League Subforums?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

League Subforums?

Post by Joemanji »

I've noticed there are quite a lot of BB league pages out there. How about offering subforums here at TBB for leagues who wanted them? This could be a great way to engage people in the community, gives leagues more visability and get people excited about BB leagues across their region. Heck, if one league seemed particularly exciting then people might make an effort to travel to it that they might not otherwise have done. None of this is as likely to happen IMO with lots of individual websites and forums, as people aren't going to trawl through all the leagues that often just to see what they are like. If they have a small presence on TBB it might breath that extra bit of life into a league. The high traffic here means people won't have to go out of their way to visit them, or it could attract people who otherwise wouldn't visit TBB. We always need new contributors, and this could breath some new life into the forum.

I know PHP has the option of subforums, so this wouldn't even need to clutter up the main index page. Just have one forum leading to all the mini forums.

Oh, I know there has been vague talk of something like this on the NAF site, but that charges a fee and so will never be accessible to all the members of every league.

What do y'all think?

Cheers :)
Joe

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Interesting idea...I run a Yahoo group for my league, which does pretty well at informing my players what's happening (besides the weekly league night). Unfortunately only one other league member is on TBB, and none of the others are interested in it. :(

Reason: ''
---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."