Eric Ivarssons special skill

Moderator: TFF Mods

Juiblex
Rookie
Rookie

Eric Ivarssons special skill

Post by Juiblex »

Hi,

How would you read SP Ivar Ericssons special skill?

Exempel.
You are using Ivars skill to move a open player into the TZ of an opponent where the ball is laying.
Should you add the TZs to manage to pick up the ball?

The text is worded as an normal move, (not push) so the ball shouldnt bounce away (like if a player is pushen on the ball). And you dont apply any TZ negation in the move.
First the player is open so it cant be for a dodge roll (he is moving into an TZ)…

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Eric Ivarssons special skill

Post by lunchmoney »

Rules as written Vs rules as intended....
RAW pick it up, ignoring tackle zones.
I suspect RAI is that the ball is either bounced or you pick it up and apply TZs.

In either case if you attempt a ball pick up and fail it is a turnover.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I read this as a voluntary move, so the player would need to pick up the ball, yet with TZ modifiers, as the special skill only mentioned ignoring tackle zones for moving, not for picking up the ball.

I don't really see a need for a clarification, but I can see some players want to argue that this special rule allows them to break the game and get to move the ball out of a tackle zone.
Well I'm afraid that would be too good for an already good Star Player, MA 6 ST 4 AV9+, Block, Guard, Tackle Loner (3+) and a special skill use per drive. Not too shabby for 245 k.

RAI, this is difficult to guess but I'm afraid that this wasn't proof-read by seasoned Blood Bowl coaches.

jawCross
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jawCross »

I think this is involuntary movement because that player is not activated but this is Ivar's activation. And thus this special skill can be used to get one free bounce for the ball (if conditions are met).

I still don't get what means "ignoring Tackle Zones" when player must be Open and gets only one movement.