Back 2 the Future

Moderator: TFF Mods

SPIN1
Experienced
Experienced

Back 2 the Future

Post by SPIN1 »

Hi. Just a suggestion about site layout generally. In the 'Tournament Posting' section of this site, past tournaments are mixed with up-coming ones... Would it be more user friendly to shift the thread into 'Tournament Discussions' completely, or into it's corressponding thread in TDs, once that particular tournament has passed. Surely it would sharpen up the TPs area for promoters and clear away some of the way out of date posts. Of course I'm not the one who has to sift through it all! :roll:

Great site imho regardless tho :wink:

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Up-coming tournaments should be stickied, and therefore at the top of the list. once a tourney is over, it should be unstickied.

If that's not happening, blame Draco. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Actually, I've just had a look, and apart from one tournament not stickied, all the tournaments at the top of the page are upcoming ones, and none of them are over, and all the old tournaments are after them, regardless of when they were last posted to.
So I'm not actually sure what you're saying here? :?:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Hi,

I "sift" through the posts in the posting section allready. It's simple. All tournaments that are yet to come are stickied and they are unstickied after a tournament is done. If I forgot one then you can always pm me.

Usually I look into the posting section each monday to unsticky. Whenever I see there is a new post maid in the TP section I look if it's about a new tournament to sticky. So far there were no complaints.

Switching posts from section TP to section TD is not one of my favourites. You can expect all about sign ups in the TP section. All that is more or less chit chat is kept seperate from them in the TD. I found it more simple that way.

But thanks for the heads up! :D

And Simon, don't you have work to do? :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
SPIN1
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SPIN1 »

Oops seemed to have awoken the sleeping giants of TBB. :roll:

Probably me not noticing the 'sticky' and engaging my mouth before brain was in gear. Though can I ask why discussions are allowed in TPs and TDs, would it work better if TP's were just that, single post including rules links and location and TD's handled all entrant names and banter? Or why do we have both sections and cannot just have everything in one section/ tournie heading? (quiet 2day at work)

Seems like a good time also to thank all the unsung heroes behind the scenes at TBB who make it tick so smoothly.... :wink:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

TP is meant for the posting of the tournament (rules etc), and sign-ups, whilst TD is for "any other business" regarding the tourney (rules discussions, lifts and accomdation, trash talk etc.).

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

SPIN1 wrote:sleeping giants of TBB.
:o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ooh, that felt good. oops.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Oops, now you've done it SPIN1. Cyclops is awake and ready to bite! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"