GW Events Website Incorrect?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

GW Events Website Incorrect?

Post by duttydave »

Hello all

I have just tried to purchase a Bloodbowl Ticket from GW Direct Sales only to be told that they do not go on sale until the 23rd.

I rang back to double check and advise that the GW website advertised that today was the day that tickets went on sale.

The Direct Sales Guy said that the Website was wrong and that they had no time to correct it.

Given the recent threads about GWs treatment of us customers, I'm not impressed :pissed:

Has anyone else any further information? Is it definitely the 23rd?

Reason: ''
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

It's definitely the 23rd.

This is the link you want. It's also got the rules pack.
http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warha ... .html#more

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

.. the link was updated February 15th... after I had taken the day off from work to get miself a few of them tickets (for our AnBBL traveling party).

I suppose I'm ment to take a few more days of then..

You think it'll sell out in a few hours, or will the event be only half full?

Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I know that some of the veteran players are none too happy and may not be going. However, I will be going as it's my first time. I may be a bit naive but I guess it will be a good platform to let the GW people know how passionate we are about the game. If the rumours are true, we may even be able to purchase some individual figures from the BB range. I think I'll be stocking up on a few positionals for my teams.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

duttydave wrote:I know that some of the veteran players are none too happy and may not be going. However, I will be going as it's my first time. I may be a bit naive but I guess it will be a good platform to let the GW people know how passionate we are about the game. If the rumours are true, we may even be able to purchase some individual figures from the BB range. I think I'll be stocking up on a few positionals for my teams.
Every year I've been previously the shop has happily ignored the 200 blokes playing BB outside their entrance and continued with the same stock.

You MAY be able to get "instant" mail order from the shop - so getting individual minis by asking, but with the new policy it might not be the case. If this is really important to you I'd recommend ringing the shop up prior to going to find out.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Thanks for the warning Ian.

It does seem incredible that they wouldn't make the effort, especially with so many BB players there. It's not as if GW aren't interested in making money.

I guess the marketing guys keep failing their Bonehead rolls.

King-Nerd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by King-Nerd »

Tritex will be there, probably, buy them from him. Last year GW had about 2 box sets of teams (no joke) in the shop during the whole of BB GT.

In general BB is small beer to GW, more hassle than it is worth. They like the IP rights and that is it.

Reason - box set + couple of positionals = £30 (all metal so not great margin for them) vs 1 SM Land Raider = £40 (plastic and virtually 100% margin). You do the math.

Wooden spooner - Carror Crunch 2007
Frank
Star Player
Star Player

Re: GW Events Website Incorrect?

Post by Frank »

duttydave wrote:... to be told that they do not go on sale until the 23rd.
I just ordered 3 tickets for Baerbel, Mootaz and me.

cu
Frank