Blood Bowl GT 2008 - early info

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Any idea if this years tourney will use the same set of rules as previous years yet?

I'm in the process of choosing which team to paint up and the sooner I know the rules the sooner I'll be able to decide which race to go for.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Pretty similar to last years - rules are in the last stage before printing.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

So is there a date set fior ticket release yet?

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

shaniepoo wrote:So is there a date set fior ticket release yet?
First post in this thread...
mattwhile wrote:Just found out the dates for 2008. It is the weekend of the 10th and 11th may. Tickets go on sale 15th february at £55.

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, but you can't expect hippies to read all of the thread, man!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Don't look on the Events diary page for any info, it's not there (at least at the moment). :roll:

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

GW - we lube you up first... Really!

Post by BigD »

So let me get this right, GW is running a BloodBowl Tournament but this year they've upped the price to £55 and decided to pull all individual miniatures and NAF won't saction/support another tournament on the same weekend?

For starters we're getting screwed by GW directly on both counts and it sounds like we're all just going to lube ourselves up and take it.

Then NAF? Come on? Okay, maybe we didn't know we were going to be shafted so early in the year but after this its surely time to consider supporting another tournament the same weekend if there is enough interest. It would tell GW that the BloodBowl community is pissed at them and another tournament I'm sure will be appreciated where ever it is.

I'd have liked to check it out as my last tournament in the UK but alas that weekend I'll be in Singapore enjoying sun, heat and just chilling out. Still its on GW premises and these days that would be like stepping onto unholy ground!

BigD

Marc
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GW - we lube you up first... Really!

Post by Marc »

BigD wrote: and NAF won't saction/support another tournament on the same weekend?
BigD
?
The Roze Bowl and all other tournaments on this weekend (m@hobbit massacre, BLOCK V and 4 Diamonds Cup) are NAF approved. Take a look at the section Tourneys on the NAF site.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Darkson wrote:Don't look on the Events diary page for any info, it's not there (at least at the moment). :roll:
And the reason for this? The events page isn't being updated, as it's due to be replaced by a new web system.

Great!

Doesn't help if you're just browsing for info.

So, you need to go to the Warhammer World blog : http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/

But, unless I'm mising something, the blog's not linked to from te Events/Community pages.

Which means unless you already know about the tourney, you're not going to be able to find the info.

:roll:

Canales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Canales »

Looking at the way events are turning lately, I just checked the NAF website and to my suprise, I found out the BB GT is not included among the NAF-sanctioned tourneys.

Hopefully that is simply an oversight, not a sign of the current relations between GW and the NAF! :S

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Well i'll be at the Roze Bowl. GW ain't getting my money

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Canales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Canales »

To be honest the only reason I will be going to the BB GT is because I have never been to the Warhammer World, and I think I should go while there is still a BB tourney around... Not sure this will be true for much longer. :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Canales wrote:Looking at the way events are turning lately, I just checked the NAF website and to my suprise, I found out the BB GT is not included among the NAF-sanctioned tourneys.

Hopefully that is simply an oversight, not a sign of the current relations between GW and the NAF! :S
It's there: http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?module= ... iew&id=632

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: GW - we lube you up first... Really!

Post by Lycos »

BigD wrote:So let me get this right, GW is running a BloodBowl Tournament but this year they've upped the price to £55 and decided to pull all individual miniatures and NAF won't saction/support another tournament on the same weekend?
BigD
Um, as the NAF Prez, I am not sure what to say to this. The Roze bowl was sanctioned weeks ago... ask Valen and Lucifer. Hmm. Not sure what else I can add really?

TFF mod team
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Canales wrote:Looking at the way events are turning lately, I just checked the NAF website and to my suprise, I found out the BB GT is not included among the NAF-sanctioned tourneys.
That is slightly worrying because I can see it... can you not?

TFF mod team