News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Tweaking 7s

Post by lunchmoney »

Jip wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:every team has one good player that the rest rally around.
...almost like a Leader, you might say. :wink:
I would. However to balance the game I'd stick with using Pro as it's only that player who is any good :lol:

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

howlinggriffon wrote:If I wasn't bringing my wife to the EurOpen, I'd be playing in the evening's 7s tournament. Too late to tell her to stay home now though ;)
I don't know where you get your energy! Sevens after three games of standard BB on one of the party weekends of the year? Cripes.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

howlinggriffon wrote:If I wasn't bringing my wife to the EurOpen, I'd be playing in the evening's 7s tournament. Too late to tell her to stay home now though ;)
Not too late to teach her how to play 7s though! Cough introductory article cough cough.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If the lose of Pro was the price to pay for Leader being removed I'd take it. I don't think anyone has taken Pro at the Albion 7s, apart from the freebie one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Darkson wrote:1. The Doom Diver is possibly too good in 7s (only based off 1 event admittedly, but it did make scoring relatively easy for the Goblins).

2. I'd like to see the NAF go back to the "halve all positions, rounding up" then the flat 0-4 positions currently used.

3. Ban Leader! ;)
Cant ban skills at naf event per naf rules. Otherwise there some apologizing needed.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Bakunin wrote:
Darkson wrote:1. The Doom Diver is possibly too good in 7s (only based off 1 event admittedly, but it did make scoring relatively easy for the Goblins).

2. I'd like to see the NAF go back to the "halve all positions, rounding up" then the flat 0-4 positions currently used.

3. Ban Leader! ;)
Cant ban skills at naf event per naf rules. Otherwise there some apologizing needed.
You absolutely can ban Leader as that is actually recommended by the NAF:
https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploa ... F_BB7s.pdf page 1, bottom right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

...In Sevens, which is what this conversation is about. It’s an exception to fit the fluff / mechanics of the variant and not something you can do in NAF sanctioned ‘Blood Bowl’.

I’m sure everyone knew that, but always best to be super-clear. ;)

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I have banned Leader and Pro, as has been said this is allowed by the NAF. For 7s its the sensible thing to do.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

To be clear again - banning Pro is not OK at present. If that has snuck past us before, we’ve simply missed the catch. We see a large volume of tournament rulesets every month; while we do our best to not miss anything, it has been known to happen.

(That said - I very quickly ran through 2018 Sevens tournaments with your name on them, Wobert, and didn’t immediately see any reference to banning Pro in any of them? Perhaps it’s because I’m skimming on my phone, perhaps it was a pre-2018 thing... I hope all the rules go onto the NAF site? Regardless - going forward please don’t exclude Pro unless that becomes a rule.)

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Hmmm it certainly was banned, I wonder if I had a cut and paste error for later events.

Ok may need to introduce a new rule at mine . . . Pro and Leader a dare allowed but they also grant the opposition a free wizard, something like that :)

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Perhaps a dodgy cut and paste is at fault. No problemo, just check for me next time please?

And I know you’re kidding above; but since I’m being super clear in this thread just incase anyone gets any ideas, effectively banning skills by costing them wildly inappropriately, giving away outlandish bonuses to opponents or inventing house rule counters that render them useless isn’t OK, sanction wise.

I’m a fun guy really, you know. I’m only dull rules monkey on my days off. ;)

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

All seriousness then, can I suggest the NAF BB7s guide is amended. It does recommend that Pro and Leader aren't allowed. I know there will be a variants review, but the official guide does contradict what you are saying above.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Also, I don't intend to make Pro or Leader cost more, but the NAF have history of approving events that do increase the cost of certain skills.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

It says nothing about Pro, iirc, although please point it out if it does (and I’ll blame a head cold! :P). Also, I was careful to say ‘wildly inappropriately’.

Of course costing skills differently is a well worn trope, but we’d never sanction ‘teams can take Pro or 5 skills’ or similar. It’s all about being sensible. In Sevens, you’re less likely to have many skills so the window for creativity may be narrower, but feel free to think about it and throw something at us that’s interesting.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Wobert wrote: It does recommend that Pro and Leader aren't allowed.
No it doesn't. Only Leader is mentioned.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com