Dump Off Vs Bonehead Timing

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Dump Off Vs Bonehead Timing

Post by odinsgrandson »

If my player with a negatrait declares a Blitz against a ball carrier, is the Dump Off Pass rolled before Really Stupid/Bonehead/etc?

Or can the ball carrier wait and see if the Stupid roll is failed before dumping off the ball?

The timing in 2020 is unclear to me.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Dump Off Vs Bonehead Timing

Post by lunchmoney »

RAW
Declare action
Bonehead is rolled immediately after declaring action, before anything else, like declaring target.
Dump Off happens when target declared.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I hate to disagree with my fellow admin (i don't really, I love it :lol:)...

I'm not sure I agree... current sequence seems to be, based on rules and FAQ's... Player declares action & target (for blitz anyway), this triggers DO as there is 'a target'. The negatrait player then commences their action including Bonehead/Unchanneled Fury or whatever.

So the DO player could be forced to roll the Dump Off stuff before the Big Guy could fail the Bone Head and therefore not even be able to move.

Seems stupid and counter-intuitive but then declaring the Blitz, DO happening and then the Blitzer moving to the recivering player and standing next to them rather than hitting original target seems more counter-intuitive to me so... :roll:

Edit - throw in a Animal Savergery player blitzing a Dump Off player with Foul Appearance while standing next to an On the Ball Player and then pick the bones out of that sequence of who triggers what when and 'what if' :P :lol:

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Disagreement is fair, especially in this case.
My argument is based on the BH triggering immediately upon declaration of the action, not the target.
I can see both sides. Bloody annoyingly written rules 🤣

One for the Commish or TO to rule on until fixed in the faq I guess 🤷

bloodbowlfaq@gwplc.com send an email, get it asked frequently and they might tidy it up.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Has anyone had a definitive answer confirmed on this timing issue?

To me it seems improbable that the BH get's rolled first because by this there is an actual choice to be made by the DO player, nog they get to do it long before the actual block action targets them.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

El_Jairo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:05 pm Has anyone had a definitive answer confirmed on this timing issue?
Nope. Keep emailing the question to gw.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Vegeta79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vegeta79 »

I'm not an admin, but for me it would be logical and not contrary to the rules for Bonehead/Realy Stupid...

Bonehead should be rolled first after the announcement of a Blitz. After that blitzing player moves, when miniature is placed next do the target then foul appearance roll, then dump off roll, then on the ball and then the block. Why? because it would comply with the rules and e.g. if foul appearance would work the target will not be blocked =》will not dump off the Ball, without quickpass there where also no "on the ball".

Would be my interpretion of the rules. (In my brain this would be stuctured and logical. But I'm looking forward to the official answerI )
KR

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

Vegeta79 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:32 am Bonehead should be rolled first after the announcement of a Blitz. After that blitzing player moves, when miniature is placed next do the target then foul appearance roll...
The FAQ has already confirmed you roll Foul Appearance *before* you move, and if you fail you lose your action *and* move:

Q: If a player with the Foul Appearance skill is chosen as the target of a Blitz action, when do they roll to see if the action is wasted? (p.78)

A: As soon as the Blitz action is declared. This will mean that, if they fail, they will lose their entire action and will be unable to make either the Move action or Block action as part of the Blitz action.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Faq answers
Screenshot_20230529-080640~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com