Standard Bloodbowl Skill routes

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

A question for the Norse players. Ive not used norse since they changed the list round and am not sure if it's worth taking block on the Ulfwereners seeing as they are S4?

Im looking at:
Runner - dodge
Thrower - Hail mary
Lineman - Kick
Ulfwerener - Block
Ulfwerener - Block

Reason: ''
The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
gsot_5
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gsot_5 »

I'd defo go with block on the ulfs. Almost certainly 1st two skills. I've never played norse but played against them a lot and frenzy block is huge frenzy non block is huge too but in the liability stakes.

Especially as the both down result is huge at 1 mil, turnovers against dwarves and very good against the rest of the contenders at 1 mil.

Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

Hail Mary on the Thrower :o I really wouldn't bother - Sure Hands is far more important if my Norse ball handling is anything to go by. It also lets you have another reroll in effect. My suggestion would be:

1) Thrower - Sure Hands
2) Ulf - Block
3) Ulf - Block

Then you start Day 2 with all Block (unless you take the Snow Troll and I can never resist :roll: )

4) Runner - Dodge
5) Runner - Dodge

This is what I plan to do, but usually end up changing my mind after too many armour rolls of 7 with the snow troll and give him mighty blow. And then lose games after failed dodge rolls :roll:

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Rab wrote:Hail Mary on the Thrower :o I really wouldn't bother - Sure Hands is far more important if my Norse ball handling is anything to go by.
I can see where your coming from but with the runners extra movement i find it easyer to send a blitzer and a runner up the wing and then hail mary the ball to him as a last move for the turn. It's worked well in the past. It was either Hail mary or accurate.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
frikipe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by frikipe »

shaniepoo wrote:A question for the Norse players. Ive not used norse since they changed the list round and am not sure if it's worth taking block on the Ulfwereners seeing as they are S4?

Im looking at:
Runner - dodge
Thrower - Hail mary
Lineman - Kick
Ulfwerener - Block
Ulfwerener - Block
I don't think block is worth on the Ulf, i would go for Guard and Break tackle.

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

I was planning to use this skill-set for my Humans:

Thrower – Accurate
Blitzer – Strip Ball
Catcher – Block
Catcher – Block
Lineman – Dirty Player

The blitzer will be the defender, grabbing the ball off any players who get too close to the touchline, while hopefully the blodging catchers will be able to stave off some two dice blocks. I was thinking maybe fend on the catchers, so if they did manage to survive a block there'd be no TZ on them for the catch, but thought that them staying upright was more important.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Sizzling Gromril wrote:I was planning to use this skill-set for my Humans:

Thrower – Accurate
Blitzer – Strip Ball
Catcher – Block
Catcher – Block
Lineman – Dirty Player
I seriously consider changing Accurate for Block on your thrower. (giving you a safe ball carrier if Strip Ballers are around) and Dirty Player on a linemanfor a Blitzer with Frenzy.

Guard on human Blitzers is also a popular choice.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Hmm, interesting. I would have liked to get block on the thrower, but I usually try to play a passing game with my humans so that +1 might be worth it.

I suppose I could drop Dirty Player on the lino; it was just a bit of a fun skill to choose. I've always had bad experiences with frenzy; it usually takes me into bad places for the second block. After a re-think, I'm thinking maybe Mighty Blow on a blitzer, for a bit of offensive power?

Cheers.

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Tackle is always a good choice for a blitzer. I can't count the number of times my tackle blitzer has saved the day for me.

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Tackle sounds nice. With only five skills to choose it gets hard to narrow it down and get over the kid-in-a-candy-shop syndrome. I think I'm set on the accurate on the thrower, strip ball on the blitzer and block on the catcher, but the second catcher could maybe lose block in exchange for tackle or mighty blow on the second blitzer.

Too much choice.

Ogre Marauder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ogre Marauder »

Hi folks,

Usually take undead in a tourney - 2 wights, 2 mummies, 4 ghouls, 4 skellies (no zombies!) - The Coffin Dodgers pride themselves on being the fastest undead team in the north (especially with the Mummies willing to gfi - lol)

Usually go for:
Sure Hands - Ghoul
Tackle on Wights (to deal with nasty dodgy elves)
Guard on Mummies

Double - may be guard on a skellie or HMP Ghoul if I'm feeling odd...

Doesn't really make the team much stronger, but does help counter it's weakness against quick, dodgy teams.

Seems to work:
Managed a 19th /~200 at BB a few years ago, while also getting the Most CAS award. Have won the Far Albion Cup and been joint second there too (damn PubBowler and his dwarves forcing a draw! :roll: ) Also won the Student Nationals a couple of years ago (as far as I'm aware there's not been a BB category the last two years - folks must still be scared :evil: ). Last performance was a pretty good turnout at the World Cup as part of Team Scotland (5-1-3)

BFN

Paul

Once again Mo's Marauders clear the field. Can anyone stop them? This reporter doesn't think so!

If you thought the Coffin Dodgers were bad... Wait until you meet the Coffin Dodgers: Muerte Nuevo...
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Ogre Marauder wrote:Have won the Far Albion Cup and been joint second there too (damn PubBowler and his dwarves forcing a draw! :roll: )
The clock was on my side at that one...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Hi gsot

Strip Ball is still good value for me as not everyone will have Sure Hands. Yes humans, dwarfs, khemri, most orcs, maybe skaven will; but other elves, norse, zons, undead, lizards won't. And it could easily be a gamebuster if they don't!

Traditionally the strongest teams at the Blood Bowl have been:

Undead
Dwarf
Skaven
Amazon
Orc

They work well at 1mil and both start well and develop well in the short term.

Pip

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I'm a fairly new player and it will be my first time at the Blood Bowl GT.

My Orc Team will be 4 BOB, 3 Blitzer, 1 Thrower, 2 Linemen and 2 Gobbos.

I was thinking of taking the following:

1 Thrower - Block
2 Black Orc - Guard
3 Blitzer - Tackle
4 Black Orc - Guard
5 Blitzer - Tackle (or undecided)

Any thoughts or advice?

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by darren woodward »

duttydave wrote:I'm a fairly new player and it will be my first time at the Blood Bowl GT.

My Orc Team will be 4 BOB, 3 Blitzer, 1 Thrower, 2 Linemen and 2 Gobbos.

I was thinking of taking the following:

1 Thrower - Block
2 Black Orc - Guard
3 Blitzer - Tackle
4 Black Orc - Guard
5 Blitzer - Tackle (or undecided)

Any thoughts or advice?
I'd take the 4th Blitzer in any event. d