PayPal Donate

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

PayPal Donate

Post by Joemanji »

How long has the "PayPal Donate" Icon been there? How much does it cost to host TBB... how much should we each be paying etc.? :)

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

I was just about to ask.

Nuffle Sucks!
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

well it got put up there yesterday. as for how much you want to donate, i'm sure it's entirely up to you.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I would hope it is entirely up to me! :D :wink: Unless there are some subliminal messages in that logo. :o

I was just interested in a "rough" estimate as to what each members share was. For example, there have been 228514 posts as I type this. If X is the total cost of hosting TBB to date, divide X by 228514 to find out how much it costs JohnnyP each time we post.

I'll happily donate whatever, as I have spent a lot of time here, but I would like to know that I am giving enough. I'll happily pay over the odds (because not everyone will donate), but does that mean £1 or £10? :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

£100 to you Naz :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

I'd say about 5€ is alright for a donation (I haven't done mine yet, but surely will) ... obviously that depends on your funds!

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

All monies accumulated will go to keeping the server and website going. It totally depends on how much and how often dontations arrive, but there may also be some surprises for TBB.

How much you donate is a personal thing and you don't have to dontate at all. There is no compulsory requirement to donate anything and TBB has survived quite happily up to now without any donations, but if your pleased to see the service running as smoothly as possible you can do your bit to help.

I truely appreciate all the donations made so far, you've all been very generous and I'm now compiling a list of possible spendouts for TBB and its server. There are lots of things that can be done, its just getting them in the most appropriate order to ensure the monies are not wasted un-necessarily. For example, a memory increase would go down well and a more suitable backup solution to that used currently would be a real bonus.

Cheers

A grateful JohnnyP

Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Some TBB merchandise might be cool too, if you ever get around to it ;)

Although not t-shirts, got too many of them now...

cornixt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cornixt »

How do you get it around the GW legal team? The owner of another forum says he can't have one on his forum because GW say no.

Cornixt
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Golden Throne?

Wasn't it more to do with the content?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
cornixt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cornixt »

No it wasn't Golden Throne. This is just a forum site based on Warhammer. Something to do with not being allowed to make any money from GW IPR, even if it just covers costs.

Cornixt
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Well, it is a donation. We all chip in to let Johnny keep the server up to date. It isn't required to pay to have full access to the server, so Johnny doesn't sell anything.

With TBB merchandise it would be hard for GW to make a case I think, but easier. You just have to be careful about using GW images I guess. But I wouldn't think it beyond GW's narrow-mindedness to ban TBB T-shirts as seen at tournaments if they were sold through TBB rather than it being the action of one enthousiast.

Nuffle Sucks!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

cornixt wrote:No it wasn't Golden Throne. This is just a forum site based on Warhammer. Something to do with not being allowed to make any money from GW IPR, even if it just covers costs.
Could it have been they were selling merchandise that had GW logo's/pics on it? That would cause a problem.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.