News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Rules for NAF Tournaments 2021

Post by Purplegoo »

Dear members,

From 1st January 2021, we will be updating our tournament rules and infrastructure to reflect the new edition (BB2020) recently released by Games Workshop. Please find the headline changes below and the finer detail in the attached document, which will serve as the NAF Rules for Tournaments 2021.

We’re sure that this post will generate lots of spirited discussion. Please ask any questions you have that aren’t covered below. We’re really excited to watch the new edition unfold in 2021, and hope this update will allow us to manage the change with the minimum of disruption.

Thanks,

NAF Committee.

- The NAF will continue to support tournaments using CRP / BB2016 rules, as well as those now using BB2020. On 1 Jan 2021, the current Blood Bowl Elo rankings will be duplicated to create a new variant: Classic (supporting play using the last edition).

- Example: My current Ogre Elo ranking is 140. From 1 Jan 2020, my Blood Bowl ranking will remain at 140 (to then be updated by BB2020 Ogre games), and I will gain a Classic ranking of 140 (to be updated by CRP / BB2016 Ogre games).

- Tournaments already in the database and scheduled for 2021 will be set to Classic by default. If organisers wish to update to Blood Bowl (and use BB2020 rules), they must manually edit their tournament listing.

- For reasons of practicality, Bretonnians will be renamed Imperial Nobility across all variants in the NAF database. In Blood Bowl (BB2020), Imperial Nobility are considered to have superseded Bretonnians, and the Bretonnian roster is no longer supported. In Classic (CRP / BB2016), the Bretonnian roster should be used, at TO discretion. We will be adding the new BB2020 races as soon as is feasible

- Daemons of Khorne and Slann remain welcome at NAF tournaments. We have made the minimum number of alterations to these rosters to enable their use the new edition.

- The Annual Review process will return in 2021 to assess the rules of the new edition in the context of NAF tournaments.

Rules for NAF Tournaments 2021

Reason: ''