BloodBowl 2007 and LRB 5

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Should teams at LRB5 tournments be able to take a sub TR100 line-up and then take inducements?

No! Never! I'd burn my dice before allowing such horror!
42%
Yes, but they have to keep to the same one throughout
46%
Yes, and they can change it each game if they want
12%

Total votes: 67

Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

BloodBowl 2007 and LRB 5

Post by Rab »

Does anyone know how fully will LRB 5 rules be used at next year's GT? Specifically, if I decide to bring a goblin team can I take a TR90 line-up and then buy a bribe each game? 8)

Given that inducements have been one of the major changes in the PBBL, will the package as a whole be balanced without them?

I know a couple of LRB 5 tournaments have now been run - what was the ruling there and how did it work out?

Looking forward to your comments...

Reason: ''
[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

I've only been to one LRB5 tourney so far and that banned all inducements; but then Spiky has always been pretty restrictive on that sort of thing as far as I am aware.

Personally I don't see a good reason to ban the use of the sub TV1M teams plus inducements tactic. As you have to have 11 regular players in addition to whatever stars etc you get there are few teams that can manage to do this; and apart from the stunty teams I don't think that any teams gain any real (or even perceived) advantage from doing so.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

I think that the GT is going to be very restrictive with the Inducements. Maybe let the Chef for the halflings and the Stars for the rest as usual...but anything else...and everything buyed with your million...so you cant change the Inducements taken each round.

BTW...for the Tabira Bowl im letting any inducement except Mercs...but you need to include them as part of your rosters and they'll be the same for all the matches.

At this point...only halflings and goblins are taking part of this new capability...with stars and bloodweiser babes.

I'll make a little report at the end of the tourney...but im expecting stuntys dont doing bad.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

grotuk wrote:BTW...for the Tabira Bowl im letting any inducement except Mercs...but you need to include them as part of your rosters and they'll be the same for all the matches.
Chaos Cup did the exact same. No problems noted.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rab
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rab »

Sounds good - including inducements on your roster (a la star players) is what I hope they allow for the BB07, although from the votes there's a fairly strong 'anti' lobby as well :roll:

[url=http://schwingaward.org/]SChWiNG[/url] Treasurer
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: BloodBowl 2007 and LRB 5

Post by Darkson »

Rab wrote:Does anyone know how fully will LRB 5 rules be used at next year's GT?
I emailed the Events team today, and the rules haven't been finalised yet. To be worked on "soon".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Simon its GW you`ll probably get a reply asking what Inducement are?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nah, I think Brian is quite switched on actually. At least they were aware there's a new edition. Of course, the events team runs all the GW tourneys, so they don't seem to plan as far ahead as we'd like, but after all the 40k and WFB tourneys...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.