NAF must change

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: NAF must change

Post by Gaixo »

Manuel wrote:I think there are 71 player adhesions so far, with almost no publicity out of bloodbowlforo. See the last elections in the NAF. That number alone would have been statistically quite relevant.

People are lazy in the internet. And Spaniards are among the laziest. Try to rise a poll on a forum about a minority hobby, and let's see how many participants you get.

And well, 26 tournaments so far are a good number, and geographically very concentrated. I keep hearing comments from TO who question what offers the NAF to them. I keep telling them the NAF is not an evil company with a hidden agenda. THEY are also the NAF, and can expect their opinions to be taken into account.
Laziness is one thing, but at this point it seems like the "revolutionaries" are actively opposed to encountering other viewpoints.

The thread on the NAF forum contains semi-official responses to the five demands, as well as opinions from other members. Some have even suggested potential compromises. Ignoring that gives the impression that you're more interested in protesting than in finding a solution. Your own post on the foro suggests that the NAF forum is a poor choice due to low traffic. I don't really see the relevance of that in this situation; it's simply a discussion site that all interested parties are already registered for.

Reason: ''
Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Yes, I know. I tried a couple of times to push Spanish people to the naf forum, but accepted it was a lost battle long ago. I think the "forum" format is a progessively dying way of interaction... People are used to more immediate and less effort demanding channels, such as Facebook.

Nothing against naf forum. It's just that people don't want to use it.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I haven't had time yet to look at the Spanish forum (will dedicate some time to tackling Google translate when I can). Would it be possible for one of the Spanish NAF staff to summarise the findings if there is anything extra to be added? If people want an official response, the NAF forum is the best place to go for one.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

sann0638 wrote:I haven't had time yet to look at the Spanish forum (will dedicate some time to tackling Google translate when I can). Would it be possible for one of the Spanish NAF staff to summarise the findings if there is anything extra to be added? If people want an official response, the NAF forum is the best place to go for one.
Nope there aren't anything to add, to here were exposed.

Gaixo arent révolutionnaires either, has opposed point of view about how the NAF are assimilating GW rulest, one or two mentioned about create a ÑAF. I suppose with Whores and more random. but you're right that are opposed to other points of views.

http://Image
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

sann0638 wrote:I haven't had time yet to look at the Spanish forum (will dedicate some time to tackling Google translate when I can). Would it be possible for one of the Spanish NAF staff to summarise the findings if there is anything extra to be added? If people want an official response, the NAF forum is the best place to go for one.
If you want we can speak tomorrow at FoulBowl, and I would try to explain the point of view that they have. It's not completly my point of view but I think that is important that his opinion is taking seriusly and try to have a good relationship between all of us.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
ramchop
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ramchop »

sann0638 wrote:Thanks Thibault. This has been posted to the NAF forum, and it would be good to keep the majority of the posts there if possible: https://member.thenaf.net/zikula/index. ... 117#100117

Always happy to hear feedback - engagement is good!
Is there a hidden NAF only section of the NAF forums? Although there are forums I can see, the link above asks me to log in.

I'm a lapsed member, as I got sick of fairly trivial account details taking months (or never) to be fixed. I would like to see the NAF related discussions. For example I see that the new ranking variants are broken in a number of ways. I assume others have picked up on this, and have alerted those in charge. But if not, how would I know, and where would I place my input?

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

ramchop wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Thanks Thibault. This has been posted to the NAF forum, and it would be good to keep the majority of the posts there if possible: https://member.thenaf.net/zikula/index. ... 117#100117

Always happy to hear feedback - engagement is good!
Is there a hidden NAF only section of the NAF forums? Although there are forums I can see, the link above asks me to log in.

I'm a lapsed member, as I got sick of fairly trivial account details taking months (or never) to be fixed. I would like to see the NAF related discussions. For example I see that the new ranking variants are broken in a number of ways. I assume others have picked up on this, and have alerted those in charge. But if not, how would I know, and where would I place my input?

I couldn't find neither, but if you follow the link provided you could see the thread. that in my opinion is pointless, because the creators of the initiative said pretty clear that hasnt any interest in see the answers to their concerns and only has
interest in have adhesions from their own community. put your input here, at least some members read this forum, or in http://www.bloodbowlforo.org Or this thread http://bloodbowlforo.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... 31&t=16939 using google translation, most adherents would read youre input there than here or NAF forum.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yes. Some parts of the forum you have to log in to see. I like to think lots of the trivial account detail stuff is now fixed, and I agree there was lots! But that would be going off topic...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

ugrosh wrote: ... that in my opinion is pointless, because the creators of the initiative said pretty clear that hasnt any interest in see the answers to their concerns and only has interest in have adhesions from their own community...
This is completely false.
Thibault wrote:I think that is better for this kind of initiatives to have the greatest difussion possible. I understand that the main discussion should be in the NAF forum, but in order to reach as many players as we can, I will post this same topic in different forums. First adhesions have reached in the spanish forum and in the near future I hope I can post it in the german, french and italian forums in their on languages. Unfortunately, the NAF forum doesn´t reach as many players as it should and I think presenting ideas to the people in their own language is important (for example, I have been quite reluctant to writing in this very forum or in the NAF forum, as I don`t feel confortable doing it in english, and at the same time, I`ve been really active for many years in the spanish forum)
You can disagree. You can even still feel agraviated by your own auto-banning in the spanish forum, but that doesn't give you the right to come here and start lying about other's initiatives.

ugrosh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ugrosh »

Manuel wrote:
Manuel wrote:
You can disagree. You can even still feel agraviated by your own auto-banning in the spanish forum, but that doesn't give you the right to come here and start lying about other's initiatives.
that's true i've missed the second thibault message, i stand corrected, then.

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

Manuel wrote:You can disagree. You can even still feel agraviated by your own auto-banning in the spanish forum, but that doesn't give you the right to come here and start lying about other's initiatives.
The fact is he can.

Dear NAF, do you want to make a standarized rule set to be used at all sanctioned events? Juat make a minimun ruleset, agreed by most people and a set of optional rules that an event organizers can adopt or not when he announces his tournament.
If NAF introduces broken star players or non-tested rules in a MANDATORY NAF ruleset my next tournament just won't be NAF sanctioned.
That's it.
Of course I am just ONE Tournament Organizer.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

viyullas wrote: Dear NAF, do you want to make a standarized rule set to be used at all sanctioned events? Juat make a minimun ruleset, agreed by most people and a set of optional rules that an event organizers can adopt or not when he announces his tournament.
If NAF introduces broken star players or non-tested rules in a MANDATORY NAF ruleset my next tournament just won't be NAF sanctioned.
This is pretty much how it works and how it always has worked. Right?

I'm not sure which stars are supposed to be broken or which rules are untested. Is that purely hypothetical?

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Gaixo wrote:
viyullas wrote: Dear NAF, do you want to make a standarized rule set to be used at all sanctioned events? Juat make a minimun ruleset, agreed by most people and a set of optional rules that an event organizers can adopt or not when he announces his tournament.
This is pretty much how it works and how it always has worked. Right?

I'm not sure which stars are supposed to be broken or which rules are untested. Is that purely hypothetical?
Grak and Crumbleberry are the only marginally applicable ones as far as I know, but as has been stated plenty before they're just for ad-hoc fun matches or friendlies rather than aimed at tournaments.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

fromherashes wrote:
Gaixo wrote:
viyullas wrote: Grak and Crumbleberry are the only marginally applicable ones as far as I know, but as has been stated plenty before they're just for ad-hoc fun matches or friendlies rather than aimed at tournaments.
There are a few additional Star Players released through the "app" which do not have the Loner skill. If it's an actual choice or just sloppy work (which the entire app suffers from) is unknown.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Conscious choice for G&C.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler