From Fanatic Online #95

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

From Fanatic Online #95

Post by Darkson »

Andy Hall wrote:As you’ll have read on this website, or even experienced for yourself if you travelled over, the NAF Blood Bowl World Cup was held here at Warhammer World and was a great success with the French taking possession of the World Cup. Such a large event did not go unnoticed here at GWHQ and Blood Bowl boards are already been broken out and teams dusted off, ready for a fresh season. It was a great event and well done to all those who took part and organized it.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I think a well run studio league could do more for the future of the game than almost anything we could do. Fingers crossed that the HQ-ers enjoy it! :D

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

The French did it again ! Image

Next time I win !!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

l_dauguet wrote:The French did it again ! Image
Then the French should clean it up :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Also:
Jervis talks about the Blood Bowl World Cup
Jervis wrote:I was recently lucky enough to be invited along to the first Blood Bowl World Cup. Those of you that were also there will know just how awesome an event it was. As for those of you that didn't make it, well, I think Shakespeare put it pretty well in Henry V: "And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here"

Seriously, though, Jim Lanier and Dave Downes and the rest of the NAF team deserve unstinting praise for organising such a wonderful event. From the start they thought big, and were determined that the World Cup would be a truly global celebration of the Blood Bowl hobby. They succeeded beyond all expectations, gathering coaches from all corners of the world to take part in three glorious days of furious Blood Bowl action.

However, I'm sure that all of the members of the NAF organising team would agree that the World Cup would have been nothing without the wonderful attitude and spirit of all of the coaches that took part. From their arrival on Thursday evening for pre-registration, through to the awards ceremony on Sunday evening, the coaches took part in the World Cup with infectious enthusiasm and passion. This was especially true of Team Les Azes, from Toulouse, France, the well deserved winners of the team trophy, who played throughout the three days with exemplary skill and sportsmanship against extremely tough opposition. Well done to them, and all of the other trophy winners.

The tournament was so big that it really impressed many staff how work here at HQ and had never seen so many gamers in one place!

With the bar set so high by the first World Cup it is difficult to imagine that the next one can be any better – but if I know the NAF they will already be thinking about how to achieve this seemingly impossible feat. I, for one, can't wait to see if they succeed!

Jervis Johnson
November 2007

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

High praise indeed from the great man himself! :o

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Igor Tahavanale wrote:
We can't. Remember we're allergic to soap ;)

Next time I win !!!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

l_dauguet wrote:
Igor Tahavanale wrote:
We can't. Remember we're allergic to soap ;)
Good point :wink: :D

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa