Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Both Down Newest info!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Fun episode, helps get me past the whole "just lost my job" feeling

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by Olaf the Stout »

mzukerman wrote:Gygax Magazine ran into a little trouble with a couple of the core people moving around and the magazine was somewhat unsettled for a while. The article had to be rewritten as they wanted a little bit of a different angle so it missed the deadline for issue #2. I had a pseudo commitment from the gaming editor that it would be in issue #3. If you look at their site though, you'll notice that they never released issue #3. The magazine is still around as they are updating their website, twitter and a reaching out to their reader base, but they have had a lot of trouble getting that third issue going. I don't know what the status is at this point.
Are you sure about that Marc? I have hard copies of Gygax Magazine issues #1-#4. Your Blood Bowl article is definitely in issue #3.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

It is? Any chance you could past pics? I'll try to track one down.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Olaf the Stout wrote:
mzukerman wrote:Gygax Magazine ran into a little trouble with a couple of the core people moving around and the magazine was somewhat unsettled for a while. The article had to be rewritten as they wanted a little bit of a different angle so it missed the deadline for issue #2. I had a pseudo commitment from the gaming editor that it would be in issue #3. If you look at their site though, you'll notice that they never released issue #3. The magazine is still around as they are updating their website, twitter and a reaching out to their reader base, but they have had a lot of trouble getting that third issue going. I don't know what the status is at this point.
Are you sure about that Marc? I have hard copies of Gygax Magazine issues #1-#4. Your Blood Bowl article is definitely in issue #3.
Those rat bastards... they never told me it ran.

Now I have to find one myself. Thanks!!!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

What threw me was that they still list issue #2 on the top navigation bar. Not #3 or 4. So I just ordered a copy. You'd think I'd get one for free, wouldn't you? :D

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Both Down Newest info!

Post by mzukerman »

Ok, now I've read the article again and refreshed my memory of what happened. They had me rewrite the article from a point of view of teaching the game and drumming up excitement rather than my original article that had examined how the game flourished with Internet support rather than GW. When I get home later I will post my original copy. Unfortunately, our favorite Gingers were axed along the way.

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

mzukerman wrote:Ok, now I've read the article again and refreshed my memory of what happened. They had me rewrite the article from a point of view of teaching the game and drumming up excitement rather than my original article that had examined how the game flourished with Internet support rather than GW. When I get home later I will post my original copy. Unfortunately, our favorite Gingers were axed along the way.
RACISM! UTTER RACISM!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

mzukerman wrote:Ok, now I've read the article again and refreshed my memory of what happened. They had me rewrite the article from a point of view of teaching the game and drumming up excitement rather than my original article that had examined how the game flourished with Internet support rather than GW. When I get home later I will post my original copy. Unfortunately, our favorite Gingers were axed along the way.
I was wondering about that. When I read your post above I thought, "I don't remember any mention of Both Down in the article."

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

The original article was written back in March 2013. Here's a link to the PDF and our boys from Oklahoma were front and center.:

http://1drv.ms/1B1J8cK

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Marc, I just read your original article. To be honest, I think I find that a much better article, even for the intention of getting people into Blood Bowl. I found the revised article got too technical and spent too much word count on different starting team options, rather than talking about what makes Blood Bowl fun. Just my opinion though. In any case it was good to see a Blood Bowl article in print in a gaming mag.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

mzukerman wrote:The original article was written back in March 2013. Here's a link to the PDF and our boys from Oklahoma were front and center.:

http://1drv.ms/1B1J8cK
Very awesome.
It was the Black Phoenix Ravagers though, not Raptors. And they DID come to harm of their own accord! They're horrible...
After turning that corner, they looked like a sure winner of the NIT(Necromancers Invitational Tournament) since they had Ogres and Halflings to play against. I lost both games.
The same halfling team that I came 1 treeman away from clearing the pitch and had 10 casualties against, I couldn't break armor AT ALL! I don't think I caused a single casualty in the rematch and he put most of my team on the sidelines.... freakin' horrible....
:pissed:

Or on Twitter @BothDown
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Both Down – Ginger Christmas – Everyone come sit and enjoy the holidays with Steve and Scott as the ginger badgers go through their Christmas morning. This episode is packed full of great surprises, so pour yourself some more egg nog, throw on a yule log, and slice off another piece of fruitcake because the party of the year begins now! Merry Christmas!

http://bothdown.com/

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Both Down Newest info!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Makes a nice change from mashing swede

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Merry Christmas Gingers!

I think fatfinley needs to get a new signature for Christmas.

ImageImage
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Both Down Episode 39 – Makin’ Whoopee! – In this episode the Ginger Badgers bring the 150K induced magic to your ears as we cover Warpstone, Spectator Coaching, and Orclahoma Bowl Weekend. It is all you have been wanting for since last year but you couldn’t have until just this moment. Are you excited? You should be because the Year of Prime begins… now!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Warpstone – 14:35
Spectator Coaching – 32:20
Orclahoma Bowl – 49:15
Did you know w/ Snobb Costas – 1:28:15
Shout Outs – 1:30:40
Links to stuff mentioned in Episode 39:

Warpstone
Critter Bowl
Orclahoma Bowl Weekend
Orclahoma Bowl Rules
Spiky Cup Rules
Definitely let us know what you think at either twitter (@BothDown) or by email at BothDownPodcast@gmail.com

Or on Twitter @BothDown