Player Development

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Player Development

Post by High & Mighty »

Does anyone know if any stat increase is able to be used as a double to pick any skill or still only doubles. Someone in another thread (on Beatmen I think) said this was possible but I can not find anything about this in rules.

So for example, can an 11 be used as an any skill? Or a 6+4=10?

Reason: ''
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

That is correct.

Post by neoliminal »

If you roll a 6+4, then you can take any regular skill instead of the Agility.

John -

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks.

Post by High & Mighty »

Much thanks. Any idea where this is written? I thought so and a coach in my league did also but when he tried and another coach challenged, I could not find it. While as commish, my word is law or you meet the sword, I thought it would at least be nice to point out the important section. Not in DZ under skill rolls or doubles. Not in Adobe updates in the skill part or either of the Q&A. Oh where oh where has it gone?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

10 is MA. :P

Been doing this wrong forever... :oops:
Here's the way we've always played:

6+4= MA
5+5= MA or double choice
5+6= AG
6+6= ST or double choice

Oh well, the AG3 Skeleton has been doing alright! :D

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Neo - you should put that in the Q&A, I don't think most people know of that rule.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

This ruling is especially important if you get a SPP roll that would give you +3 to a stat (like would happen if I roll 11 for my Runner's next upgrade).

Simple fix: Any stat upgrade may be exchanged for a normally allowed skill. Traits and out of category skills may be taken if the roll was a double.

Throw that into a Q&A and it clears up the whole question.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

I'm with you Thadrin ... you are allowed to pick any skill, or the skill upgrade to MO, AG and ST gained on a 10,11,12 roll. I have always played like that, but in this online league we are playing, the NetBowl tourney, they all agreed that if you roll 10+, you'll get only the MO,AG,ST upgrades. (so there is two chaos warriors at a team with +1MO at the moment)

btw - welcome High & Mighty ... it was your first post! :)

regards

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Just an FYI, High & Mighty.

The is basically that any roll that results in a stat increase that is not desired (+1 AG on a Mummy) or that cannot be used (3rd +1 MA on Gutter Runner) can be used as if it were a normal skill roll.

Due to an oversight, this rule missed the Adobe Acrobat file. However, both Acerak and Neominal who are part of the committee that made the rules for the Adodbe file agree that it should be in there. So print out the statement from Neominal if you need proof to your league.

Anyone who plays GW games knows that their materials are cursed to be forever filled with errors and missing sentences .... this just happens to be one of the items that the curse hit this time around.

Galak

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Thanks everyone. You have saved my coach's Saurus from being doomed to a life of MV7 :D After eight games, all he ever wanted was block.

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I don't know where the text in question went, but I know for fact it was supposed to be there! In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was present in an earlier version of the Adobe files before it was mysteriously left behind.

That's about all I can offer you!

-Chet

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Thanks everyone. You have saved my coach's Saurus from being doomed to a life of MV7. After eight games, all he ever wanted was block.

What? How could he pass up the opportunity to develop the world's first Shadowing Saurus???

:)

-Chet

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Mmmmm shadowing saurus... *gurgle*

Saves you a dodge roll =)