Thanks from the President....

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Thanks from the President....

Post by Lycos »

To all of you there and all of the staff for making the greatest BB tournament ever.

What an incredible weekend. 46 teams, 272 coaches and 9 games over 3 days. Just an amazing experience.

Everybody is very keen to see results and see the rankings but if I told you that we have 1,224 games to enter I am sure you understand this will take some time. We need to make some last checks but I am hopeful we can post on the NAF site the full results very soon.

I am now away for 5 days with no internet so you wont see any more from me as I need to recover and so do the staff, they were looong days after very early morning starts. I will see what I can do from an internet cafe if they have one in the middle of nowhere which is where I am off too!

Once again, thanks to everyone there....it was incredible.

Dave

Reason: ''
TFF mod team
driesfield
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by driesfield »

Great weekend, great players and great (I mean really great) organising!
Thx to Jim, Dave, Woody, and all NAF people who helped with running the tournament. And of course all coaches who were there.

Driesfield

Scourge of Lizardmen! and Sjapie!
I'll never be your Beast of Nurgle.
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Lycos wrote:Thanks from the President....
No no, thank you Mr. President :wink: And thanks to everyone who organised/helped, it was awesome.

Hell, even the food was pretty good in GW this time :lol: (what I had was, don't blame me if your meal sucked :wink: )

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

It was both a pleasure and a privilege to be involved... a really excellent and very rewarding experience. I'm very tired yet still buzzing... haven't switched off yet.
Ladies and gents.. we were all part of a very special few days that will go down in NAF and Blood Bowl history!
Thanks for believing and thanks for coming.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Thank you Mr President.

And hope you've got over your sympathy morning sickness Rob...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Great Tournament

Post by FischerKing »

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and a great tournament in general !! Only frustration is that I completely missed the pleasure of sobbing and whining about my dice this time...as they were pretty good :wink: Anyway, next time dont invite so many great players so I can winn SOMETHING and not just allmost winn everything !! :P (j/k)

I have to say, that apart from the standings confusion in the end, it was a very well organized tournament, and a big congrats to the organizers for that ! Could have been cool with metal Trophies all the way through, and not those plastic things we got, but hey, we got a human team ! :)
For England, the food was surpricingly tasty and the games workshop place is just too cool !!

I like the system with the points, though maybe there should be a bigger differense between winns, draws and defeats as, but I dont know. Its a good thing that casualties also counts in the overrall balance.

Thanks to all my opponents for fair games played in a good blood bowl spirit !
Special thanks to Les Azes Woodelf Player for a great woodie mirror, testing two great different styles of playing the woodies. I went through alot of emotional ups and downs during that one !! :lol:
Also a special thanks to Fabrizio from Rome (?) for a great Woodie vs Dwarf game. Hope to play you again in some tournament :)

Finaly: Congrats to Les Azes on the big winn, an to all the individual winners !! Well played :)

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Great Tournament

Post by horekim »

FischerKing wrote:Also a special thanks to Fabrizio from Rome (?)
LOL - he would be very disappointed if he heard that! Imagine if people thought that you were from Copenhagen! :o

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Marco Gianni
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Marco Gianni »

FischerKing wrote:Also a special thanks to Fabrizio from Rome (?) for a great Woodie vs Dwarf game.
Actually I've play Fabrizio (Trenados) in first round and he played Norses...

Anyway, our match (FischerKing vs me) was really fun (despite I've lost ^^) and thanks to the last kick off (Blitz !) I've not been able to attempt a one turn TD for the draw... grrr !! ;)

Co-organizer of RUGBOWL
Results 2010
Pics

NAF WC Team Champion (Les Azes)
Individual Runner up
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

So, as captain of the LBN me and the other coaches simply can say

THANK YOU GUYS

It's impossible to express that we feel in this tourney. Thank you for make this game better when we cannot think that it was possible!!!

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Papa Sebco »

Yeah, a real big thanks to all organizers. It was a great great great holyday journey for us, and surely a lot of work for you. Thanks again and see you in the next World Cup ! :wink:

DeathJester
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DeathJester »

The thanks really goes to Lycos, OMM and the rest of the organisation team, referees, helpers etc..

You enabled us to have the World Cup so we could attend and nothing will compare, thanks again for all you efforts.

-----------------------------------------------
Most CAS: Thrudbowl 2006, Spikey 2006, Poobowl 2007, Waterbowl 2007, Albabowl 2007
Stunty Cup: BBQ Bowl 2021

"Bloodbowl is better than crazy golf"
FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

horekim wrote:
FischerKing wrote:Also a special thanks to Fabrizio from Rome (?)
LOL - he would be very disappointed if he heard that! Imagine if people thought that you were from Copenhagen! :o
Horekim you monkey, there are more than one Fabrizio ;) If I am mistaken anyway, then sorry my bad.

[France Bloodbowl] ZeBoss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by [France Bloodbowl] ZeBoss »

Thanks to all the staff and all the players.
We -the FBB team (the real one!)- have really enjoy the event and were very sorry to leave you so early. We hope to be back soon and to crush you all again.

Special thanks to the spanish team (nacio, kerunch, Juan and the others) who have played quickly the last round allowing us to go early and catch our shuttle.

Congrats to the "nAZES" that we appreciate a lot despite the little pun that we always make with their name! Yes nico your "slanns" are cool... ;)

Finaly bigup to topper and fisherking from the danish team that beat us so badly in the 5th round that we have only been able to finish 3rd! Next time dices will be better and I will punish you like the first time we met (I'm sure you remember it well Fisherking!) :)

My only regret toward the organisation is that due to the big amount of competitors the staff had to split the coaches between the pub and the GW room. I feel sad for the ones who were on the last tables even if I know that they had good beers to forget about it! :)

And lastly there was one thing missing in this worldcup!
We didn't play a game of flag football
I hope next time we will.

I'm dying to see our medails. I hope Longshot will send them to us very quickly.

[url=http://www.francebloodbowl.com/][img]http://www.francebloodbowl.com/img/pub/francebloodbowl.gif[/img]
Visit France Bloodbowl[/url]
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

FischerKing wrote: Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and a
For England, the food was surpricingly tasty
Something we also noticed. Stands in a row with the weather (sunshine for alle the tourney and back here in Austria it's ben raining cats and dogs since saturday as I was told...), although there was a little fog on the channel, as I guess it's been made for the continental tourists to be content :lol:
Anyway, I prophesied to my team members that the award ceremony with the marseillaise will be online with at least 3 viedos on youtube tuesday evening. You beat me by at least 2. One's already in my favorites.
To summarize it again: It's been an awesome event due to the relaxed games (thanks again to all my opponents) and the great work, the staff did make.
And specially for Carlos and Luca:
Kewan: "Peró hay más Españoles qué Panicos."

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!