ticket

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Duke Jan wrote:And bits of paper with stick figures on them.
Oh, you've seen my tourney team for this year? ;)

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Don't panic guys. Through the grapevine I've heard that only a relatively small number of tickets have been sold to GCN members as of this morning, so availability (luckily) hasn't been impacted too much ( if at all, members of GCN clubs in all probability buy that many tickets annually anyway).
That's not the point though, I do object strongly to the principle of this (and have raised it). We'll see what comes of the discussion.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

Guess i'll see you all there then :wink:

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Darkson wrote:
Duke Jan wrote:And bits of paper with stick figures on them.
Oh, you've seen my tourney team for this year? ;)
hope you used colour coded crayons

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Tournament...

Post by BigD »

Maybe this is a dumb question but how many tickets are there this year? I'm checking my chances of making it assuming I still remember how to play :-)

BigD

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i assume 200

hope to see you there dav, long time no see

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: Tournament...

Post by Deathwing »

BigD wrote:Maybe this is a dumb question but how many tickets are there this year? I'm checking my chances of making it assuming I still remember how to play :-)

BigD
Bloody hell Dav, there's a blast from the past! Hope to see you there mate. :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Hope to see you all there, interesting to see how many tickets are sold and people turn up!

Besters

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

besters wrote:Hope to see you all there, interesting to see how many tickets are sold and people turn up!

Besters
That would indeed be interesting.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

First time I have seen this thread and been right over all 8 pages in go.

I feel a bit bad for "Clusters" as he seemed to be getting a verbal kicking over something that was hardly his fault on the first few pages. The fact the GCN (who I have never even heard of before) were offered this is hardly a fault of his and he shouldnt have been put in a position where he felt he needed to defend himself. As a community, we should be above that sort of thing.

The issue is as we all agree, GW. I have been generally defensive on thier part over the last few years but this whole thread has really staggered me. Thier stupidity as a business in the last 12 months has been quite remarkable.

I hope, accepting that I not one of them, that those who, ahem, "know people in GW" can perhaps have a word and make sure such a daft thing doesnt happen again.

GW rightly see this as a prestigous event and in that scenario, the tickets should be open to all at the same time regardless of nationality or any other game they play. The fact that the majority of tickets are still available is very fortunate.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

cluster wrote:
besters wrote:Hope to see you all there, interesting to see how many tickets are sold and people turn up!

Besters
Not half as interesting as seeing how many players turn up from the hot bed of Blood Bowl activity that is the GCN. :wink: :wink:

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

lucifer wrote:
cluster wrote:

Besters
Not half as interesting as seeing how many players turn up from the hot bed of Blood Bowl activity that is the GCN. :wink: :wink:
You just can't help it can you. Doesn't matter how many winks you put after it.

In an earlier post, I said that even though the tickets were on sale early I doubted many would go and only the people that bought tickets most years would get them early, page two I think.

Well looks like thats the case, all the people making comments about not getting tickets - they should be ok. I think it would be interesting to see how many now don't turn up and whether this justifies the critisim of the GW policy. Whether that policy is right or wrong is up to whoever to sort out.

Why you felt you had to belittle the GCN with that last comment I don't know. The one thing I have come away with from this whole situation is the impression that certain parts of the BB community seem to look at others who don't play BB to the level they do as not worthy. I have always looked at myself as a gamer, not a 40K'er and WFB'er or a Bloodbowler. Some people play all games, some play one game. But all should be looked upon as equal in the eyes of each other. The CGN might not be a hot bed of bloodbowl activity, but those of us who do play it love to play it just as much as you do and enjoy it just as much as you do and will be trying our best just as much as you and our part at this years BB should be valued no less than anyone elses.

I have said my bit, and I hope you all get tickets. I hope this doesn't put you off coming next year and I hope you sort it out with GW, then maybe next year I can play as one of you, an equal and not just as that arse who is in the GCN.

Laters.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Sorry Clusters but I couldn't help having a sly dig at the overall situation created by GW's policy decision and you continually harping on about the GCN being so active in BB (and before you get it into your paranoid head then NO! this unhappiness with the situation, like everything else in the previous 8 pages, is not a dig at the GCN - please understand this and change the record or you risk becoming the arse you postulate yourself to be).

Like you, I am an all-round gamer but objected to the potential removal of 50% of the tickets from being on sale to all. I saw this not as a mechanism of rewarding the GCN for liasing closely with GW but as an exclusion of those who did not. This I deemed to be unfair on the vast number of individual international coaches who have always turned up at, and supported, the BB/Resurrection from its inception to the current day yet cannot be part of the GCN organisation due to their geographic location.

As the pre-sale has been a bit of a damp squib, and the number of tickets publically available isn't drastically different to last year, then I would be surprised if anyone "took the hump" at the policy itself and stayed away. Reading between the lines I think the decision makers are aware of the strong feeling generated by this policy and will take this into account when they review the decision for next year. In answer to your query, yes, I believe most people who want to be there will be.

cluster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cluster »

Lucifier mate - I am all up for a bit of sarcastic banter/digging, I am one of the most sarcastic people I know. But the trouble with a media such as this is it's sometimes hard to tell, even with the winking and to be honest your couple of posts have been closer to the mark than most others and I am one of those people that just has to respond, so there you go. As for harping - well I thought this was a forum, free for all to harp away (even if they are in danger of being considered an arse), and respond to comment. Also (one last thing), I never said the GCN were "so active" in Bloodbowl, I just reffered to our own activeness, and mentioned that others maybe the same.

I will now read your posts with the intended pinch of salt and consider the record changed (as long as you change yours too and chill out :wink: :wink: )

I think this topic has now been resolved, we all agree GW have been a bit thick (even though I think they thought their intentions were good), Someone is going to have a chat with them, it will all get sorted and we can have a jolly good laugh over it in Bugman's and play some Bloodbowl. I may even bring up my four way DungeonBowl board for evening entertainment (you can see it on our web-site, if we can fit it in the car that is).

Cheers

P.S. you're never alone with paranoia. :wink:

Told you I always like to respond, this could go on forever could'nt it.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

cluster wrote:Told you I always like to respond, this could go on forever could'nt it.
*casting his fishing rod out*

Yes.

;-)