Announcing the NAF World Cup 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Announcing the NAF World Cup 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007

Post by CyberHare »

Yes ladies and gents it's true. In October of 2007 (The dates for the THREE day event are 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007) the NAF will hold the first NAF World Cup event and it's going to be huge. Over the coming weeks and months we'll be releasing details and filling you all in on the specifics of the event as they become confirmed but here's what I can tell you all for certain right here and now. Mark off your calendars and save up those pennies because if you miss this one you'll have to wait until 2011 to experience an event like this again!

The event will be held over a 4 day period. The first day will be a day of seminars, orientation, one off games, painting competitions, meeting old friends & making new ones. The next three days will see some of the best blood bowl that the world has ever seen. The UK, the birthplace of Blood Bowl, has been chosen as the host nation for these inaugural games. For three days in March teams from across the globe will descend on the UK to decide who will hold the national title of NAF World Cup Champions for the next 4 years. Heaven help us if it's Spain because we'll never hear the end of it :wink: :lol:

The tournament itself will consist of 2 parts or rather 2 events running at the same time. The central event will be the World Cup and will consist of 9 games, 3 games per day. Three days and nights of Blood Bowl mayhem will mean this event will be as much about stamina and the ability to hold ones ale as it is about skill on the pitch. Blowing chunks on your opponents team will have to be some kind of red card penalty :)

The second part of the tournament will be an open side tournement for coaches who are not part of the national teams.

At the center of this Blood Bowl mayhem for the next year will be the official world cup web site http://www.nafworldcup.com. No it's not completed at the moment. You can visit it but it's still under construction. It's hoped the site will be completed in the near future. The plan is to test the site by running it through the North American Team event to work out the bugs before opening it up full steam for the World Cup. To that end if anyone is interested in helping out with the web site we're looking for people who can program in PHP and people to do the graphics. If you are interested in helping out PM me here and we'll put you to work. The pay stinks and the hours are long but the fringe benefits are... well ok there are no fringe benefits either but we'll appreciate the help :)

As for the national teams and how they will be formed that is still as yet to be 100% determined. When that information becomes available your local NTO will start putting out the word as to what needs to be done in your area to get yourself on your national team. Don't start PMing them now because this is the first they're hearing about this as well.

That's about it for now. Questions - Comments -Discussion.... all are welcomed.

[Edit - Changed the dates in the post to show the finalised dates - Darkson]

Reason: ''
Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

TEAM SCOTLAND!!!!!!!

First the Eurobowl, ...

THEN THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! 8)

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

So Scotland won't be there again! :roll:

Go Holland! :D

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

Cool idea ! :D

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

I just hope it won't be organized/usurped by GW....

But glad to see that it is taking off.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Very cool

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Draco wrote:So Scotland won't be there again! :roll:
Was you personnaly at the Eurobowl this year Mark? :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Valen wrote:
Draco wrote:So Scotland won't be there again! :roll:
Was you personnaly at the Eurobowl this year Mark? :lol: :lol:
No, I have my slaves to do the job for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

I hope there is enough time for all of the 57 German qualification tourneys till the World Cup.

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Gorbad wrote:I just hope it won't be organized/usurped by GW....
Indigo and myself are running this one. GW has nothing to do with organizing this historic event it so it will actually be done right :wink:

I do have a question to throw out to the floor though. It is possible that we'll be holding this event at Warhammer World in Nottingham. There has been some concern expressed about the choice of that venue. Concern that it's too far out of the way. Hard to get to without an airport. Concern that the tables are cramped and the space generally uncomfortable. Considering this is going to be a 4 day event comfort is a genuine consideration. So the question is, are people willing to pay a little more for a more centrally located more comfortable venue or is a cheaper ticket price of paramount concern? Obviously we want to find the best of both worlds but if it comes down to a choice which way are people leaning? Comfort or cost?

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

CyberHare wrote:Obviously we want to find the best of both worlds but if it comes down to a choice which way are people leaning? Comfort or cost?
Considering that if I go to a tourney in England, it already costs a lot of money, so if 20 EUR more gets me a better location, sure.

grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

I'll prefer a good place near london. Something as a Hotel with a big Main Hall. Not too expensive considering that a part of the comunity is student or has not much resources. But something like 150 pounds for the whole event including bed, meals and the ticket itself...would be very reasonable.

Regards

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I think when you factor in the cost of getting to Nottingham from London that staying in London might actually be about the same cost in total.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

It could be...but why not another place...it doesnt need to bee Nott. The south of England is pretty cool...and more sunny...is it too expensive too?

We can always do the WC in spain, cheaper than UK :P

Anyway, you get my thought. We need something that from assuming we reach a British airport, we dont need to spend more than 150-200 pounds. So with the flight be less than 300 pounds...for a spanish this is A LOT of money for 4 days BB mayhem ;)

As example, the BB cost me last year around 160-170 pounds including everything (flight, car rent, ticket, meals etc). But if we are planning some kind of congress it means we are sleeping in a "good" hotel and more nights than in the BB...so it'll be more expensive.

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

If you want easy international access I'd have thought that Birmingham or Manchester would be the most obvious places to start looking. Both have reasonable sized international airports, are easy to get to from London (for those who can't fly directly to the city's airport) and will no doubt be a good deal cheaper for all concerned than London ever would be.

Having said that I'd be perfectly happy with Nottingham myself.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?