It would save me the trouble :D

Reason: ''
Marco Gianni
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Marco Gianni »

For the moment all we have are the Match Results by rounds

http://www.ommproject.com/WorldCup/Imme ... sults.html

There are 1224 match to enter in the NAF site so I can imagine that it will take a few minutes...

Here's the coach list too :

http://www.ommproject.com/WorldCup/Imme ... 0List.html

Co-organizer of RUGBOWL
Results 2010
Pics

NAF WC Team Champion (Les Azes)
Individual Runner up
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Sigh. Right. Did them myself then:

This list shows what the tournament going portion of the BB community percieves to be the most powerful teams in a resurrection tournament. (Choices may also be slightly bash biased, due to the tournaments points system):

Orcs 38
Wood Elfs 34
Undead 32

Norse 28
Dwarf 23
Skaven 22

Chaos Dwarf 15
Dark Elf 16
Lizardmen 12
Amazon 10

Necro 8
Khemri 7
Human 6
Elf 6
High Elf 5
Gobbo 4
Nurgle 2
Ogre 2
Vampir 1
Chaos 1
Halfling 0

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Believe it or not, but I actually played a game against vampires so at least one vampire team attended

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Horekim,
weird. Then the official lists aren't entirely correct.
You're down for: Undead, undead, necro, dwarf, orc, gobbo, orc, lizardmen, norse.

Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

I played against vamps, too. They decided not to feast on their thralls, but on my players instead :(

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

plasmoid wrote:This list shows what the tournament going portion of the BB community percieves to be the most powerful teams in a resurrection tournament. (Choices may also be slightly bash biased, due to the tournaments points system):
Also note that a team could only have one of each race, so it's an interesting list, but not a overly meaningful one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Darkson,
it certainly means that some of the "overly" represented teams might have been chosen even more, but were prevented by the rules from being so.
But the list does show a pretty big difference between the popular teams and the unpopular ones. Do with that what you like, but these are way more than just statistical blips.

Cheers
Martin

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Rab and Horekim,
well - you both played against John Davis' Necro team. I'm guessing that should be John Davis' vampire team.
Thanks

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Rab and Horekim,
well - you both played against John Davis' Necro team. I'm guessing that should be John Davis' vampire team.
Thanks
yup that's correct

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

The numbers look a lot like these ones. :D

which tournament was won by which races.
viewtopic.php?t=23465

8)

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Grotsmeg from Flame On Team B actually took Chaos, not Chaos Dwarf - looks like he had the only Chaos team!

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Just a quick note for those interested. The only reason the NAF site has not yet been updated is exactly this, some of the races reported were not correct. We have been running a thread on the NAF site so guys like NLS, you need to make sure you have updated that thread please.

Martin, drop me a PM, when it is all done I will get you the figures you need.
Dave

TFF mod team
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Darkson wrote:
plasmoid wrote:This list shows what the tournament going portion of the BB community percieves to be the most powerful teams in a resurrection tournament. (Choices may also be slightly bash biased, due to the tournaments points system):
Also note that a team could only have one of each race, so it's an interesting list, but not a overly meaningful one.
And I would further add to Darkson's point that some teams took the races they had because it was all they had. I took 12 teams just in case of this or that (I wasnt playing) and sure enough, 4 or 5 of them were out there being used. The ref teams that filled in had to select from a) what I had with me and b) a team that didnt compromise the one race per team rule.

I know of two teams that took the races they did because they had the painted figs too, not because they felt one race was any better than another.
So I concur with what Darkson was hinting at that you cant draw too much from the breakdown in this particular case. Granted there is a theme.

TFF mod team
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

You need to consider that each team was only allowed one of each race too. So lots of Orc teams might just mean they are considered a safe 5th or 6th choice pretty universally rather than being considered the best team.

I suspect the stats will show Woodies were the best performing race at the tournament.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams