Team name needed! and some more fluff.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Team name needed! and some more fluff.

Post by Al the Trowel »

Hey all

at the Blood Bowl I will be mostly playing with Goblins. And with a bit of luck using Indigo's fantastic Xmas Goblins. Since there not my minis I think it's presumptuous of me to write fluff for them that may forever be associated with them. So I want all you guys to do it for me.

So what do I need - I need names for each player, with a little personal history. I want all the players named after TBB people, so use your own name and give a little potted bio of how you came to be on the TBB Xmas Goblin team. Best on pitch and off pitch achievements etc. Use your imagination (and save me using mine :wink: )

I need a team name too - If I get some good suggestions I'll set up a poll so that we can vote on which one to go with.

As stars are allowed if you want to be a Nobbla or Fungus clone or one of the other Gobbo stars you can. I'm going to base my team selection on the ideas I get for the Fluff. So if I get a Star Player heavy, Ripper boosted team that's what I'll take.

So guys my NAF rating is in your hands.
(But please no Varag, he costs 640k under the BB rules)

PS has anyone some pics of the minis they can post and give people some inspiration?

Reason: ''
[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Hows this to start you off:

"Coach asks for a few words, so here goes. 'Mudball' Furelli is me. Liked game of Blood Bowl since being very small, not that i'm much bigger now.
Had two good seasons recently, granted as a sub. But least still living, which is more than some i've seen.
Me special play is the nose to ground distraction. "

Furelli

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Hacksaw Valen reporting for duty! I started 3 yearz ago when i waz a wee fella. I got my big break last year, wen me bud put hiz own heed off with that saw thingy. Da boss givez me the saw thingy, and since then i az been cutting peepz up wiz it. Itz soooo cool. I once even cut a heed rit off, well almost off, well I took a chunk out f his ear. :)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Herez Daft Dave.

How I wuz pulled into thiz team of looniez I dunno but one mornin I findz myself all drezed up in Blood Bowl gear. Ze last thing I knowz waz walking toward a big white light and falling into zome pit. Now I am ze one hurling my little green team matez around ze field, hurzing opponentz for them and rezieving mozt of ze blowz.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Thud Rain.

Wot iz I doin' up 'ere at da norf pole...well...first I earded about all these presents and fings, and so I sed to da ladz "we should go up dere and grab dere stuff." SO I went off, but da ladz all got too cold and turned back.

When I got 'ere i found out that some uvver git 'ad already got 'ere and turned 'em over. I din't wanna look daft so I stayed 'ere. Now I iz one uv da ladz, and I plays on da Blood Bowl team. I always liked blowin' stuff up...so dey gave me a big bag wiv some bombs in and I frow 'em around. 'S how I gots my name - fings wot go thud ranin' down on yerz.

Wozzat? wot we called...dunno...but we gots this motto "You'd better watch out..."

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

duh ere's bonechruncha evil git da very crimbo like yet stoopid troll. i came to da norf pole after i answered an advert in the paper wanting *achoo* extra help in luggin a bloomin sleigh around. I've got a cold *achoo* all the time which gives me a red nose and the prezzie giver-outer thought i could help im find his way in da dark. dunno why that might be though *achoo*

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Cool so far

2 Trolls - 200K
Bomber - 160K
Chainsaw - 160K
1 Goblin - 40K

Total - 580K

Needed 6 Goblins (min) 240K (820 cumulative total)
Rerolls 2
FF 6

I think this is a roster destined not to do so well, but sounds like fun :lol:
Could ditch a Reroll and some FF to pick the Loon or the Pogo stick.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Cudbe Dangerous

Well known in referring circles as that nasty gobbo who kicks people while they are down. Invariably only plays one or 2 turns a game since he brags abnout his exploits before during and after games. Hence even the dumbest of refs is likely to send him off if he as much as sneezes in the direction of an opponent.

Others have stated that Cudbe is the brightest gobbo alive - playing for such a short period has certainly extended his playing career!

Dave

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Duble skulz - Eyemd da ardes gobbo at da pol. Me ead iz so ard da trollz uz me az a klubb. Doh I fink da bozz tuld dem ta chuk me downe da pitck. Anwey az long az eye get ta it stuff or kik stuff eye dunt kare. Dats wat Blud Bol iz al abut anwey.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Lol I thought this was going to be one of those things where everyone writes one word of the fluff, with each person afterwards contributing another word to continue the story :D

And you're welcome to use them again :)

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

BTW the stuff I have painted, not counting what you've already got, includes 8 gobbos, the pogostick and a fanatic.

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Cheers Indigo

It needs a Goblin team captain ... care to contribute?

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

the model or the fluff? :)

I'll have a think - my thrower gobbo with the pelt over his shoulder is the closest thing I have to a captain so I'll do him.

does this mean my team will be a contender for best painted? :)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Indigo wrote: does this mean my team will be a contender for best painted? :)
No, because evryone knows that it'll be the Hashrats or whatever Anthony is bringing. As per usual.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Indigo wrote:

does this mean my team will be a contender for best painted?

Thadrin replied
No, because evryone knows that it'll be the Hashrats or whatever Anthony is bringing. As per usual.

does lager clean the paint off minis? Just throwing out a suggestion should it be deemed that someone else should win the painting! :wink:

Dave