News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

cigossi
Rookie
Rookie

NAFLM TRANSLATION ERR ! race/brettonia

Post by cigossi »

Hi;

My league has been running OBBLM for the last five years or so starting with v0.8 and upgrading with every edition and we have a ton of data. I just attempted to upgrade from OBBLM v0.96 to the new NAFLM and everything seems to have gone well except for the existing Brettonian teams. At first none of the data showed up but when comparing the old to the new I discovered that there was a change in the spelling of Brettonia. It went from Brettonia to Bretonnia in the NAFLM files. From what I can tell it shouldn't matter as everything is referenced by race_id=24 but i still get these errors.

Interestingly if I change the files to reflect the old spelling the data shows as well as player avatars and such but the race shows "TRANSLATION ERR ! race/brettonia" (the old spelling.) If I change the files to reflect the new spelling I now get all of the data but the avatars and race name display errors. Of course, I am syncing the game data files after each change. My guess is there is somewhere else in the DB that is not getting updated to the new spelling.

I don't know sql well enough to hunt it down. Did anyone see this when upgrading? I want to make this work with the NAFLM spelling to avoid this happening every time I upgrade in the future.

Current Settings.
Header.php : if ($settings['custom_races']['Bretonnia']) {require_once('lib/game_data_bretonnia.php');}

Settings.php:
$settings['custom_races'] = array(
'Bretonnia' => true,
'Daemons of khorne' => true,
'Apes of wrath' => true,
'Stunty Leeg' => true,
);

lib/game_data_bretonnia.php:
define('T_RACE_BRETONNIA', 24);

$DEA['Bretonnia'] = array (
(Every reference thereafter is bretonnia)

The Deamons of Khorne and the Apes of Wrath work fine. The Stunty LEEG stuff has the same problems as the Bret teams but I assume those might not be supported. The errors are identical so the same fix should apply.

Reason: ''
cigossi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NAFLM TRANSLATION ERR ! race/brettonia

Post by cigossi »

I was able to resolve the issue on my own. :D

I have access to the MySQL server so I ran

SELECT * FROM `teams` where `f_rname` = 'brettonia';

I then manually changed them all from Brettonia to Bretonnia.

They are all working fine now.

Reason: ''