The NAF Championships 30 Apr/1 May 2022 - POSTPONED until 2022

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: The NAF Championships 2020 - POSTPONED until 15/16 May 2021

Post by lunchmoney »

janninu wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm For us coming from abroad, this is looking more and more unlikely - when will organizing team have a cut-off to take a decision?

Thanks,

Jean
lunchmoney wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:35 pm I know no one knows what is going to be happening in 5 months time, but I'm curious to know what the cut off point is for postponing again?
I've had a reply that the team are in communication with the venue. No further info was given, so no dates yet :(

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Alchemist
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Alchemist »

lunchmoney wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm I've alerted some folk and, hopefully, they'll be in contact asap to sort you out :)
Many thanks lunchmoney, all sorted now.

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

Alchemist wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 am I have sent emails requesting a refund because I cannot make the 2021 date to the but haven't received a reply. Can anyone reading help out?
It does highlight an issue with tournaments using friends and family via PayPal and not goods and services. F&F is not designed for this type of thing and PayPal will say it is against their T&Cs.
A lot of tournaments make no money, though, or lose money - add another 3.4% + 20p per ticket and that’s a lot more money to lose. Unless people want to pay more for the ticket?

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

leap wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 amA lot of tournaments make no money, though, or lose money - add another 3.4% + 20p per ticket and that’s a lot more money to lose. Unless people want to pay more for the ticket?
That's fair enough - the issue is the lack of communication about it. Even a "We've got no news at the moment - we're working on it. Hold on about refunds until we're in a better position to answer" would be useful.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Ya, the comms are quiet right now....
It's entirely possible the 2021 event will be cancelled as well, so the ticket money will hold over until 2022. I'm not involved, so this is just me talking.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

howlinggriffon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:42 am
leap wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 amA lot of tournaments make no money, though, or lose money - add another 3.4% + 20p per ticket and that’s a lot more money to lose. Unless people want to pay more for the ticket?
That's fair enough - the issue is the lack of communication about it. Even a "We've got no news at the moment - we're working on it. Hold on about refunds until we're in a better position to answer" would be useful.
Totally agree. The first NAFC I joined I was confused by never getting any kind of acknowledgment that they had the money. I was told by other people that was normal. I guess it’s a fairly big event and the organisers don’t have that much time - but it only takes a minute post a quick update.

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 am Ya, the comms are quiet right now....
It's entirely possible the 2021 event will be cancelled as well, so the ticket money will hold over until 2022. I'm not involved, so this is just me talking.
I’d be amazed if there was a 2021 NAFC

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

With today's news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56158405 the nafc will still be illegal on this date :(

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

The NAFC for 2021 will be postponed until 2022.

Full details regarding the new date, & whether bookings will be transferred over etc will follow later this week, once we have received official confirmation from the venue.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Leipziger wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:23 pm The NAFC for 2021 will be postponed until 2022.

Full details regarding the new date, & whether bookings will be transferred over etc will follow later this week, once we have received official confirmation from the venue.
Really disappointed that this couldn't have been resolved for a date further in the year instead of another year postponement.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

nonumber wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 pm
Leipziger wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:23 pm The NAFC for 2021 will be postponed until 2022.

Really disappointed that this couldn't have been resolved for a date further in the year instead of another year postponement.
What makes you think it would be possible later this year?

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Re: The NAF Championships 2020 - POSTPONED until 2022

Post by nonumber »

Edit -

I slapped up a bit ol' response this morning that was long winded and laced with bitterness.

To summarise, I'm sure everyone did the best they could and I'm disappointed not to see the NAFC for another year. Peace to all.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Hi Everyone

Just to officially confirm; we now have the communication we needed from the Venue to move the event to 2022. The new dates are April 30th to May 1st 2022.

The key information you need to know!:

You can still sign up for the event! Paypal details in the original post
If you booked a hotel room for the 2020 event this has been automatically moved to the new dates for you.

If you would like a refund for the event ticket please email "thenafchampionship@gmail.com", include the email address you sent the paypal payment from and we will sort this asap.
If you would like a refund for the hotel room please contact the De Vere Hotel and they will refund the card you paid with.

-------------

Thank you all for bearing with us. To discuss the possibility of moving the event to a later date in 2021, this is something we did consider. Unfortunately, due to the gradual easing of restrictions in the UK and the possibility of these changing we felt we couldn't risk holding an event that could potentially be capped at less than 150 people, which would cause the event to run at a big loss.

We really held out hope that the NAFC could be held in May 2021, or later in the year and were excited by the prospect of it being one of the first big events to come back after the pandemic. However the financial risk this would expose us (and the NAF!) too was to great to take this chance.

I hope you all understand, but we hope make the NAFC 2022 a brilliant return to form! :)

I have the con.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Back to my birthday weekend :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: The NAF Championships 30 Apr/1 May 2022 - POSTPONED until 2022

Post by lunchmoney »

Are there going to be any changes to the rules pack to reflect the Second Season edition?

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com