The Siggy Llama Show -- yet another Blood Bowl podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Re: The Siggy Llama Show -- yet another Blood Bowl podcast

Post by Talarius »

Sorry to cause you some panic! I just retweeted the pic @ you; I probably shouldn't have deleted it in the first place. :roll: Are you going to Stuporbowl (at Adepticon), by any chance?

Reason: ''
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Doesn't seem likely, I'm afraid. Not seeing a pic from you? @siggyllama

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

I tweeted it correctly... and have discovered that when your Twitter account is in "protected" mode, your tweets can't be seen by anyone other than your approved followers, even if you reply or send a tweet to a specific person. :roll: No wonder I rarely get responses on Twitter. Noob failure. :oops: I'll switch over to public and reveal my geekiness to the world.

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Episode #8: Noob Skool

We’re back! We’ve got a month to make up for, and boy do we do it with a double shot of your Siggy’s love! Journey back to the beginning of your Blood Bowl career with a trip to Noob Skool! Hear how Sigmund spent his Gaming New Years, and hear how one hunts a puzzle! And find out how the Swedes live better than the rest of us! All this and more in this, our current, record-breaking episode! (Special guests: Wade Carney, Sandor Weisz, King Kong)

http://siggyllama.podbean.com/e/the-sig ... 427197182/

Gordon Lightfeet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gordon Lightfeet »

Long time fan first time poster. Really enjoying the show. Keep up the good work.

I work excessively long hours all alone, so as someone who listens to between 5 to 9 hours of podcasts a day, the longer shows are a treat for me.

As a new player to the game, I was excited about the prospect of a "Noob Skool" segment. While it was nothing like what I expected, it was still a funny bit.

I wasn't particularly fond of the lengthy interview, but Sandy was an interesting enough individual. I think it would have been wise to break it up into segments. Still good nonetheless.

Looking forward to the next paintcast. The last one is my favorite episode so far. The unscripted ramblings of the inner thoughts of an artist make good audio. That episode prompted me to buy my first miniature team. Granted, it came painted, but it made me want to make the leap from Cyanide to play the table-top version. I am looking forward to trying my hand at doing a conversion team in the future. Between work, family and music I don't have time for a league, but I'm looking forward to my first tournament.

As a side note, be cautious of lining in music for the show. Copyright can be tricky with podcasts. I'd try to stick with independent artists if you plan to do so.

Thanks for a good show.

-Gordon

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

If anyone's curious why I haven't responded to Gordon Lightfeet yet... I discuss it in this new episode:

The Siggy Llama Show #9: Paintcast II
http://siggyllama.podbean.com/e/the-sig ... ntcast-ii/

Because you demanded it! More aimless rambling! Some of it actually Blood Bowl related! All of it performed distractedly while simultaneously painting! Also, this marks the first time on the SLS that a segment is repeated! (You don't count Post-Game Sequence, do you?)

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Under normal circumstances, I would have listened to this already. But I want to feel the *real* Siggy Llama experience. I'm working on my nuns, so I'll pop this on instead of Jerry Springer meets Herve Villechaize in "Lost Survivor on Gilligan's Island".

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

mzukerman wrote:I'm working on my nuns
If this is not a reference to painting figs, please don't tell me.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

siggyllama wrote:
mzukerman wrote:I'm working on my nuns
If this is not a reference to painting figs, please don't tell me.
Of course it is. I'm a good Jewish boy. Playing a Catholic team. In a Methodist town. Against a bunch of atheists... I'm so confused!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Gordon Lightfeet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gordon Lightfeet »

siggyllama wrote:If anyone's curious why I haven't responded to Gordon Lightfeet yet... I discuss it in this new episode:

The Siggy Llama Show #9: Paintcast II
http://siggyllama.podbean.com/e/the-sig ... ntcast-ii/

Because you demanded it! More aimless rambling! Some of it actually Blood Bowl related! All of it performed distractedly while simultaneously painting! Also, this marks the first time on the SLS that a segment is repeated! (You don't count Post-Game Sequence, do you?)
Surprisingly enough, I wasn't curious. I felt as though I knew the answer in advance.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

EDIT: Spoilers ahead! (Really, for a podcast? Yep.)

Yeah, I've been meaning to say... you completely got me with the "Noob School" segment. I was listening along, and just thought it was a bad, bad interview. Just when I got to the point where I was saying to myself, "What is Siggy thinking? How can he be going on with this?" you changed it up and got to the gag. I honestly never saw it coming, even from you. Perhaps next time, I'll be more wary...

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Wifflebat wrote:EDIT: Spoilers ahead! (Really, for a podcast? Yep.)

