Blood Bowl GT 2008 - early info

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Sarcasm is STILL the lowest form dave!! :wink:

Reason: ''
A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Tournaments...

Post by BigD »

Sorry guys, my fault! I should have looked around a bit more before posting. Just pissed with GW and their BS at the moment and vented steam before I should have read.

Glad to see NAF is sanctioning and encouraging tournaments on the same weekend. If i wasn't immigrating back from the United Kingdom to Australia I'd have probably gone just for a 'final' game as it were over here.

Thanks guys and sorry bout that. I'll get my foot out of my mouth now

BigD

Canales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Canales »

Lycos wrote:That is slightly worrying because I can see it... can you not?
Sorry guys, I probably misread that. I could not see it in the Tourneys page and created my own snowball.

This whole situation is really frustrating. Since I could not take part in the NAF World Cup, I wanted to visit the Warhammer World before the BB GT ceases to exist. I bought the plain tickets about a month ago, before GW announced its new (expletive) policy...

I will talk to the other 3 guys who are flying with me to London. We have to rent a car anyway, so perhaps we can stop in Manchester instead of Nottingham. However, I think right now there is a 95% of chances we will attend the BB GT. As I said earlier, I am very much convinced this will be my first and last trip to the Warhammer World, unless the World Cup is held there in the future, of course.

Just ranting because I chose the worst time to go there...

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Hey Canales.. my personal opinion is the BB will be great fun. I admit there is a group who want to do their own thing, ok, we are all grown ups, they are allowed too.

But we will still be in Nottm. Dont forget something, the vocal ones are usually the unhappy ones and on this forum, never more so than when GW are involved.
There are more players that dont post on TBB but will be at the BB than all of those you see posting negative stuff. Dont worry.

And another thing... there are some plans to have some very cool extras at the GT and if you aint there.....you will miss out. More soon.

TFF mod team
Canales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Canales »

Coming from you, those words are reassuring. My only regret then should be missing some of the TBB fellows in my first foreign tourney.
Lycos wrote: And another thing... there are some plans to have some very cool extras at the GT and if you aint there.....you will miss out. More soon.
I hope "soon" translates into "really soon". :)

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Lycos wrote:Hey Canales.. my personal opinion is the BB will be great fun. I admit there is a small group who want to do their own thing, ok, we are growns up, they are allowed too.
Now whos recruiting? Pot kettle :wink: :lol:
Lycos wrote:And another thing... there are some plans to have some very cool extras at the GT and if you aint there.....you will miss out. More soon.
Which no doubt will be on ebay on the Monday so dont worry too much :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

LMAO on both of those in fairness!

TFF mod team
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Lycos wrote: And another thing... there are some plans to have some very cool extras at the GT and if you aint there.....you will miss out. More soon.
It's not a picture of the NAF President in a bikini is it? :-?

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Canales wrote:Coming from you, those words are reassuring. My only regret then should be missing some of the TBB fellows in my first foreign tourney.
I hope "soon" translates into "really soon". :)
Good to hear you are going to the GT Canales. It will be fun and the beer is good. I have about 10 fumbblers staying at my house that weekend so we will be there in force.

And don't worry about Valen and Lucifer not being there. The real reason they are holding their tourney is that they are a bunch of noobs and want a chance to win something. :D ;) For example, ask Valen about the game that we played, where I had dark elves and he had guard laden dwarves... /me waits for the expletives....

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

PeteW wrote:..and he had guard laden dwarves...
Gav? Powergaming?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In all fairness, Gav is a crap dwarf coach - I managed to beat him AND out cas him with Skaven. :wink:

*Darkson starts to run now*

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Your all a bunch of t**ts :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Lycos wrote: And another thing... there are some plans to have some very cool extras at the GT and if you aint there.....you will..... .

HAVE AVOIDED PAYING THROUGH THE NOSE FOR IT..... and as said elsewhere be able to collect them as bargains a week or so later (assuming they are worthwhile)

Dave I have to ask, as the NAF president, shouldn't you be behind both tournaments as they are both sanctioned?

I read your post and it seemed you considered the Roze Bowl as a bit of a joke when taken against the BB. We have valid reasons for going to Manchester versus Nottingham and if you disagreed why would you bother to sanction it....

(no wait let me guess, is it because you are after increased members and/or cash - like a mini GW in the making).

Speaking of which, I may need to renew my membership whilst I am there. As a sanctioned event who will be around from the NAF to help me out....?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Now this is what I was worried about.

This should NOT devide the community. People have their own reasons for going or not going to either event.

I ask everyone to show some respect for peoples decission.

This must not develop into an "your either with us or against us" argument.

Word to Your Mother.
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

All Dave is doing is promoting the GT which Naf are helping to run. As he says plenty of us are still going to the BB and it will still be a good event for players to come to - nothing wrong with that. I hope Geoff,Gav etc have just as good a time at their tournament , and I'm sure they will.

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger