the clearest yet to be honest. Not sure I like the colours but they are currently 10 foot away and next to my orange and my blue ones and I can see the yellow ones by far the clearest.

Good job NAF team!

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Ronnie90210 wrote:I never see a coin.

I had a great time with the games and that, but i was a bit ticked off with the how expensive this tourney was and they saying there is "added value" which we never seen.
I was quite frank on the feedback form about what I thought of them on this score.

Don't get me wrong, the Bugmans staff were great. The food was better than usual, and this time the voucher didn't leave you with odd 50p's to pay for (which really got on my man-boobs last year, it was so petty and penny pinching), all the staff I met were great (and in one case hot too :wink: ). It's not the staff...
... It's GW the company and the event management who should be getting the addresses of everyone who purchased a ticket out of their files, casting the coin, and mailing it out with a letter of apology and a fiver voucher to cover the "added value" that wasn't there for the price increase :pissed:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

hoomin_erra wrote:No, there was no coin. In fact there was no action on the part of GW at all.
No coin.
No single figs being sold over the weekend for us.
No Bugmans on Friday night due to Salsa Classes.
No Concessions as we were told.
Which was why I wasn't going to pay 55 quid to attend. What a pile of utter arse. Besides..I was at Wembley watch Torquay being crap as ever...still glad to hear the new NAF dice are in Torquay colours :wink:

Grats to the winner, and Stick for 2nd. :D

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Venomous Breath wrote:
hoomin_erra wrote:No, there was no coin. In fact there was no action on the part of GW at all.
No coin.
No single figs being sold over the weekend for us.
No Bugmans on Friday night due to Salsa Classes.
No Concessions as we were told.
Which was why I wasn't going to pay 55 quid to attend. What a pile of utter arse. Besides..I was at Wembley watch Torquay being crap as ever...still glad to hear the new NAF dice are in Torquay colours :wink:

Grats to the winner, and Stick for 2nd. :D
Quote! (even if agreeing with Simon scares me a bit :lol: )

And quote also the gratz for the winner and for Jesus, the 2nd :D

(Pippy league champ, is this info correct? Any rankings somewhere?)

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rankings should be up somewhere on the GW website sometimes after Wednesday.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Panico wrote:(Pippy league champ, is this info correct? Any rankings somewhere?)
Yep - that's right. More TD's than Geggster iirc. I think the GW guy said the full rankings would go on their site on Wed / Thurs (scraping into the top 10 FTW! \o/). Edit: Damn you Darkson! ;)

To be honest, yes, it's overpriced, yes they don't treat us very well (although as said above, the staff were all great), yes the food is sucky but it's the scale of the thing that is/was great. I hope they do sort themselves out a bit as it could be really, really good if they put a bit of effort in (as everyone that's told me about the NAF WC has pointed out, a bit gutted my TT days started too late...)!

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Are rotters AG 3!!?

Mr 1-in-20
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I hope they get some Air Conditioning installed in the Main Hall before next year's GT.

jordellfreshbreeze
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

well grats to the winner and to ian for finshing second and the mighty gav for getting most cas with halflings i was in shock

well all i can say is it was nice to see everyone again but i think that was my last bloodbowl what a joke price goes up no free coin and no they lair to me aboout football on the sunday by saying they didnt have sky and all the tvs were broke

but lets go team wales

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jamie, how come you can use puncuation on your rosters? :wink:

A/C - not by the sounds of it, and yes, all the GW staff there over the weekend would love it as well.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

I really enjoyed the GT, being my first tourney and all.

But the GW support seemed terrible. At the cost of the tickets I would have expected something beyond just the 6 games and a pub quiz, or t least i would have had it been anyone other than GW. :-?

Was really good to meet people and put names to faces from here and from fumbbl. Also it reminded me how much fun tabletop play can be :D now to find a league i can get to