frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Converting Article

Post by frogboy »

Another great update, thanks spubbbba!

:orc:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

Great article, I was looking forward to this one.

I am not entirely convinced by the first grass base though. Close up it looks like leaves (or green stones), especially when comparing to the vinyl sheet. Does it look better at a normal distance? I looked back through the star player conversion article and it does look better with the patches of static grass.

The churned earth base looks fantastic, I will definitely try that soon.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

sann0638 wrote:Fixed now, though due to size of pictures goes to 26 pages. Have had a fiddle with settings, but doesn't seem to make a difference.
Thanks! I have a look when I get home.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

TheDancingClown wrote: I am not entirely convinced by the first grass base though. Close up it looks like leaves (or green stones), especially when comparing to the vinyl sheet. Does it look better at a normal distance? I looked back through the star player conversion article and it does look better with the patches of static grass.
The flock used in that first base is the finest grade I have, but is very old. If you compare it to the medium grade in the initial pic in the article then you'll see some of the larger bits from item 1 are as large as the smaller bits from item 2.

Personally I prefer a mixture of the fine and medium with some tufts of the brown static grass as shown directly below it. But the fine grade on it's own is the easier way to get an appearance of very well kept grass. The grass sheet can look better, but it tends to crinkle unless you glue it perfectly, plus you either have to pin models to the base or cut hole for the tab and fill it in.

These dark elves used that same flock with the addition of painted white lines.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

Yes I agree a mix of the different grades with the static grass tufts looks the best. I have some very fine green sand that I always thought would make a perfect lawn....I will perhaps give it a try to see if it works.

On a side note, I really like the skin tone on those dark elves.