Hotel liaison

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Hotel liaison

Post by Danny »

I know this is up there with Leicester winning the premiere league in terms of long shots, but has anyone been in contact with the hotel in regards to a chance of refunds? The confirmation emails obviously say no refunds.

Reason: ''
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Hotel liaison

Post by Loki »

Obvioulsy there is a good chance that NAFC may be impacted but unless you have information that's not been published on TFF or NAF website - the NAFC has not been cancelled yet. I think it would be prudent to let things progress in their own time i.e. let's let the NAF talk to De Vere rather than lots of worried people trying to phone the hotel.

I'm sure a formal NAF statement will be forthcoming in due course.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

If the hotel were to cancel I think there would be good grounds for refunds or, at least, credit for next time.

However, let's not panic. Let the organisers do their job.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

I have no insider knowledge, but since we've been told to stop all non-essential travel and social contact I have no idea how this can go ahead.

Credit for next time would be nice, I guess it's tricky for them as they are going to hugely suffer (along with the rest of the tourism and hospitality industry) this year and probably can't afford to.

zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

I would start checking your travel insurance. Although I see that some insurance companies are starting to wiggle out of cover.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

leap wrote:I have no insider knowledge, but since we've been told to stop all non-essential travel and social contact I have no idea how this can go ahead.

Credit for next time would be nice, I guess it's tricky for them as they are going to hugely suffer (along with the rest of the tourism and hospitality industry) this year and probably can't afford to.
It’s over a month away, I know it’s fairly unlikely much will have changed for the better but there’s time to sort things out properly.

Them not being able to provide the service we’ve paid for is a probable reality but let’s wait for a proper statement.

At least you’re not in the hole for a near £2k family holiday to Legoland for your daughters 6th birthday.

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

https://www.devere.co.uk/covid-19/state ... om-devere/

If I’m reading that right they are now allowing refunds on advance rates up to June 30.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Thanks guys. See the post in the main thread re. the postponement of the event. Any booking you have made with the De Vere hotel will be automatically brought over to the new dates in 2021. But should you wish to contact them for a refund they are making refunds available to those that want.

Sad. Face.

I have the con.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I've just had an email from the hotel confirming booking for 15 May 2021. :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95