Proposal to vote on adding Khorne and Brets to NAF database

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Proposal to vote on adding Khorne and Brets to NAF datab

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:I played them in a UKBBL tournament a while back. Good fun! So they are definitely a thing.
....and in your local league IIRc :wink:

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I bought and assembled the MK1881 "Ares Daemons" project a while back. Actually being able to use them in tournaments could motivate me to get a move on and start painting them ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Did this thread get chopped? Or am I monumentally confused?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Following the vote held in September 2017, the NAF Committee has decided that Bretonnians and Khorne will be added as races to the NAF database.

Tournaments will be allowed to include these as official races from 1st January 2018, but this will be up to the individual Tournament Organiser. The inclusion or exclusion of these races does not affect the sanctioning of a tournament.

Until this time the current situation will continue, which is that they can be included in tournaments but their games will not be recorded in the database.

The NAF Committee will at some point review whether they should become compulsory races for NAF sanctioning. No decision has been made on this.

Thank you to ManticoreRich for the shiny version of the document, which also contains a FAQ following feedback received after the vote result.

https://www.thenaf.net/naf_database_update_2017/

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

“In addition BB2 Legendary has just been released with Bretonnians as part of it, so it looks as though they are here to stay.”

Yeah, the same was said about Khorne, and where are they in BB2?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Darkson wrote:“In addition BB2 Legendary has just been released with Bretonnians as part of it, so it looks as though they are here to stay.”

Yeah, the same was said about Khorne, and where are they in BB2?
They were in the database until very recently. There seems to have been a general tidy up of the database with release of LE. The unique identifier for the team is still free in the database, so adding them back in would be a simple cut/paste (barring graphical assets) should it be necessary.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

sann0638 wrote:Tournaments will be allowed to include these as official races from 1st January 2018, but this will be up to the individual Tournament Organiser. The inclusion or exclusion of these races does not affect the sanctioning of a tournament.
This is probably the most sensible solution. Looking forward to seeing both teams at tournaments.
Awesome! Now to get cracking painting ... and seeing how many lame Khorne puns the community can come up with ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

dode74 wrote:They were in the database until very recently. There seems to have been a general tidy up of the database with release of LE. The unique identifier for the team is still free in the database, so adding them back in would be a simple cut/paste (barring graphical assets) should it be necessary.
So even further away than they were before LE then.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I think you need a new avatar:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If pointing out the flaws in the reasoning for adding these non-GW races makes me a grouch, then I'm happy to be one.

Domfluff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Domfluff »

Tempted to get involved with Alex's thing?

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=44413

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Left some questions, but hope someone will transcribe the podcast (or at least summarize it) as I don't listen to podcasts (any, on BB or any other subject, just don't like the format).

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Darkson wrote:If pointing out the flaws in the reasoning for adding these non-GW races makes me a grouch, then I'm happy to be one.
Its your bias which makes you a grouch, not your "reasoning".

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nope.

Were in BB1 (CE?)
Were in database of BB2 (but not playable).
Not in database of BB2 LE.

So further away than they've ever been.

That's not bias, that's fact (as you helpfully pointed out).

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

The first 3 are fact. The last is your interpretation of the facts. Their existence in the database on my or your PC is not an indication of how close we are to getting them, if we are to get them.

Imagine a scenario where the database was cleaned up to get rid of a few things which shouldn't have been there (just like Khorne were in the Dungeonbowl database when they shouldn't have been). Now imagine that you leave a space in the database for a forthcoming team; you leave it because the assets are being made and the UIDs in the database are already allocated. You could have reallocated those UIDs to Kislev, but since they're already there and made for Khorne and it's a simple cut and paste job to put them back in then it makes more sense to give Kislev its own set of UIDs. That would actually make them closer to being in BB2 than at any other time.

Now I'm not saying that's correct, but I am saying it is a valid interpretation of the first 3 facts. Your own interpretation is down to your bias.