Yeah, I've been meaning to say... you completely got me with the "Noob School" segment. I was listening along, and just thought it was a bad, bad interview. Just when I got to the point where I was saying to myself, "What is Siggy thinking? How can he be going on with this?" you changed it up and got to the gag. I honestly never saw it coming, even from you. Perhaps next time, I'll be more wary...
What? You mean he wasn't serious??? Damn, I thought the interviewee was just a dolt! :lol:

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

New episode!
The Siggy Llama Show #10: From the Vault

http://siggyllama.podbean.com/e/the-sig ... the-vault/
(and very soon on iTunes!)

Welcome back! Where have you been? I was just thinking about you! Did you just come from work? How are you doing? Have a seat. Did you just come from work? How are you? These are seriously the questions I'm asked by the lady who cuts my hair. Every single time. She drives me nuts but she does makes me look about 2.5 years younger so I grit my teeth and endure it. An experience you may relate to after this episode! Sigmund opens the vaults and lets you hear the ultra-rare Way Homer #1! We have a visit from some old cartoon friends! Plus a new contest! All these and more in this, the current episode of The Siggy Llama Show.

Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

Hello!

Congratulations on another great episode Mr Lamarr!

Apologies for not expressing my admiration for your show more frequently, but it's like commenting on every single one of Axia's painted teams - There's only so many ways of saying "Wonderful end product, I am both in awe and envious of your obvious talent, keep up the inspiring work," before it either becomes repetitive or blossoms into a fully-fledged romance.

Sorry to hear you say you're running out of material - hope it was more of a joke than a serious concern. But here are some (mostly bad) ideas for talking points / conversation starters / topics for you:

1) Miniatures
a) Your regular listeners know of your affection for your Shadowforge Elves, but what other Blood Bowl minis float your coracle? How many teams do you own? Does the first team you bought hold a special place in your heart? What's on your 'to be purchased at the earliest opportunity' list? Are there teams you love the miniatures for but haven't bought them / never used them because of how they play on the pitch is not compatible with your preferred style?

b) Sideline figures. Should Head Coach miniatures be mandatory? Your roster says you have 3 Cheerleaders, couldn't you have at least have bought one (and ideally painted it), you fungus-faced fool? When was the last time you saw an Assistant Coach miniature? If you don't represent it with a miniature, how do you remember it in-game? Counters can vary in quality and those people who write their inducements down on a scrap of paper - Yuck! Insults have not been invented to accurately describe my scorn and derision for those... individuals.

c) Collectors: To be admired for their dedication and ability to find rare miniatures in car-boot sales and job lots or to be pitied for their extremely expensive obsessive compulsive disorder?

d) Easy identification. Knowing what your opponents miniatures represent is key, especially for beginners. Do you support base ring colours on miniatures. Should strength 5 miniatures be bigger than strength 3 and 4 miniatures? Should Strength 2 miniatures always be smaller than strength 3 (even if they're not stunty?)

2) Favourite Fluff. What's your favourite fluff from the BB world? Which of the classic/historic teams is your favourite? Lowdown Rats, Reikland Reavers, Bruendar Grimjacks etc etc etc. Favourite / Top 3 or 5 'Did you know...' / 'NAF Facts' boxes from the rulebooks. My favourite? 'Some Pogoing Record' from 2nd edition 'Companion' expansion book. Favourite team chant? What fluff have you invented for your own teams? Star player you love just because of the fluff. In the world of Blood Bowl, Nuffle is the most worshipped god, superseding all others - So what are the old gods up to? Do Sigmar, Tzeentch and Gork meet up for Poker once a month? Does Slaanesh own a chain of 'specialty adult clothing' stores? Have Zebras been hunted to extinction by the Referee Clothing Manufacturers Guild?

3) Weirdest use for the range ruler template: Back scratcher? Fly swat? Prop for impromptu sword / lightsaber fight? (Plus: Ever thrown the scatter template like it was a ninja star?)

4) Rules changes. What would you add / change / remove from the rules? Should skills be random? Would you like the Amazons to be a bit less 6337 all the time? New skills? Bring back the Chaos See-Saw? Lots of people agree certain rosters should be changed - but what changes are required are almost never agreed on - mildly frustrating or BURN THE WHOLE PLANET AND START OVER AGAIN vexing?

Hope this random list of brain burps provides an idea for a future segment or two. Or at the very least a half-smile or snicker.

Looking forward to Paintcast 3: Finishing the Elves, Paintcast 4: Touch-ups and repairs to the Elves, Paintcast 5: Starting a whole new team! and Paintcast 6: I've run out of Green.

Hope this finds you and yours in the best possible health.

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Good to make your acquaintance, Hucker! And thanks for writing my next episode for me! Seriously, posts like this are octane in the podcast fuel tank. The only thing wrong your post is the insult to axia's painting. (I'll bet you anything he painted an entire team during the time I spent recording and editing this episode.)