NAF World Cup Round One draw

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

l_dauguet wrote:
Ronnie4655 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Anyone know how good this guy Louis X is?
Very Good :lol:
I must have beaten you too but surprisingly, I don't remember :smoking:
I remember playing u with my skaven, and i got creamed but i can't remember which tourny thou

Reason: ''
"Living the Dream!!"
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Ronnie4655 wrote:
l_dauguet wrote:
Ronnie4655 wrote: Very Good :lol:
I must have beaten you too but surprisingly, I don't remember :smoking:
I remember playing u with my skaven, and i got creamed but i can't remember which tourny thou
Louie? He's french, so he's an ok player.
But watch him, he'll try using team rerolls for his Rat ogre!! :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

yeah im not good with my skaven lol

"Living the Dream!!"
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

Lycos wrote:Beppe v JJB is a good game. I have played Beppe and I think he is a very good coach, particularly with CDs. Justin I have played many times and I will say he knows his Welfs.... a very good match between two good lads off the pitch I'd say.
If it is Wood Elves v Chaos Dwarves...wow, interesting game.
thanks Lycos!!! i'm very pleased for what you've said!!!
anyway, i'm playing chaos dwarf :wink:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

Longshot wrote:
Beppe#2 wrote: any other question about italian players?
French guy living in London and playing at ECBBL. not really known by French community.
I bet on you on this game Beppe ;)
Then be prepared to lose money Johan.
:smoking:

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Hmm, drawn against a Basque Barbarian on round 1.

Don't know what to expect...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Beppe#2

Post by Beppe#2 »

i hope not... :D
nice to meet you Justin!!!

Bobby from Latvia
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Zoglug wrote:OMG! out of 280 people, i draw another flame on'er! And another flame on'er thats playing Skaven! (hes in the A, im in the B team).
There are one, perhaps two matches, that may change before the start of the tournament - this match is one. Although the Committee discussed at length the prospects of teammates playing each other in the first rounds, we decided there was little lasting effect for the team play. Yet it is not impossible to change and it would be more than a little disappointing perhaps to travel to Nottingham only to start with a teammate or someone who plays in your league at home.

No guarantees, but we will do what we can....

After the first round, all bets are off, and no bribes accepted! :wink: :D

OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
Zoglug wrote:OMG! out of 280 people, i draw another flame on'er! And another flame on'er thats playing Skaven! (hes in the A, im in the B team).
There are one, perhaps two matches, that may change before the start of the tournament - this match is one. Although the Committee discussed at length the prospects of teammates playing each other in the first rounds, we decided there was little lasting effect for the team play. Yet it is not impossible to change and it would be more than a little disappointing perhaps to travel to Nottingham only to start with a teammate or someone who plays in your league at home.

After the first round, all bets are off, and no bribes accepted! :wink: :D

OMM
There are in fact also two Italians that have been drawn to play against during the first match: Lesya vs Treno.

Maybe having the draw modified so that the two flames and the two italians could play the coach of the other nationality... that would be great :wink:

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
... Yet it is not impossible to change and it would be more than a little disappointing perhaps to travel to Nottingham only to start with a teammate or someone who plays in your league at home.

OMM
Hey Jim, as I am playing a fellow ECBBL member (Gumbo) and as such am in the same situation as Zoglog is there any chance a little switcheroo is possible?
It would be then be ECBBL vrs flame on in two matches which would work out nicely I think...

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

Beppe#2 wrote:i hope not... :D
Same here. Although you won't feel like saying that anymore once we've played our game...
;)

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

dwarfcoach wrote:
Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
... Yet it is not impossible to change and it would be more than a little disappointing perhaps to travel to Nottingham only to start with a teammate or someone who plays in your league at home.

OMM
Hey Jim, as I am playing a fellow ECBBL member (Gumbo) and as such am in the same situation as Zoglog is there any chance a little switcheroo is possible?
It would be then be ECBBL vrs flame on in two matches which would work out nicely I think...
I second that - beyond the actual points gained/lost, I think it will seriously impact the spirit of this tournament: we're playing as teams, not individually.

Beppe#2

Post by Beppe#2 »

JJB wrote:
Beppe#2 wrote:i hope not... :D
Same here. Although you won't feel like saying that anymore once we've played our game...
;)
it's possible... i hate w. elves!!! i just hope to roll more than 7 to break armor... :wink:

Bobby from Latvia
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Let us get sorted out the number of actual coaches who are playing on Friday... there have already been one or two emergency withdrawals, and situations where coaches are coming only for team play...

So let us get to the final number, see whether we are balanced or need to use the odd-man out, then we will try and sort out matches against league mates, etc.

Remember, getting the pairings done is only the first part - making the necessary changes, entering and editing the results, insuring the quality of the entries - from two separate venues, all within a small registration window and then break period....

it is a formidable task, and I ask everyone to help and trust the NAF staff to get it sorted and presentable as fast as possible....

OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

JJB wrote:
Longshot wrote:
Beppe#2 wrote: any other question about italian players?
French guy living in London and playing at ECBBL. not really known by French community.
I bet on you on this game Beppe ;)
Then be prepared to lose money Johan.
:smoking:
easy bet from me, my odds are so huge ;)

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/