Thanks to all the people I met at the tourney!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Heresy_Bloke
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks to all the people I met at the tourney!

Post by Heresy_Bloke »

Just like the topic title says, i'd like to thank everyone I met at the tourney this weekend, especially those of you who spent a great deal of money with me in the pub car park on sunday night! God bless the spanish team!

You all know who you are and your warm welcomes were incredible. Anyone would have thought I was actually one of the contestants. Especial thanks should really go to Philip Homatidis for all the free drink and snacks he kept buying me and to Ewan at impact: nice to meet you in person!

(I'd list people names but there's 2 of you that I really can't remember what they were, so to save my embarassment a warm hug all round instead...)

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.heresyminiatures.com/buyit.htm]Heresy Miniatures - Never knowingly nominated for anything...![/url]
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Well I took quite a few of your figures along too mate and sold a bunch of them. So with our efforts and support of the Blood Bowl community Heresy figures will be decorating a few more Blood Bowl pitches for quite some time! 8)

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Heresy_Bloke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heresy_Bloke »

Yes - I heard you were selling them in the GW car park. Naughty boy!

(And it shows security is as tight as it ever was when I used to work there :lol: )

[url=http://www.heresyminiatures.com/buyit.htm]Heresy Miniatures - Never knowingly nominated for anything...![/url]
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Heresy_Bloke wrote:Yes - I heard you were selling them in the GW car park. Naughty boy!

(And it shows security is as tight as it ever was when I used to work there :lol: )
Well GW had hardly any GW BB stock in their store. I was just providing a service to their frustrated customers! 8)

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

Just like to say I wasn't the one that split on you Tritex and I will tell you that the one that did had a beard! ;)

Good to meet you both. And in case I'm one of the names you forgot, Andy, then I'm the non-spanish one who started the pending spree and pusuaded his friends to buy the last of only FF ogres you brought with you!

And to everyone I met, talked to, played, annoyed, bored or whatever reaction you had to me, thanks! I had a blinder of a weekend. (even if my bank account may now think differently!)

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Tritex wrote:
Heresy_Bloke wrote:Yes - I heard you were selling them in the GW car park. Naughty boy!

Well GW had hardly any GW BB stock in their store. I was just providing a service to their frustrated customers! 8)
Out of curiosity do you mean that they had very little sitting on shelves in the store or that they had very little in stock down stairs too. (The usual procedure is that you can 'mail order' anything that's not on the shelf and they then bring it up for you.)

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Heresy_Bloke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heresy_Bloke »

They had one rack of blisters in the store, which is approx 16x 6 blisters, IIRC. Might be 20 x 6. With 200 people attending the tournament, i was amazed that no-one had thought to order in a few extra blisters for that weekend. Andy Hall was pretty bemused about it too, and I don't blame him. He'd asked them specifically.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

One rack of blisters? Pathetic.

I'm glad that you and Tritex cleaned up. The Deathball figs are incredibley good, much better than any GW releases over the last couple of years. And good for you for selling right in the GW parking lot Tritex. :D

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Andy-
You are quite welcome. I just wish that either of the pubs were serving proper food so you could have had a meal instead of just snacks.

Chairface-
As one department of GW doesn't really talk to another (think Skaven politics and you wouldn't go far wrong), the Warhammer World store treats Blood Bowl weekend just like any other and keeps the bare minimum of Blood Bowl in the shop. In this case, it means one shelf with about 14 team packs and a few blisters on the side. Even if the store wanted to stock up for the weekend, it would mean talking to the factory side to get the stock. This involves going up a chain of command then back down the other side and no one involved just refusing the request in a fit of pique. That's just the start of the problems...

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

So beaureacracy and red tape.....

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Hmm, ok. I can understand that it would have been better, presentation wise, to have more on display in the shop. But I don't see what the problem is with having to order what you wanted from the mail order department and wait a few minutes for them to pack it into a box and bring it up to the shop for you.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Mordredd wrote:Hmm, ok. I can understand that it would have been better, presentation wise, to have more on display in the shop. But I don't see what the problem is with having to order what you wanted from the mail order department and wait a few minutes for them to pack it into a box and bring it up to the shop for you.
I saw a few people enquiring on teams and staff told them they could possibly get them tomorrow but were not certain. None seemed to be able to be served in Minutes?? :roll:

Maybe the idea just wasn't working in practice. Also not all lines were on display, only about 6 out of all the teams were on show....So much for browsing! :cry:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Hmm, ok. I can understand that it would have been better, presentation wise, to have more on display in the shop. But I don't see what the problem is with having to order what you wanted from the mail order department and wait a few minutes for them to pack it into a box and bring it up to the shop for you.
As an example, there were no copies of the Blood Bowl novels on sale in the shop. Period. If they had one copy of each on display at the beginning of the weekend, they certainly did not have any stocked or restocked at any point beyond then. There were none in the racks this morning either (Monday morning). Dan Titan was looking for book two and did not even know about book three. I told him about book three. The shop staff did not know their titles. He put in an order as 'Blood Bowl Book 2' and 'Blood Bowl Book 3', then it took several hours to get delivered to the shop. As many gamer purchases are made on impulse, it only hurt sales in the end.

For an example of successful impulse selling/shopping, see Andy's first post at the top of the thread.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Re: Thanks to all the people I met at the tourney!

Post by browwnrob »

Heresy_Bloke wrote: especially those of you who spent a great deal of money with me in the pub car park on sunday night! God bless the spanish team!
:o :o :o

:wink:

its always the spanish... and now we know the real reson heresybloke went to the BB :wink: :P

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Andy didn't go the BB to sell minis... He went to the post-BB get together at the White Hart to sell minis.

There was also another group making an 'impact' with sales in the beer garden as well :wink: