BB stock for sale at the BBGT 2008

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

If they could sell block dice at the event it would be great. Don't get me wrong - I love my NAF dice and I'd never part with them. But as the commish of my club's league, I've brought at least twenty newbies into the game by supplying spare boards, dice, templates, etc. so the kids just need to buy their own teamsn.

I'd like to buy a stash of spare block dice for to keep me going before they go for good - and I'd rather buy them at 60p each rather than $10 for three...

Reason: ''
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

I've resigned myself to only taking white ones to tourneys as I've lost my black set and now I think my orange set :( .

To be honest it would be best for everyone if GW could just come to some arrangement to have a big batch of BB stuff available on the proviso that whatever they can't sell they sell on to Impact with a reasonable trade discount.

Everyone happy!

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

dwarfcoach wrote:To be honest it would be best for everyone if GW could just come to some arrangement to have a big batch of BB stuff available on the proviso that whatever they can't sell they sell on to Impact with a reasonable trade discount.

Everyone happy!
hmmmmm dang that a plan ... I doubt they'd do it.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
dwarfcoach wrote:To be honest it would be best for everyone if GW could just come to some arrangement to have a big batch of BB stuff available on the proviso that whatever they can't sell they sell on to Impact with a reasonable trade discount.

Everyone happy!
hmmmmm dang that a plan ... I doubt they'd do it.
Yes, it is just theory, no actual 'percentage chance of working' predicted.

But phrased in that manor, with the whole 'The community will be the main benefactor' attitude being prominent I'm sure it would carry weight. If it was I approaching GW I would first tell guys like Andy / Jervis of the idea and then ask for their assistance in selling the idea to the 'commercial' side of the business.

this kind of thing is not without precedent and bearing in mind the current change in the way GW products are being sold it is a very neat way of dealing with a sticky subject. GW get to honour the commitment from loyal BB fans by providing them with a big chunk of models in a one-off, tournament-special-deal way that their current retail model does not support and as such at the bare minimum 'tide them over', at worst make sure a decent amount of 'last-chance models' are made available with a no-overstock-risk if they are prepared to make the discount concession to Impact (as I know that Impact representatives are attending now).

Again, just a 'what if', it's the NAF president Lycos speaking to Games Workshop and I don't want to tread on any toes here as it would not be my financial commitment...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I would be more than willing to work with Dave on this.

If GW was willing to give to give Dave the normal 35% that they offer vendors. Impact! would be willing to cover the cost of buying up any no longer in production BB figures that were left and several of the boxed teams.

If this could fly and Dave could get approval for it in advance ... I could front the money to Dave and he'd have the money in advance to spend up to on our behalf and then Gavin could come and pick them up.

If the GT is in May ... I'm pretty sure we could have a decent amount of GBP worth of pocket change for Dave to play with for such a deal ... I'd have to crunch the numbers. However ... I really would expect to at least get the same discount as what GW offers their vendors for such a purchase. Somehow though ... I don't think there will be much left to purchase.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Great stuff Galak, I will have a chat with Dave when he gets back from Germany...

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Beanie wrote:Galak

How are new players to blood bowl or legues to be encourged when you have to spend time and a great deal more on e-bay trying to get figures.

At the moment if a chainsaw blood bowl figures appears on e-bay it is being sold for upwards £15.

Blood bowl will soon become the past time of the well off - with the only option to pay well over the price.

I am currently spending more money on e-bay building my teams than in GW.

Regards
I have to agree that E-bay Blood bowl miniatures are getting silly priced again. I still try to keep a reasonable range in stock but outside of people selling me collections/ Trades/ Clearance deals its becoming a lot of hard work.

To get some of the rarer figures all I can suggest what a lot of players do is give me a list of what your interested in and if your on the top of that list when I get my hands on them will send you an offer first. Hope this helps. 8)

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk