News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

janninu
Experienced
Experienced

The Maltese Have Landed

Post by janninu »

Hi guys,

I am janninu from Malta, I guess some of you saw me running around at the world cup or at the NAF Championship earlier this year.

First of all i'd like to thank everyone who in some part or another was part of the World Cup, being organising or participating - it was an out of the world experience, one I will most definitely cherish.

That being said i'm currently the Maltese national captain (I was told to leave a post here so I can get access to that part of the forum), and we look forward to starting to do tournaments here in Malta (we've only ever done leagues before) and have some of them were we can see some faces from around.

Any suggestions, advise, or anything you can point my way would be appreciated!

Block'n'Roll,

Janninu.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: The Maltese Have Landed

Post by sann0638 »

Some stuff here, but I bet others will chip in! Ask some questions, and you will get answers...

http://www.thenaf.net/tournaments/running-a-tournament/

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
janninu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by janninu »

Thanks, that link has some good information.

One question i'd like to ask is what would make you guys travel to Malta most for a Blood Bowl tournament?

Some ideas spring to mind :-

- Blood Bowl on the beach?
- All-inclusive hotel w/tournament played there aswell?
- Cost-down, w/fun things to do in the vicinities?

Anything you guys would be wanting to have in a blood bowl tournament in the place with 300 days of sun a year? :P

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

janninu wrote:Thanks, that link has some good information.
- Blood Bowl on the beach?
- All-inclusive hotel w/tournament played there aswell?
- Cost-down, w/fun things to do in the vicinities?
More 2 and 3 than 1, I think. Low cost and easy arrangements are key (I think). Would be great to support a new tournament in a new country. No idea what the cost to Malta is. I guess some research by you guys on that side might help?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

I agree.

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
janninu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by janninu »

Thanks for your feedback. Cost to come to Malta is not very expensive from most major European cities, average price for flights + accomodation + tournament from most european cities i found averages around €500 - how does that compare to other tournaments?

Cheers!

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

It is still more than 10 times from playing a tournament nearby. If this includes spend for food and drink (and another drink maybe) it sounds reasonable.

Please mind that guests will also need to dedicate some of their holidays from work for the travel.

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)