Great Big Blood Bowl Survey

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Great Big Blood Bowl Survey

Post by dode74 »

Moraiwe wrote:Dumb question time. If you're interested in reaching Cyanide players, why haven't I seen news of this survey on their own blood bowl forum? Am I just blind?
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=5196

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks dode. Apologies, it seems I saw the word 'forum' and my brain replaced it with 'facebook'.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

dode74 wrote:
Moraiwe wrote:Dumb question time. If you're interested in reaching Cyanide players, why haven't I seen news of this survey on their own blood bowl forum? Am I just blind?
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=5196
No replies!! I've bumped it (hopefully the cyanide forum admins won't see my unsubtle bump!)

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

harvestmouse wrote:No replies!! I've bumped it (hopefully the cyanide forum admins won't see my unsubtle bump!)
I've stickied it in the BB2 forum ;)

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Yeah the News section doesn't seem to be the best place for it. Either of the General Discussions is better.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

I took the survey.

I answered neutral on the set of tournament Qs and the ones for minis/painting. That is because I could not skip them. I never go to tournies and have not painted in 20+ years, so both are irrelevant for me. A way to skip would avoid skewing the results.

Good luck with the survey.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Past 2000 responses, couple of weeks left to respond if you haven't yet! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZdCmu ... I/viewform

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Bump! Closing in fast on 3000 replies, only a week to go! Please make sure you have your say, guys - plus forward on to everyone you know who plays blood bowl for their input too!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

The survey is now closed and the process of crunching and interpreting the responses has begun in earnest!

In approximately 10 days time we'll be releasing a report that details the conclusions, learnings and (where appropriate) some follow up actions from the survey. To that end, and given the short amount of time between the survey close and release dates, we've pulled together a small team of people experienced with data mining and analysis to help us attack the data from more angles than we might otherwise have the time or knowledge to do ourselves. Nevertheless, the information doesn't stop there; if you read the NAF minutes you may have seen that at the last committee meeting we decided to release the raw data from the survey early to allow the whole community not only to drill down into the information for themselves, but also to offer anyone who does so the opportunity to feed their insights back into our own findings for distribution.

https://goo.gl/gpiMOI

What can you do to help?

Everyone is invited to be part of this work. The first two steps - cleaning the data of personal information, and demonstrating how individual questions have been answered in isolation - have now been completed. What we're looking for in the next step is any observation based on combinations or dependencies of responses, ie where there's an insightful correlation between how the population has answered on question or set of questions with how they've responded to another. So if you're a bit of a stats fiend and think you might have found something interesting in the information along those lines, then please post or discuss your findings here, or send a PM to either me or sann0638, at any time over the next five days or so.

Enjoy! :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

What was this all about then? I wonder how many other people missed it :(

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

frogboy wrote:What was this all about then? I wonder how many other people missed it :(
Sann plastered this everywhere.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:
frogboy wrote:What was this all about then? I wonder how many other people missed it :(
Sann plastered this everywhere.
If you read all the forums.

Is the survey important though, it could have been announced at tournaments, I mean you got the would cup soon with over 900 coaches, could have been announced there or at the captains meeting or both. A link could have been placed in all the tournament posts with a request to TO's to announce at their event, so when you say plastered everywhere I take it this one thread!?

Just saying, if it's important then missed opportunities there. Whole nations could have been excluded. But good effort on collecting valuable data i'm sure whatever you decide to do will be best for the whole community lol

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

2800 people replied. We reached some BB players :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

On it! Sadly my work won't let me access drop box and all my attempts to email the file to myself gets blocked. The one thing my work IT is not terrible at is security it seems!

Any way you could put the file on the naf website for direct download please?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

sann0638 wrote:2800 people replied. We reached some BB players :)
Yay! :orc: